What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Incorrect

Coach
Phoenix Suns
Ahhhhh yes.... John Paxson broke Suns hearts with that clutch 3 at the death in Game 6 1993 in Phoenix.... Will never forget it...What could have been.... If it had gone to a game 7, Suns had the home court again, might have snatched the title....

Noise

Coach
Ahhhhh yes.... John Paxson broke Suns hearts with that clutch 3 at the death in Game 6 1993 in Phoenix.... Will never forget it...What could have been.... If it had gone to a game 7, Suns had the home court again, might have snatched the title....
And then choked again 2-1 up against the Bucks a couple years ago. My teams love to choke.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Mahomes is no where near Brady.

And as a patriot.hater I will happily admit it.

Brady won 6 plus another 1 at Tampa.

Until Mahmoes wins 7 it's not a debate. No matter the shit he was throwing at this season.

Eelectrica

Referee
Just finished watching. What a game. Congrats to the Chiefs fan(s) on here and commiserations to the 49er fans. I can't imagine what that loss must have felt like to lose. Probablly about the same as the parra GF loss to the Storm I suppose. A game that seemed like the win would come, only for it to slip away.

The 49ers seemed in control for most of that game, then that punt and fumble, chiefs score and the script is suddenly flipped. 49ers hit back, but the Chiefs had life from that point.

Not sure why the commentators were surprised the 49ers elected to receive the ball in OT, their defense was gassed. Last thing they wanted was to put the straight back out there.
Another note, im OT when MVS caught about a 5 yard pass and somehow went about 9 yards backwards to make it 2nd and 14, I thought, yep, that seems an appropriate way for the Chiefs to lose. Of course Mahome's came up big and stole the game anyway.

Final note, I'm sure Microsoft were thrilled the commentators confused the Surface for an Ipad. Apart from that the Commentators weren't too bad once they forgot they had to dumb the game down for us stupid Aussies and just focused on calling the game.

Final prediction for next year, Taylor Swift to do the half time show. if that happens I'll turn the volume down and blast Cattle Decapitation or something. See what feels good in a years time anyway.

Eelectrica

Referee
Mahomes is no where near Brady.

And as a patriot.hater I will happily admit it.

Brady won 6 plus another 1 at Tampa.

Until Mahmoes wins 7 it's not a debate. No matter the shit he was throwing at this season.
Nah, I'd take Mahomes. Brady figured out how to exploit the cap. Where Brady was smart is that he didn't get paid as much as he could have, other players followed that lead and played for less also played for less. Having an extra marquee player makes a huge difference in the salary cap era.
Bucs in Brady's first year were going no where, they bring in Gronk and suddenly it all clicks. Bucs had a great defense that year and crushed the Chiefs in that game. Gonna be interesting to see how Mahomes goes when Kelce calls it a day.

That Mahomes chewing up so much of the cap and still winning despite a less than stellar offensive cast is phenomenal. Chiefs defense has been stellar this season though.

T-Boon

Coach
I went to college with Mahomes at Texas Tech. We were actually both walk on QBs in the same class and the staff had me ahead of him on the depth chart until I just straight up lost interest in football and took up lacrosse. The rest is history.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Kansas City has never been a tourist hotspot when you think of going to the States its not really a place you think lets go there.

Will the Chiefs creating a dynasty make it one.

Especially as the bandwagoners hop on the Patrick Mahomes Train over the next 5-10 years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just finished watching. What a game. Congrats to the Chiefs fan(s) on here and commiserations to the 49er fans. I can't imagine what that loss must have felt like to lose. Probablly about the same as the parra GF loss to the Storm I suppose. A game that seemed like the win would come, only for it to slip away.
Tbh i think I would rather get flogged like we did against Penrith and know its over after 10 mins then lose in Extra time after having the lead and opportunities to win it.

I have seen enough GF heartbreak i don't need an extra time loss to add to it. Knowing our luck it will probably happen one day.

With the Dolphins ill just be happy to see a playoff win at this point - Superbowl appearance still seems like a pipe dream as no matter how well they are travelling they will let us down at some point.

King-Gutho94

Coach
f**k me. My 3 teams the Eels, 49ers, and Phoenix Suns have all lost multiple championships in the last 30 years for zero wins. Sport hates me.
Parramatta, Miami Dolphins & Fulham for me have won SFA in my life. I am still wondering if i will see any success from those 3.

Parramatta has the most recent premiership which says a lot. Dolphins last won in 1973.

Fulham wont be winning anything bar a F.A or League cup miracle.

I do support the Miami Heat in the NBA and they have won a few titles with Lebron but i am not a hardcore NBA fan like i follow other sports that it didn't sink in enough.

jk13

First Grade
it is hard to hate mahommes which makes it slightly easier, his entourage on the other hand......
At least i lived the 80's with joe montana and the eels, i understand dynasties and their joy

TheParraboy

Staff member
Super Bowl cruise was cool yesterday. Food was meh, free grog to your seat , in our case we were on one of the lounges, had a tv to ourselves . Two blokes next to us , kept ordering /asking for 4 Barcardi and cokes like every 10-15min, they got plastered, they were Chiefs fans.

Justin Horo was there as MC or the bloke who spoke on the mic a bit..
Willie Mason and Josh Reynolds were there too. Spoke to Josh, seems to think Manly will be the dark horse. And thinks Dogs will go nowhere again , not enough big men

Game was good , that first touch down was brilliant . 49ers had the game but let it slip I thought, Credit to Chiefs , a champion team for sure , bloody ads did my head in though.

T-Boon

Coach
Super Bowl cruise was cool yesterday. Food was meh, free grog to your seat , in our case we were on one of the lounges, had a tv to ourselves . Two blokes next to us , kept ordering /asking for 4 Barcardi and cokes like every 10-15min, they got plastered, they were Chiefs fans.

Justin Horo was there as MC or the bloke who spoke on the mic a bit..
Willie Mason and Josh Reynolds were there too. Spoke to Josh, seems to think Manly will be the dark horse. And thinks Dogs will go nowhere again , not enough big men

Game was good , that first touch down was brilliant . 49ers had the game but let it slip I thought, Credit to Chiefs , a champion team for sure , bloody ads did my head in though.
That’s some drop kick ex NRL players you had to cruise with.