What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Realist

Juniors
Sure but getting a quick pay day might not actually good for his long term financial situation. A quick peak and equally quick drop at a bad club has happened to so many.

Exactly the point I was making pages ago. He'd maintain or drive his value up staying with us assuming we are still successful (Top 4 Finish, Preliminary finals). He can get a very good contract 2028+

Or he can flounder at a shitty club, lose form/motivation and get jack shit nothing from 2028+

The Realist

Juniors
May’s days numbered?

There’s plenty of rumours doing the rounds that Taylan May could leave the club at the end of the season, contradicting other reports that a new deal was close.

And just quietly, there’s the odd official at Penrith who wouldn’t be overly concerned if he did end up walking. May is unpredictable, and certainly walks to a different beat than most. He’s also a bloody good footballer.

May is represented by Black Money Enterprises, and if he does end up leaving, I reckon there’s a bigger story emerging here about the space being created between Panthers and the agency. Watch this space.

Black Money are trouble.

WestyLife

First Grade
Take the cash while it's on the table. I think anyone saying otherwise is just being a biased fan.

There's merits to both. I'm not attached to him as a player. Stay for 1 - 2 years on 500k get the rep and TPA deals associated with a top 4 club get a financial adviser invest smart while driving up your value on field. Take big contract elsewhere retire in your 30s doing whatever you feel like running your own brand like he said he wants to.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
There's merits to both. I'm not attached to him as a player. Stay for 1 - 2 years on 500k get the rep and TPA deals associated with a top 4 club get a financial adviser invest smart while driving up your value on field. Take big contract elsewhere retire in your 30s doing whatever you feel like running your own brand like he said he wants to.
If I was in my 20s I'd take the bigger pay cheque and live in Bondi over Penrith

The Realist

Juniors
If I was in my 20s I'd take the bigger pay cheque and live in Bondi over Penrith

He says he wants to create inter-generational wealth. Spending big $$$ either buying or renting in Bondi isn't going to help with that goal.

Additionally, he already has a partner and at least 1 child. He isn't looking to party/hook up like most of us would have been in our early 20's if given the opportunity he has.

Munky

Coach
Additionally, he already has a partner and at least 1 child. He isn't looking to party/hook up like most of us would have been in our early 20's if given the opportunity he has.

I don't think having kids has stopped a footballer from living it up.

Api in his late 20s couldn't wait to get in NSW camp.

They're also pretty dumb about it. In the late 90s a first grade player gave his number to a girl from my school. She rang it and he answered incredibly pissed because he was worried his wife may have picked up. The genius gave a home number not mobile.

Iamback

Coach

That is my thinking as to why I think Luai even still with the $ difference, Was better off staying here

Iamback

Coach
He says he wants to create inter-generational wealth. Spending big $$$ either buying or renting in Bondi isn't going to help with that goal.

That is it, you can do more with that here. Especially if that is where he plans to live

WestyLife

First Grade

So would I in my 20s but like the realist said May has a specific goal in mind about generating wealth. I rate his chances better playing for a top team at least in the short term. If roosters offer him something than for sure but a team like dogs or tigers not so much.

That is my thinking as to why I think Luai even still with the $ difference, Was better off staying here

Pretty much though at least Luai stayed until they'd had a run of success and rep footy.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I highly doubt any Roosters pay for accommodation

Munky

Coach
Length of deal is huge in regard to capacity to gain personal financing.

Contractually guaranteed money is worth something.

Potential has little value.

age.s

First Grade
You take the money when you can because one bad injury can severely lessen your value or even outright end your career. Staying at a good club for less money to cash in later is a massive gamble for a young guy. Your value as a footballer is literally a week to week proposition.

Iamback

Coach
You take the money when you can because one bad injury can severely lessen your value or even outright end your career. Staying at a good club for less money to cash in later is a massive gamble for a young guy. Your value as a footballer is literally a week to week proposition.

To an extent true, However who has got generational wealth while playing for the Tigers?