What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Seeing as the team are undefeated when I make the game day thread, I figured I'd do it again for this game.

On the back of a well rounded 80 minute performance against the Knights, we've shown signs of life which is great to see!

Can we match it with the Chooks on Anzac Day and cause an upset to silence the critics and allow our saints some clear air while they go on to push for a top 8 spot?

We're certainly due for an ANZAC day win and if we have the same discipline with completions and set restarts we will give ourselves every chance.

Our opposition have also shown some inconsistency in their games so far this year and with a few players out of form, an upset is not off the cards for our men!

In any case the ANZAC Day game is usually played at a high pace and intensity and usually coincides with our inevitable slide down the ladder, this year it needs to be a springboard to put the weaker sides away in the proceeding rounds of the competition.

Saints by 2

Illusion

Bench
Seeing as the team are undefeated when I make the game day thread, I figured I'd do it again for this game.

On the back of a well rounded 80 minute performance against the Knights, we've shown signs of life which is great to see!

Can we match it with the Chooks on Anzac Day and cause an upset to silence the critics and allow our saints some clear air while they go on to push for a top 8 spot?

We're certainly due for an ANZAC day win and if we have the same discipline with completions and set restarts we will give ourselves every chance.

Our opposition have also shown some inconsistency in their games so far this year and with a few players out of form, an upset is not off the cards for our men!

In any case the ANZAC Day game is usually played at a high pace and intensity and usually coincides with our inevitable slide down the ladder, this year it needs to be a springboard to put the weaker sides away in the proceeding rounds of the competition.

Saints by 2
Hope so .......

BIG RIG

Juniors
This would be my team if I was picking

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Moses Suli
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Francis Molo
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Aaron Woods
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Jack Bird
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Tariq Sims
16. Josh McGuire
17. George Burgess

justadragon

Bench
this will be a huge step up in class to the knights game, we cant afford to be one dimensional in attack with everything revolving around hunt, it wont work against the roosters, bird does not have any creativity to make him a danger, amone has to play in the 5/8 position to give us a point of difference and allow hunt some space. Mbye to 14 and sloan back in the side. i also think that sulivan is progressing well at ressies and is running that team around nicely plus building some good match fitness, time for him to shine will be around SOO. i also think burgess needs lots more time back in the nrl, he looked really lost there a couple of times. oh and Lomax will need to wind his ego back and concentrate on being up against someone like Manu so watch out. All in all i would be happy with a good competitive game and a bit of pride shown on anzac day.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
So we have to repeat what we said last week to set up a win against the Roosters? OK then.

We are no chance unless changes are made. Knights Roosters have a good forward pack, good fullback, fair halves and a young middle-aged coach out to prove himself. If we pick the same side we have slow fair forwards, an ordinary a surprisingly effective fullback, lacklustre improving halves and an old coach padding out his superannuation who still knows a thing or two.

Hope that does the trick.

Dragon David

First Grade
So we have to repeat what we said last week to set up a win against the Roosters? OK then.

We are no chance unless changes are made. Knights Roosters have a good forward pack, good fullback, fair halves and a young middle-aged coach out to prove himself. If we pick the same side we have slow fair forwards, an ordinary a surprisingly effective fullback, lacklustre improving halves and an old coach padding out his superannuation who still knows a thing or two.

Hope that does the trick.
Superstitions have their way of working. Reverse psychology could also work by saying the Roosters on Anzac Day 25 April 2022 will enact a thrashing of the Dragons like never before seen or heard. It will be the thrashing of all thrashings. Do you think this will work?

possm

Coach
Josh Kerr Need's to be dropped to reserve grade
With McGuire and Burgess available, I think you will find that Kerr and Lawrie are on notice. My preference is for:
Molo, McGuire, Burgess, and Woods are our top 4 props. I'd say there would be a contest between Lawri and Kerr for a bench spot.

justadragon

Bench
Kerr should playing reserve grade for the foreseeable future.
Lawrie is to slow and cumbersome for the modern game. We need athletic forwards who have both size and pace.
But he will probably get the gig.
i agree with kerr but lawrie had pretty good stats for the game so i think he will keep his spot, burgess might be the worry though

Dragon David

First Grade
I know a lot of us on the forum are saying we should put Hunt in at hooker and play Sullivan at half but maybe what we should do is put Hunt in at 6 and Sullivan at 7. Just something that is worth a try I think. Hook won't move McCullough from hooker and Mbye from fullback just yet so think it might be worth a go and Amone on the bench still. What do you guys think?

Crush

Coach
Not sure I would call the knights victory a well rounded 80 minute performance.
But anyway, hoping at least one change to the spine this week. We can’t leave everything up to Ben Hunt with regards to creating in attack, it’s too predictable.
Need our 1, 6, 9 to contribute.
Mbye has been solid enough but no spark, Sloan has to get a run soon
Suli was excellent against Knights BTW, get him plenty of ball.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
i agree with kerr but lawrie had pretty good stats for the game so i think he will keep his spot, burgess might be the worry though
Yes- Lawrie is hardly the prototype of the modern front rower but he does have an exceptional work rate. That is why he gets a gig in the teams I choose.

George Burgess seems off the pace to me. Struggling to get involved.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes- Lawrie is hardly the prototype of the modern front rower but he does have an exceptional work rate. That is why he gets a gig in the teams I choose.

I’d like to judge Burgess in a month’s time. Those big guys take longer to get match fitness (and in his case confidence); “if fit and confident” id take his size over the others bench challengers. Let’s hope…..

Dragon David

First Grade

Yes, Burgess isn't really hitting hard in both attack and defence. Seems a bit dubious and cautious. Maybe he still gets some twinges in his hips. Anyway, hopefully it is only minor and he shapes up better in more games he plays.

Latest posts