What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
Quick question. Who is our back up hooker?
I thought it was B.Hands. But he was moved to 5/8 on the weekend. That's very strange. He should be playing in the position he plays in NRL to work on his game and keep structures. This club boggles me.
Probably paving the way for MA

emjaycee

Coach
Well this is pretty shit but fascinating. Does the Colonel get picked?
It sux absolutely but could also be exciting.
Might be forced to blood Sanders which might be enough for him to stay and not take Canberra's offer.
Dylbro gets the chance to really pay us back for last year.
Gutho to 6 and Blaize into 1 where he spent the off-season and first 2 rounds of Reggies.
Lot's of whatif's.

"It's very exciting!!"

yy_cheng

Coach
Might be forced to blood Sanders which might be enough for him to stay and not take Canberra's offer.
Gutho to 6 and Blaize into 1 where he spent the off-season and first 2 rounds of Reggies.
Lot's of whatif's.

"It's very exciting!!"
All with a new retro jersey

Chipmunk

Coach
Leave the forums and not come back leave
No, I'm not leaving the forum. For me it's now just the off season starts in Round 3.

However, annoyingly I had the same feelings after 3 rounds last year, but for different reasons.

It's actually really really upsetting to know our season is done after 3 games again.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow... horrible news on Moses.

At least he gets to rest his groin - which he has been carrying the last couple of weeks

I'd probably go Sanders at half to fill in for now. See if we can jag a few games in the next 10 weeks.
Even if we go 3-6 and get Mitch back in June for the Dogs game, we could finish out 8-4 pretty easily with a favourable draw.

Or maybe Dylan and Gutho go to another level and we go 5-4 until Mitch gets back.

I do really think it needs to be Sanders though. No sense having Matto there or giving Hands the gig. That's not going to do enough overall

eels_fan

First Grade
Moses has previously recovered quickly and returned early.

if there was a 6-8 week period to lose him, it is now.

I reckon Dylan shifts to 7 and Hands plays 6 (or who cares which number is on their back). Hands controls, Dylan runs.

On current form our toughest game in the next 6 weeks is Cowboys. It’s at Commbank and I still think they are a little untested. They beat a poor Newcastle team by 1 and smacked 2 teams expected to be bottom 4.

I reckon we still win 3 of the next 5 minimum, and then the bye.

Moses back by magic Round

Angry_eel

First Grade
Moses has previously recovered quickly and returned early.

if there was a 6-8 week period to lose him, it is now.

I reckon Dylan shifts to 7 and Hands plays 6 (or who cares which number is on their back). Hands controls, Dylan runs.

On current form our toughest game in the next 6 weeks is Cowboys. It’s at Commbank and I still think they are a little untested. They beat a poor Newcastle team by 1 and smacked 2 teams expected to be bottom 4.

I reckon we still win 3 of the next 5 minimum, and then the bye.

Moses back by magic Round
Why not Sanders or Asi in 6/7? Why Hands over genuine halves?

Lot's of whatif's.

"It's very exciting!!"
Talagi was woeful at fullback in the trials. He would get absolutely hammered at fullback. Leave him in the 3/4 and blood Sanders. As you said. It might convince him to stay

eels_fan

First Grade
It might convince him to stay
I don’t think anything is convincing him to say with the raiders dollars on offer. We’d be stupid to even try to compete financially given the long term deals Mitch and Dyl have.

only way playing him the next 8 weeks makes him stay is if he’s that shit the raiders go completely cold on him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, a mutual option can be structured many ways. People are assuming that mutual options now look like the model that Josh Hodgson had with a higher / lower consideration. That is one form, however I would say that the most common mutual option is where both parties need to agree for there to be a desire to extend. Indeed if you look at the NRL chunk below, it kinda infers that.

View attachment 85634
Isn’t that just how a normal extension would work?

Latest posts