What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

qld redvee

Juniors
I agree but geez we were brittle on the edges, times we had numbers and let them slip through tackles or pass was frustrating.
What about the last set, how did Roosters not score there and how did we let them get up the other end!!
Somehow we scrambled but defended our line stoutly
We were off the pace we needed to be yesterday in attack, Hunt's slow passing back inside and our backline movements gave the Roosters plenty of time.
Makes the win more pleasing because Roosters bumbled in attack also.
We were playing nervous and at times dumb in that 2nd half with the ball right from the kick off.
You could feel the come back...you could just feel it
BLM01 I think it shows how slow guys like woods and burgess are around the ruck I also noticed that easts kept playing a hot potato style with the ball where magically they didnt drop it and everything stuck , that caused our defence to be quite ordinary at times . We really do need an extra playmaker / runner to give us options in attack both sides . Like you said you could feel the comeback and that last raid was looking ominous except for hunt touching the ball . I think we were out on our feet and losing sua 's defence really gave easts a big leg up
but it was a great win and we need to beat the tigers on sunday

denis preston

First Grade
BLM01 I think it shows how slow guys like woods and burgess are around the ruck I also noticed that easts kept playing a hot potato style with the ball where magically they didnt drop it and everything stuck , that caused our defence to be quite ordinary at times . We really do need an extra playmaker / runner to give us options in attack both sides . Like you said you could feel the comeback and that last raid was looking ominous except for hunt touching the ball . I think we were out on our feet and losing sua 's defence really gave easts a big leg up
Why did John's say Lawrie was offside after Hunt deflected the ball back to him from a Rorters pass ?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Why did John's say Lawrie was offside after Hunt deflected the ball back to him from a Rorters pass ?
Because he, like many other commentators and fans, does not know the rules.
If a ball is knocked backwards then its impossible for anyone to be offside as to take possession they would need to be behind the point it was touched.

It's laughable how many people can't grasp this simple concept.

mickeylane

Bench
Whata joke 1 week for Tupou...if that was Rava he would have been sent off and 4 weeks in the freezer...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tupou-charged-faces-one-match-ban-for-anzac-day-high-shot-20220426-p5ag3z.html

thebigredv

First Grade
Because hes a dragon player and most of the commentators "hate" us .....
You ought to listen to that Crawley bloke on NRL 360 Fox...none of those guys gave one bit of credit to a struggling Dragons team for digging in to win a hard fought match. Only going on about the out of sorts Roosters, and Crawley states "they would have tore the Dragons apart if the ball had stuck".

He then goes on to say that the 'cleanskin' Tupou's tackle didn't upset him that much and didn't deserve anything more than a 'careless' grading. Then states that Griffin can't complain if one of his players gets binned next week for a similar shot. Completely missing the point.

Absolute genius this bloke.

SBD82

Coach
You ought to listen to that Crawley bloke on NRL 360 Fox...none of those guys gave one bit of credit to a struggling Dragons team for digging in to win a hard fought match. Only going on about the out of sorts Roosters, and Crawley states "they would have tore the Dragons apart if the ball had stuck".

He then goes on to say that the 'cleanskin' Tupou's tackle didn't upset him that much and didn't deserve anything more than a 'careless' grading. Then states that Griffin can't complain if one of his players gets binned next week for a similar shot. Completely missing the point.

Nice to see Kent give it to him though. All but called him a moron.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I once told Crawley his head looks like a bloke who had been in a fight with a bar stool and the bar stool came of 2nd best. Looked at me and said have some respect. How can anyone respect a bloke who dribbles shit and only has a job cause his brother is the head of Fox sports

Trifili13

Juniors

Just watched NRL360 as well. Not a single comment of the effort by the Dragon's down to 15 on the bench. The usual Rooster's would have won if they executed better. Well they didn't so they lost. Same as us saying if Gasnier, Chang, Raper and our other legends were still playing we would still be winning comps.
If a Dragon's player did what Tupou did I would have no issue if he was binned or sent off. As Kent argued, Tupou had time to line him up and still went high. It's not as if it was a split second reaction to a player stepping him.

SBD82

Coach
Just watched NRL360 as well. Not a single comment of the effort by the Dragon's down to 15 on the bench. The usual Rooster's would have won if they executed better. Well they didn't so they lost. Same as us saying if Gasnier, Chang, Raper and our other legends were still playing we would still be winning comps.
If a Dragon's player did what Tupou did I would have no issue if he was binned or sent off. As Kent argued, Tupou had time to line him up and still went high. It's not as if it was a split second reaction to a player stepping him.
Don’t worry mate. James Graham is giving us plenty of credit.

Digustingly, Parker and Anasta chiming in. I don’t want credit from either of those two.

Dragon David

First Grade

He should get truly effed.

BLM01

First Grade
Burgess I will give benefit of the doubt. He has played little time back at NRL and should get better and fitter, did the job he was asked. Took it up strongly early. We needed more of that last 20. Molo did it on his own
Woods has always been a lumberer or plodder into the defence but he has an offload in him and can create 2nd phase. We just have to be ready for it, although once he through it to nobody although that could of been the supports fault.
It is Amone's or whoever plays 6 and at a pinch 13 to be that extra playmaker.
ATM every team knows Hunt is our main man and teams wait and watch him to see what our attack is.

Red V for life

Juniors

The absolutely ridiculous position he adopted was one thing. I mean I didn’t know there was a ‘clean skin’ exemption in the rule book for starters.

To then say Griffin can’t complain if we get binned next week is another.

FMD, the reason Griffin finally did complain is because we have been flogged on sin bins and suspensions for a couple of years now, but that is overlooked.

Just ridiculous.