What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Purely speculative, but I wonder if the rumblings of the club not wanting to work with BM may have softened how the organisation approached negotiating with us.

It's all well and good to do the best for your clients/your bottom line, but getting barred from working with the current era club strikes me as a very dangerous place for an agency to be. Throw another club or two into that basket and suddenly you're a very unattractive proposition for a player. I wonder if someone high up in the org realised it might be better to play a longer game.

I totally agree. I'm sure Penrith's dissatisfaction with BM's dealings have had an impact.. Especially with Penrith being seen as a 'big club' these days.

Father time is undefeated, although Cameron Smith did his cheating best to get one up on him.

Wear and tear will catch up with some of the core in next few years.

I imagine outside of Nathan most have signed their last big contract at the Panthers.
Re: Father Time, the bloke in your avatar is playing the best footy of his life at 29 years old!

MugaB

Coach
Iongi is excellent. Better FB prospect than Tito imo. I hate to say it but im not sure the timing will work out for Iongi with Edwards and he may have to go elsewhere to get his shot at regular FG.
Not really, Dylan can move to centre, when May leaves in '27, surely thats when all brothers sort their respective contracts out.. even if thats still a thing by then, and Iongi will be the FB, thats 2-3 seasons away, if he is wanting FT spot before then, go do a swap deal (harryG @WT) or leave, we'll just produce another, or fill it with Tito, Laurie or just keep Dyl

MugaB

Coach
I doubt his next deal will be a bigger percentage of the cap than his current one though.
He'll end up at prop soon and demand less cash, but still do the same amount of work, Reps (nsw,Aus) and still captain us, fish to move into 13, moses to stay as is

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Why keep Turuva with the McLean boys locked up long term?

Their age, Casey in particular reads the play ok but struggles with contact. He is atleast 18 months from regular NSW Cup play.

Can always more guys to the edge but I doubt we keep them next deal.

May in particular hasn't played in a GF, Once that is ticked off he will take the cash I think

The Realist

Juniors
I don't think having kids has stopped a footballer from living it up.

Api in his late 20s couldn't wait to get in NSW camp.

They're also pretty dumb about it. In the late 90s a first grade player gave his number to a girl from my school. She rang it and he answered incredibly pissed because he was worried his wife may have picked up. The genius gave a home number not mobile.

That a very funny story but Polynesians take their relationships with their significant others more seriously than white people, particularly if their significant other is also from the same community.

Yes, I realise this is a generalisation and you could probably point to multiple exceptions in both cases - but I stand by that statement 'in general'.

The Realist

Juniors
Yeo has a job for life. Surely we can work something out ;-)

Not at any expense though. If he asks for big money (say 1 Million +) we'd have to say to him we've got player X who can do 70-80% of the job you can but at less than half the cost, is young, has an upside and won't be as injury prone.

The Challenge for the club is to have those players ready to go, to use as leverage but also to actually use if those senior 'legends' decide to call our bluff and chase the money.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not at any expense though. If he asks for big money (say 1 Million +) we'd have to say to him we've got player X who can do 70-80% of the job you can but at less than half the cost, is young, has an upside and won't be as injury prone.

The Challenge for the club is to have those players ready to go, to use as leverage but also to actually use if those senior 'legends' decide to call our bluff and chase the money.
I don't think any player exists who can do even 70% of what Yeo does

The Realist

Juniors
I don't think any player exists who can do even 70% of what Yeo does

I love him too buddy. It's my belief that the club has Lindsay Smith in mind to eventually assume the Panthers #13 Jersey. He is the best ball player (aside from Yeo) and off loader of the forwards in our squad, Similar height and build.

Just needs to work on fitness and lateral movement.

Munky

Coach
That a very funny story but Polynesians take their relationships with their significant others more seriously than white people, particularly if their significant other is also from the same community.

Yes, I realise this is a generalisation and you could probably point to multiple exceptions in both cases - but I stand by that statement 'in general'.

Case in point our former hooker.

Blokes are blokes.

The Realist

Juniors
Sione Katoa?
...... the great man

The one and only King Katoa. I liked him but his biggest deficiency was his fitness. When tired he'd jog around and leave holes all around him in and near the ruck. Just not acceptable for a 1st grade hooker especially at a club that is defence first.

murraymob

Coach
Just do what the dogs do offer him a job with the club after footy
We need a beer wench in the eastern grandstand .with his stretch arms I am sure he can bring a few each trip

hindy111

Post Whore
Been told Kenny's extension should be done in the next few weeks. If not sooner.

The club still want to keep Turuva. Still a bit more to do on his contract but there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Why do they want him? How far off are the McLean brothers and where do they rate Alamoti? I just see them all as cheaper options and I assume all would do a very good job.