What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Canard

Immortal
I read about her before the combine. She’d be an awesome get.

Saints have already signed a Canadian for this years NRLW. Hope we pickup someone else’s they can keep each other from being home sick.?
What sort of salary is on offer at NRLW level?

Enough to move countries?

What sort of salary is on offer at NRLW level?

Enough to move countries?
Mate with all due respect, we all know that NRLW wages are not great.
These men and women going in the combine want/need to test themselves. They are, or want to be, the elite athletes they see themselves as.
It's a mental side that no one on here can comprehend.
If it was only about the money then I doubt any would turn out for it.
Peace.

Coparugby

Juniors

Saints have already signed a Canadian for this years NRLW. Hope we pickup someone else’s they can keep each other from being home sick.?
She seems to be a great player. The Raiders have made a verbal offer and she said she’s keen. Other clubs may swoop in before she signs anything though… but that’s the way of the world.

Canard

Immortal
Depends what she is on now,

Those going to the combine knew the wages and it involved relocation.
What about males? This was the bit that got the most press, you know all the ex college players that were possible options for the NRL to grow its player pool?

Given how fast the women's game is growing, it's actually not struggling for player depth at the moment.

mikail-eagle

Bench
You can save it for when PNG have a team over there

I'm still a Manly Fan so I'm disappointed to have missed out.
And my mates showing off in the background is just rubbing it in.

431335701_2269435093447876_7188649511242348457_n.jpg

kit66

Bench

X League (formerly Lingerie Football League) isn't happening this year (or last year) so there's a lot of female footy players without a gig over there in the USA. Maybe we should get some scouts over there. Not sure the money over here is enough to attract anyone but worth investigating.

Iamback

Coach
What about males? This was the bit that got the most press, you know all the ex college players that were possible options for the NRL to grow its player pool?

Given how fast the women's game is growing, it's actually not struggling for player depth at the moment.

The guys mentioned in an article fit that category. Not sure who got picked up yet

Not really, The NRLW need to fill 7 more teams that is 200 players needed to get that to 17 teams

Harry O

Juniors
If only PR can acknowledge RL the way Americans have. The dingbat puts shit on the sport his freaking country invented, i dont understand him. Anyway RL footy is another level, beyond this planet, I have never come across a game of footy like Rugby League in my life. And today's both games is a great example that next year's event will be sold out coz Americans think our game IS absolutely fkn AWESOME 👌

jim_57

Staff member

I think they backed away from guaranteeing contracts, or that might have been media speculation and the NRL never said it, I can’t remember.

You could be one of the lucky four athletes who will get to travel to Australia for two weeks and train with a professional team.

You will learn from the best coaches and players in the world, while also enjoying the beautiful scenery and culture of Australia. You will have the chance to show off your skills and impress the scouts, who might offer you a contract to play in the NRL or NRLW.

Link

Latest posts