What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I have to admit I got Luch wrong. I thought he'd carry on a merkin and f**k around until he got a release but he really seems like he wants to have a go and it was just money being the reason why he's leaving.
Complete opposite of his bone head brother eh? sucks we couldn’t keep him, but also understand the young family and money that was on the table for him

macnaz

Staff member
I wouldn’t shop brooks off while Doueihi is out still. It doesn’t really benefit us at all..
Madden played good for 20 but against 3rd stringers, people are forgetting he played 2nd half vs manly the week before and was awful

I think the key is Hastings. But he’s also only 1 trial deep so far, so let’s not get too ahead of ourselves
Yep.. Always happens , even when Liddle is replaced . People tend to look at a snippet within a game and presume that player x is going to deliver that game and intensity 80 mins a week forever more.
We all know Brooks has his floors which are generally providing the right option under pressure but unfortunately now 90% of the good stuff he does is overlooked and someone else can come along completing better in that 10% dept but offers very little in the other areas where Brooks succeeds and we think we have found Joey Johns.

gordsy

Juniors
I read that we have lost Scott Woodward / let him go..
Is this as big of a loss as what others on the net are claiming it to be ??

stryker

First Grade
I read that we have lost Scott Woodward / let him go..
Is this as big of a loss as what others on the net are claiming it to be ??
From what I have read, he is the architect behind our revised recruitment strategy, eliminating our “paying overs” mantra and installing a scientific approach ala moneyball.
If all of this is true, he is a significant loss.

glockers

Juniors
Did we end up getting one of the Cowboys backrowers for next season?

If not I would try targeting Mitch Dunn. Good footballer who has some ball playing.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Did we end up getting one of the Cowboys backrowers for next season?

If not I would try targeting Mitch Dunn. Good footballer who has some ball playing.
Nope. Got neither, I think Cowboy's have offered both new contracts. Plus we now seem to be competing with Saints for that Sharks back rower. Interesting test / challenge for future- his NZ coach vs the coach that brought him into first grade. I hope we get him.

WA Tiger

Bench
Just watched the Brisbane game.. Billy Walters did well, as I expected he would..He was right at home on the big stage..apparently he said in an interview he needs confidence from the coach to play well… I think he can play a lot better than what he did against south’s tonight if he gets the opportunity, maybe alongside Reynolds although it sounds like Kelly has the inside running there..You could see him thinking about the best option, not just going through the motions, and looking right at home even in the white hot moments..Naturally his father will give him all the confidence he needs to do his thing..

Unfortunately Madge has no idea how to (1) spot talent and (2) encourage that talent, or as bad, sticking with shit. He is clueless.. Look at Tualagi. Now, he’s a feature in the team,but it’s too late ..with Madge it’s always too late.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Listening to Madge's press conference makes me proud to be a Wests Tigers supporter.

Not only are they learning heaps every week by putting in below standard games time after time but they are training hard every week. I'm pretty sure that those two things separate us from the rest of the pack.
I bet they look really sharp when they have unopposed training sessions. Maybe they should televise them instead of our games.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not that down with the team right now. We aren't playing that poorly and we were extremely unlucky last night. On top of that we have a lot of players out.

We are going to improve.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I know you have turnover in a squad but in the last 2 years we have literally let go Paul Momorovski, Corey Thompson, Matt Eisenhuth and Elijah Taylor. Not world beaters but good solid, experienced players that would make a huge difference to the squad nowadays.

Pezz70

Juniors
I'm not that down with the team right now. We aren't playing that poorly and we were extremely unlucky last night. On top of that we have a lot of players out.

We are going to improve.
Can’t see it hey, they were diabolical against the knights and backed it up with one of the poorest performances I’ve seen in a long long time, any of the top 4 deadset beats them by 50, it was only the warriors being absolute shit that saved us. 15 v 16 there yesty.

Last edited:
Can’t see it hey, they were diabolical against the nights and backed it up with one of the poorest performances I’ve seen in a long long time, any of the top 4 deadset beats them by 50, it was only the warriors being absolute shit that saved us. 15 v 16 there yesty.
100% Pezz.

‘A lot of players out’ f@#k me.

Kelma Tuilagi a guy who has played 8 1st grade games, who else in the forwards and that is the engine room where it all starts, was out? one forward played in the centre’s where he normally hides anyway.
The 6 who has only played 2 games with the club, the winger and centre and his replacement did better than the centre has in a long time.

Id say of the guys with long term injuries it’s only Adam D who would have been a starter in the backline. Plus They have had all of the off season to train together and know each other’s role in case of injury.

Tiger05

First Grade
who else in the forwards and that is the engine room where it all starts, was out? one forward played in the centre’s where he normally hides anyway.

Surely Stef is out for a long time as well. Joe O was really good. Tamou was good too. Will they continue to play at that level ? I'm fine with our edge forwards if everyone else does their job.

There is going to be more pain though.

The forwards have to improve. We need players to stop having complete shockers. Our back 3 have made so many mistakes.

We are a mess. I don't think it can stay this bad.

Pezz70

Juniors
Surely Stef is out for a long time as well. Joe O was really good. Tamou was good too. Will they continue to play at that level ? I'm fine with our edge forwards if everyone else does their job.

There is going to be more pain though.

The forwards have to improve. We need players to stop having complete shockers. Our back 3 have made so many mistakes.

We are a mess. I don't think it can stay this bad.
Trouble is they really haven’t improved in the last three years, they seem to be going backwards not forward. I don’t wish Brooks any ill but I really want Ricky Stuart to give him a call, even if we have to pay 33% of his wage. It took a long long time but now I’m convinced he is not the man for us.