What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 v Dolphins.

TheRev

First Grade
Trust the coach's call on this forwards even if I would do things differently I don't see the whole week at training or even some of the small things that happen on the field. Sele and Fifita will get their turn in good time.
100% I trust that man with my life!! I'll just be curious if the side rolls out 1-17 as it is on paper.. I dont think he plays any games.. as so far in trials etc I think the game day team has been as per program.. but he will have a think during the week im sure.. he has some real options now.

Dragon David

First Grade
GetSmarty always used to do it, but he got pissed off by a few members and now I dont think he even posts anymore, shame really. Dragon David now does it, so thanks DD.
Yes that's how I see things with getsmarty which is very unfortunate and I do hope that he reconsiders being that important cog in the Forum machine and comes back. I am helping out as best as I can so if I miss anything, sorry!

Bit of a strange one with JDB back to 13, and only 1 prop on the bench (that prop being MMolo).. not exactly sure what Flanno has in mind with Leilua and RFM... maybe one is being run as a middle, but I dont love it, I dont quite see what the rotation will be... however who knows maybe Sele will come in late yet.. maybe there is still some tweaks to happen.
I think Eisenhuth will start on the edge and move to the middle when Leilua comes on.

kit66

Bench
Just watching some highlights from Dolphins wins last year. They're really good at spreading the ball from one side of the park to the other very quickly and capitalizing on broken field play - again spreading wide asap for their speedy backs, lots off off-loads. They tore the Warriors a new one in their last game last year and earlier in their vs Sharks game doing exactly that. Nikorima will burn you if you leave the smallest gap, especially around the markers.
We might beat them in the forwards but Bennett will identify our weaknesses out wide eg big guys turning and chasing - Suli, Rav, Bird - with both Suli and Rav capable of missing tackles or just not getting there.
I think our defensive line/structure is a lot more solid this year, with no players running in a la Feagai/Rav last year and leaving a saloon passage for the opposition out wide.
Kick to the corners and dominate from there. Long drop outs, make their big old guys cover lots of ground. Don't do them any favours with short drop outs.

TheRev

First Grade
They have us in the middles, especially if you look at the quality of the bench, and they have a few real speed men, who if they get thru will run the length.. I still have nightmares about Averillo's last game against us...

But.. it is what it is.. all the teams r very good.. Bennett is the scariest part of their team!

I am unsure whether the Dolphins can play that bad twice in a row.

so many wrong decisions by their best players.

if we can reduce our own errors and defend the way we did against the Titans, we will be in every game this season.

Worried about Jack Bird being isolated in defence

let’s hope the defensive system masks any individual defensive issues.

expect a close game

Looking forward to another Saints win !!!

justadragon

Bench
We cant expect to have it as easy as the Titans every week, yes I cheer when other teams are missing players but is that really helpful to our cause. We want to be put to the test under all conditions against the best and see how we stack up, I want to see our defence under pressure and then come back with good attack, there is only one way to gain that belief, close tight game but we get the job done, and if we dont, we need to improve until we do.

Dragon David

First Grade
They have us in the middles, especially if you look at the quality of the bench, and they have a few real speed men, who if they get thru will run the length.. I still have nightmares about Averillo's last game against us...

But.. it is what it is.. all the teams r very good.. Bennett is the scariest part of their team!
Before reading your post TheRev, I too thought of Averillo and what he did to us the last time he played us. He loves playing against us and I think Bennett knows this.

We cannot rest on a our one game victory laurels, so it is up to Flanno to get our guys more pumped than when we played the Titans.

The worst thing for us is that the Dolphins were thrashed quite convincingly by the Cowboys and they want to put that to bed by winning against us. A tough game is what I am predicting.

Latest posts