What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Williams seriously that guy looks like a professional sprinter.

His knee lift, drive and speed is nuts

Latu just more and more looks like a 10 year plus NRL player and also surrounded by some seriously talented players.

We have an amazing cross roads in picking the talent to keep and not have our bones from both SG Ball teams stripped of the meat.

Lets be honest there is probably total 15 plus players minimum (in both teams of SG BALL) that could make FG at some stage in their career. It has been a fantastic collection of talent last couple years.

Well done and a massive wave of talent to pop pressure on our top30

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Williams seriously that guy looks like a professional sprinter.

His knee lift, drive and speed is nuts

Latu just more and more looks like a 10 year plus NRL player and also surrounded by some seriously talented players.

We have an amazing cross roads in picking the talent to keep and not have our bones from both SG Ball teams stripped of the meat.

Lets be honest there is probably total 15 plus players minimum (in both teams of SG BALL) that could make FG at some stage in their career. It has been a fantastic collection of talent last couple years.

Well done and a massive wave of talent to pop pressure on our top30

I've been thinking about motivation for the boys as things get inevitably tough this year. Why would they keep putting in on losing streak and injury runs when you are just outclassed and you know it.

It's absolutely pressure for a spot going forward.

I mean, if you get dropped from this Dragons side, your NRL days are basically over.

Great crop of kids. Wish they were two years older. But yeah, it's a great crop.

TheRev

First Grade
Imagine if Peckham Harris wasnt 5 foot 6

he is a little fox terrier that slices open backlines

Not as amazing as Dufty in attack but still dangerous
I mean I'm 5'6, I didn't realise the kid was that tall!!

But in all seriousness, we are going to have to pick some kids to focus on.. and in terms of fullback, I dont know anything about Borg (the steelers #1) or Pring (JF fullback), but in my mind our fullbacks for 2024 will be:

o Jersey Flegg: T.P.Harris.. I think hes too good not to persist with.. but its a big call.. this is a really valuable jersey, but man you cant coach that tenacity.. and he will be such a cult hero.. dunno if he can leap? Assume he can as a fullback..
o NSW Cup: Benjamin Rumble.. I think he needs to be fast-tracked (Sloan on the wing if he's playing cup)
o 1st Grade: NFI.. Sloan or Lomax.. there are no other options..

Problem is we don't have anyone remotely ready to put pressure on 1st grade.. our current generation guys were Ramsey and Stewart.. neither is available anymore.. and Rumble/TPH are so far away.. I honestly think we will end up going to market if Sloan doesnt work out in the next month or 2.. Rumble/TPH need 2yrs atleast....

Rod Coil

Juniors
They'll go hard mate.

Bit of a renaissance on the horizon and you're playing against your mates for a spot.

Best of the best fighting it out. It's the way it should have always worked, but of course we're all experts in hindsight.

What matters is that it works now.

Shows me the problems definitely aren't football related. There's some foundation there the pathways are building from.

I think both Millward and Stanley deserve a pat on the back.

Issues have been far above them. Flanno with Webb on his side is the bridge.
I feel that Willie Talau needs a mention for the St.George SG Ball side. I’ve met him a few times & he always speaks sense - direct & passionate. He is very well respected by his kids. That higher level of professionalism is paying off.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I feel that Willie Talau needs a mention for the St.George SG Ball side. I’ve met him a few times & he always speaks sense - direct & passionate. He is very well respected by his kids. That higher level of professionalism is paying off.

He was a top line player in a very good dogs era.

That's great to hear.

TheRev

First Grade
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight with him
Like the bunnies headgear who is tiny it’s all about commitment
I agree, but if the club is weighing up between 2 rly promising options, and 1 has physical size.. Its not an easy call.. In this case I think TPH is so impressive that he will get the JF gig..

Grey is smallish , but he is a little bit nuggety.. Hes actually only 19yrs old.. damn, and only contracted for this year.. which means clubs can negotiate with him now... But he looks rly happy there... Esp now taafe is removed from in front of him.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
I agree, but if the club is weighing up between 2 rly promising options, and 1 has physical size.. Its not an easy call.. In this case I think TPH is so impressive that he will get the JF gig..
Are you judging that off highlights
He is not even in the squad of players moving up to Flegg.
Rumble will be the Flegg FB

TheRev

First Grade
Are you judging that off highlights
He is not even in the squad of players moving up to Flegg.
Rumble will be the Flegg FB
Highlights plus must be half a dozen game reviews from guys at the SG matches this year raving about what TPH is doing on and off the ball. But he could only move up if Rumble moves to NSW Cup... Do u reckon he is next in line for promotion atleast?

TheRev

First Grade
Don't think anyone posted the SG Highlights for this week:

4m58s - Steelers:
o The Steelers left side is just so stacked, just find King-Togia and give him a few options... they cant defend it.

6m41s - Dragons:
o The Dragons, Williams first try was speed, but TPH ran so far into the line to set it up.. he got absolutely pole-axed.. but it paid off.. Williams 2nd try was a work of art.. kid is killing it.. also noted TPH again late in the game right there supporting his forwards.. which led to his try.. granted he should have had plenty of energy playing in a 60pt thumping, but damn I wish Sloan could do it in 1st rade.. its one thing that would really make use of his speed, and there is no need to break tackles.. just take the offload and run.

Curious what the plans for the Dragons #6 Hammoud are..I imagine King-Togia will have the JF #6 jersey, but curious if they plan to find a jersey for this guy also?

kit66

Bench

4m58s - Steelers:
o The Steelers left side is just so stacked, just find King-Togia and give him a few options... they cant defend it.

6m41s - Dragons:
o The Dragons, Williams first try was speed, but TPH ran so far into the line to set it up.. he got absolutely pole-axed.. but it paid off.. Williams 2nd try was a work of art.. kid is killing it.. also noted TPH again late in the game right there supporting his forwards.. which led to his try.. granted he should have had plenty of energy playing in a 60pt thumping, but damn I wish Sloan could do it in 1st rade.. its one thing that would really make use of his speed, and there is no need to break tackles.. just take the offload and run.

Curious what the plans for the Dragons #6 Hammoud are..I imagine King-Togia will have the JF #6 jersey, but curious if they plan to find a jersey for this guy also?

That Dragons Number 5 has got the Forrest Gump running style down pat, like a freight train.

justadragon

Bench
We better have our act together with contracts for the next couple of years. Will be prime pickings for the next NRL side coming into the comp.

Last edited:

4m58s - Steelers:

6m41s - Dragons:

TPH looks and runs like a dwarf....his littles legs going 100 mph

I like this guys timing at injecting himself into the line as it shows a knowledge of the position. Has the gig at #1 for Flegg '24 so the selectors also like him.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
I thought Rumble had the JF #1 jersey? Unless he is getting a promotion straight away.

Meanwhile Dragons SG Ball is away, Williams in for his first.