What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R1 v Titans.

thebigredv

First Grade
I am keeping Mike Molo as kilo for kilo this pocket rocket is one of our best off the bench. Limited mins but still put in over 100m. I say back Vili Fifita as he is the future. I think he offers more than Frank Molo.
fair fair.
Long term Frank Molo might be on the chopping block unless he’d want to take a major pay cut. Good player but the value not really there.

always hard to drop players after a performance like that. They all played well.

maestro1

Bench
Madge loves big bodies in backline .. Lomax definitely a big origin chance if he plays like this for the first 10 rounds - plus Lomax a great target man for Clearys pin point kicks in the air..
Lomax playing origin will depend on availability of incumbents and a continuation of last night's form. If Latrell, Turbo, Wighton, Tedesco, etc are all available then he will have to wait for injury or suspension to get an opportunity.

TheRev

First Grade
Injuries are going to keep happening, all those blokes MMolo, Fifita, BMM, Couchmans etc will get some games.. but we have to put our best side forward, this competition is brutal.

Lawrie and Sele are obviously not even close to 100% so Flanno will have to assess them during the week.. with Leilua to fit also, it might be a chance for Flanno to give one of em another week off..

RedVee

First Grade
I liked M.Molo from the bench but he is a similar body shape to Sele who will most likely take his spot once fit. BMM also had some hard runs but RFM will take his bench spot and Luci to the starting side depending on his fitness. I wouldn't mind giving Lawrie another week to rest that injury but i'd imagine he would go into the starting side with jdb to lock. One of Eisenhuth/Mmolo/BMM/Fafita for that last bench spot.

It's tricky to fit them all in after a strong performance last night, Fafita may miss out but will definitely get more time during the season.
I think Eisenhuth to start is a must

Smurf

Juniors
Last night, for the first time in over a decade I genuinely enjoyed watching the Dragons play.
They just ticked all the boxes. Grit, composure, commitment, exciting attack, uncompromising defence.
Big congrats to young Kyle - those comments he made after the game about feeling safe and comfortable for the first time in ages really made me feel for him.
Lomax!! Gee I wasn't convinced about the move to the wing but I can't remember a game where he's had the same impact. Early days but that seems like a masterstroke by coach Flanno.
Honorable mentions to Liddle, both Molos, Eisenhuth (what an astute signing), Sloan, Suli, RFM and Sua.
Remember all those games in 2010 when we went into half time with a slender lead or slightly behind and then we blew teams off the park in the second half? Long way to go but if they play this style of footy all year I'm going to be a happy fan.
My only critique is that I'm not at all sold on Bird at centre. Too many brain farts. Just tuck the ball under your arm and run Jack, stop running across field with the ball in two hands just asking for trouble....

But all in all, that was friggin great to watch. Thanks to Shane Flanagan for restoring pride to the jersey.
Totally agree
Great summary 🌟🌟

qld redvee

Juniors
I liked all the interviews last night where flanno and players were all saying the attack will improve that will be something to look forward to . Love the way flanno played fifita off the bench with limited minutes to ease in . RFM looks the goods and eisenheuth ? is just so professional . and it looks like the players are all on the same page
what a great feeling going into round 2

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
The way we blew 'em off the park after 40 brought joy to this old Dragon tragic's heart. At oranges we were down in most stats but at the siren we had climbed back to the most possession, line breaks, post contact and running mts, tackle busts, offloads and less missed tackles. Our completion rate was an acceptable 32/41, most of those we lost in that horrible last 20 of the f/h.
What was super pleasing was at half time. We still had less missed tackles and more line breaks than the Titans. You could just feel if we could hang onto the ball, we'de go on with it.

mickeylane

Bench
Lomax playing origin will depend on availability of incumbents and a continuation of last night's form. If Latrell, Turbo, Wighton, Tedesco, etc are all available then he will have to wait for injury or suspension to get an opportunity.
He will play wing and none of those mentioned play wing ..To’o and Ado Carr and possibly trbjovic playing for wing spots .. Ado carr out for 4 weeks already

Latest posts