What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Even Gus reaches a point where salary cap money and salary cap spots run out.I beleive he has 3 spots left .Dont see May playing centers there

There will be another cleanout by 2025.Plenty of spots available then.

There is already a story last month about the Dogs wanting to have a chat with Taylan.
The Dogs need middles. Terrell May would be a good signing for them.
Maybe they piss JAC off and Taylan plays wing.
It would depend on how keen the brothers want to play together to what sacrifices they do.

Sime_11

Juniors
Dogs is good for Terrell now but not so good for Taylan - he'd likely make the squad but there's alot of competition in that backline.

can you see Taylan making a transition from the backs into the forwards?

Original Name

Juniors
I'm resigned to losing Taylan. As much as everyone shits on Tyrone he's fine as a utility or depth and the Dogs need Terell. It makes sense for the Dogs to pick up all 3 brothers and Penrith fans won't accept Tyrone back so we can't do it. The brothers have publicly expressed together multiple times and Roosters believe they're probably losing Terell according to Roosters Rule. The brothers express the desire to play together multiple times. I don't see how we can keep him.

Whino

Bench
I'm resigned to losing Taylan. As much as everyone shits on Tyrone he's fine as a utility or depth and the Dogs need Terell. It makes sense for the Dogs to pick up all 3 brothers and Penrith fans won't accept Tyrone back so we can't do it. The brothers have publicly expressed together multiple times and Roosters believe they're probably losing Terell according to Roosters Rule. The brothers express the desire to play together multiple times. I don't see how we can keep him.

The only way would be short-term deals. 2-3 years for Taylan and Terrell. Make then stars, win a premiership and then tell them to cash out elsewhere while they at the top.

Iamback

Coach
Taylan is an upgrade anyway. The Fox has had his day. This is assuming he returns to pre acl injury form. Tyrone never came back from his particularly well, so it's a risk.

That is why I am more reserved as to whether Taylan will go well next year. Got to see how he comes back but family history says it will be a struggle

BossleyPanther

Juniors
That is why I am more reserved as to whether Taylan will go well next year. Got to see how he comes back but family history says it will be a struggle
It usually takes time after being a long term injury. Depends on his psychology and confidence. Paps didn't last long on his return last year is a prime example.

betcats

Referee
Tbh I think the May guys are making it hard on themselves. If I were them I’d be looking to get the best deal possible regardless of where the other brothers are at. Any club willing to bring all 3 together(which I think would be a short list) is going to be trying to get all 3 at a discount. Tiny and Terrell are good players but not so good clubs are going to bend over backwards for them and Tyrone realistically is going to struggle to ever get back to the nrl. Tiny has got one good season at wing under his belt and since missed a year and then said he doesn’t see himself as a winger anymore. Terrell is 25 soon with less than a season off the bench, and no sure thing to be in the roosters best 17 this season coming up. None of them are in a position to be asking clubs to pay full freight and sign all three, and how many clubs are looking to sign a winger/centre, prop and a utility for full price? They have severely limited their options if that is their starting point.

9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

Terrell is 25 soon with less than a season off the bench, and no sure thing to be in the roosters best 17 this season coming up.

Latest posts