What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Surprising news about May. I thought he was going. Something changed. He had a 3-year offer and now looks like he is settling for a 2- year. Same as Terrell's deal.
Both will be a package deal next time.

I was quite stunned. Very happy for him to stay. Strong, safe and creative. Tiny and Tago both our centres.
I hope and pray that Tito and Kenny stay.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
In my opinion Kenny is a must sign. Tito, as much as I love him, is a luxury. Hopefully we can keep them both.

I totally agree. Kenny is becoming a hard glue that Penrith needs to succeed. Tough as nails, willing to work until the last minute.

I hope and pray Tito chooses to stay. Not sure he will. But hope he chooses success over extra money.

Nice to get this off our back, May can be be as good as he wants to be, I’m glad he is staying.

On reflection It is amazing how a few articles and rumours can hurt players.
A lot of us went from he is awesome to I don’t care if he stays based on not much at all.
Not directing this at you personally but that’s more a reflection of the “sore loser, baby out with the bath water” mentality of some on here.

Some wanted Crichton dropped to reserve grade when he signed with the Bulldogs FFS

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I totally agree. Kenny is becoming a hard glue that Penrith needs to succeed. Tough as nails, willing to work until the last minute.

I hope and pray Tito chooses to stay. Not sure he will. But hope he chooses success over extra money.
Kenny is doing great but I think bums like Soni make him look more important than he actually is. Any solid hooker would look pretty great with us

age.s

First Grade
Purely speculative, but I wonder if the rumblings of the club not wanting to work with BM may have softened how the organisation approached negotiating with us.

It's all well and good to do the best for your clients/your bottom line, but getting barred from working with the current era club strikes me as a very dangerous place for an agency to be. Throw another club or two into that basket and suddenly you're a very unattractive proposition for a player. I wonder if someone high up in the org realised it might be better to play a longer game.

WestyLife

First Grade
Purely speculative, but I wonder if the rumblings of the club not wanting to work with BM may have softened how the organisation approached negotiating with us.

It's all well and good to do the best for your clients/your bottom line, but getting barred from working with the current era club strikes me as a very dangerous place for an agency to be. Throw another club or two into that basket and suddenly you're a very unattractive proposition for a player. I wonder if someone high up in the org realised it might be better to play a longer game.

Even more to this with Panthers development record. An agency would be stupid to miss that opportunity.

I’ve trademarked the hashtag #mitchfororigin2025, but I may have got that wrong; might be 2024 if his rate of improvement continues as it is. It seems Cook is done and Api wasn’t much better round 2; maybe his ageing and impact on form might be more precipitous than I thought would happen.

Robson is a good player but Mitch could jump him, while the Brailey boys are both long term options.

I still think we are looking at 2025; I expect Maguire will go with the old guard this year and get flogged, but Kenny might get a look in for game 3.

In terms of the Panthers, gotta sign him up for 3 years. He’s my favourite Panther; he’s the Steve Rogers of the team who throws himself on the grenade without hesitation.

Munky

Coach
Father time is undefeated, although Cameron Smith did his cheating best to get one up on him.

Wear and tear will catch up with some of the core in next few years.

I imagine outside of Nathan most have signed their last big contract at the Panthers.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
I wonder if Tago ends up in the back row in a few years time?
May's 2 years probably indicates he cashes out next-time.
Unfortunately injuries could be another variable to the backline.
I can see one of the McLean's forcing there way into the side under any of these scenarios.