What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 2023

jeffdragon

Bench
NRL Round 1 schedule
Thursday, March 2, 8pm: Parramatta Eels v Melbourne Storm @ CommBank Stadium

Friday, March 3, 6pm: New Zealand Warriors v Newcastle Knights @ Mt Smart Stadium
Friday, March 3, 8pm: Penrith Panthers v Brisbane Broncos @ BlueBet Stadium
Saturday, March 4, 3pm: Manly Sea Eagles v Canterbury Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval
Saturday, March 4, 5.30pm: Cowboys v Canberra Raiders @ QLD Country Bank Stadium
Saturday, March 4, 7.30pm: Cronulla Sharks v Rabbitohs @ PointsBet Stadium
Sunday, March 5, 4pm: Dolphins v Sydney Roosters @ Suncorp Stadium
Sunday, March 5, 6pm: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans @ Leichhardt Oval
Bye: St George Illawarra Dragons
Round 6 we play Titans again.

Parko1310

Juniors
B
Reasonable easy draw for the first month or so
But without Molo for titans and broncs it will be tough. I’ve got us squeezing past the titans because we’re at home, but I think we’ll get done by the broncs, at least with our squad as it currently stands. Unfortunately, I’ve got us down for only 7 wins. 20 comp points taking all byes into account, so probably not wooden spoon, but not far off either.

blacksafake

First Grade
B

But without Molo for titans and broncs it will be tough. I’ve got us squeezing past the titans because we’re at home, but I think we’ll get done by the broncs, at least with our squad as it currently stands. Unfortunately, I’ve got us down for only 7 wins. 20 comp points taking all byes into account, so probably not wooden spoon, but not far off either.
Unfortunately you could be right.
I’m thinking 8/10 wins

Maximus

Coach
To highlight what an afterthought we have become - we play most of the easier teams twice, we have 8 interstate/territory trips and few Friday night games.

I'm confused by this post.

Each team plays 8 teams twice, and for us 4 of those are top 8 teams from this year.

There are 7 interstate teams plus magic round, which means we play all of them away (only 4 of which we play twice). We play most Sydney teams at home. Not exactly sure how that makes us an afterthought?

We get 10 channel 9 games, which doesn't seem that bad. There is about 160 opportunities to have a ch9 game, so roughly 10 each.

Dragsters

First Grade

Each team plays 8 teams twice, and for us 4 of those are top 8 teams from this year.

There are 7 interstate teams plus magic round, which means we play all of them away (only 4 of which we play twice). We play most Sydney teams at home. Not exactly sure how that makes us an afterthought?

We get 10 channel 9 games, which doesn't seem that bad. There is about 160 opportunities to have a ch9 game, so roughly 10 each.

At first glance, other than the unfortunate timing of the round 1 bye, the draw overall looks pretty good for us imo...

shiloh dc

Juniors

We get 10 channel 9 games, which doesn't seem that bad. There is about 160 opportunities to have a ch9 game, so roughly 10 each
Out of the 2022 top 5 sides we only play the Sharks twice. Point being we have been handed a relatively easy draw -again.
We are playing two Sydney teams interstate as the away team. We only avoid travelling to Melbourne. We should be one of the most/if not the most travelled Sydney based teams. Point being - we will be a travel weary side (for a Sydney side bearing in mind Warriors/interstate sides travel almost every fortnight).
We only have two of the 8pm Friday night prime-time games - which theoretically should be the match of the round and both have an element of State of Origin conflict associated with them.

shiloh dc

Juniors
The NRL wants to keep the season ladder condensed whilst offering networks weekly top of the table clashes by having the perceived better teams playing each other twice and perceived weaker teams doing likewise. Statistically this affords a couple of the perceived weaker teams the opportunity to make the top eight.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m really struggling to believe that our team can win the opening 4 games

based off everything our RD 1 team should be

1. Cody Ramsey
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jayden Sullivan
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Jack Bird
12. Jaydn Su’a
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Michael Molo
16. Jaiyden Hunt
17. Nick Lui - Toso

This lineup is not including Francis Molo ( Suspended ) and Aaron Woods ( Tigers ) , Josh Kerr ( Warriors ) and Andrew McCullough ( Retired ) who I have read today will depart the club

That’s not a lineup I’m too convinced with but hopefully they can just dig deep and deliver

Maximus

Coach
Out of the 2022 top 5 sides we only play the Sharks twice. Point being we have been handed a relatively easy draw -again.
We are playing two Sydney teams interstate as the away team. We only avoid travelling to Melbourne. We should be one of the most/if not the most travelled Sydney based teams. Point being - we will be a travel weary side (for a Sydney side bearing in mind Warriors/interstate sides travel almost every fortnight).
We only have two of the 8pm Friday night prime-time games - which theoretically should be the match of the round and both have an element of State of Origin conflict associated with them.

We play as many of the top 5 sides twice as the Sharks do.

Souths play interstate 8 times as well (they have a string of games that goes Sunshine Coast, Tamworth, Perth, Cairns then Newcastle). Eels and Panthers 7 times, Roosters and Sharks 6 times. All Sydney teams will be travelling more than normal because of the football world cup taking grounds.

8pm Friday games haven't been match of the round for a long time. It's Bronco Night Football, and no surprise they get 8 of them

shiloh dc

Juniors
We play as many of the top 5 sides twice as the Sharks do.

Souths play interstate 8 times as well (they have a string of games that goes Sunshine Coast, Tamworth, Perth, Cairns then Newcastle). Eels and Panthers 7 times, Roosters and Sharks 6 times. All Sydney teams will be travelling more than normal because of the football world cup taking grounds.

8pm Friday games haven't been match of the round for a long time. It's Bronco Night Football, and no surprise they get 8 of them
Souths play away interstate 5 times??

Mojo

Bench
No i actually agree with you but reading these forums everyday, one thing is common. NEGATIVITY. And i know you wont disagree with that. I read so many things about all the shit thats going wrong with our once great club and its true, WE'RE FKED. However, i believe you create your own positivity. Theres so many great things i saw from certain players this year, but no one consistently talks about their potential and about all the great things that they do or can do in the future. For example, Matthew Feagai that kid is something special and we are just seeing the tip of what he can do. Yet i don't see forums hyping him up like other fanbases would with talent like that. Feel like its human nature to get caught in whats not going right, which i get caught in as well. But the least we can do is try and look and some of the positives you get me. By the way, in noway shape or form was i trying to offend any on here for any opinions so sorry if it comes across that way.
Homo sapiens are actually evolved for negativity. Fright response pays better dividends than fight response. There’s always a chance of being pleasantly surprised, as long as you survive first.
However, does a complaint about complaint equate to a non complaint? Hmmm

Latest posts