What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
The Dolphins are offering tickets for $20.23 each this weekend. Good idea given the rubbish weather forecast.
Good to see the club trying something though. Can already see on Ticketek some movement in both categories as well, which is positive.

Such a shame that it's meant to be so wet on Friday in NSW. Newcastle has had such great pre-sales, even over the past few days with the weather prediction.

yakstorm

First Grade
I'm just happy to see clubs try and do something to help build a crowd. Gold Bays at Suncorp have very few seats left, and there has been some movement in Silver.

Anything that helps salvage this weekend's crowds is welcomed. On the plus side, 0% chance of rain in Melbourne tonight.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Storm need to reduce cost of their main stand seats. $85 adult $40 kids plus booking fee is way too much and the reason behind the sticks ($40) is always full and the main stand is always empty.

Canard

Immortal
Storm need to reduce cost of their main stand seats. $85 adult $40 kids plus booking fee is way too much and the reason behind the sticks ($40) is always full and the main stand is always empty.
Anyone who lives in Melbourne soon learns that you just buy the cheapest seats and just go in sit in the best ones after kick off.

This works for basically every game bar the odd big event.

I honest think the behind the goals is a cultural thing with Melbourne people, who deem those seats to be good with their other code.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone who lives in Melbourne soon learns that you just buy the cheapest seats and just go in sit in the best ones after kick off.

This works for basically every game bar the odd big event.

I honest think the behind the goals is a cultural thing with Melbourne people, who deem those seats to be good with their other code.
Weirdly at AAMI I reckon they are better seats anyway! Better roof protection in the rain and the view is excellent. Its also where the more vocal fans are so is a better atmosphere in the ends.

yobbo84

First Grade
One thing that has always frustrated me about these weather scenarios...

Souths play out of an 83,000 seater. There will be lucky to be 15,000 there. My season ticket seasons are not undercover.

Now, we already know it's going to be wet on Saturday. Like, really wet.

How about they announce now that Level 4 is open as GA for ALL season ticket holders, on a first come, first served basis. Wouldn't that be a better option?

I know I could move to GA in the lower bowl - but those seats are about the worst in the entire NRL. Not worth the trip in the rain.

EDIT - exact same scenario tomorrow for the Dogs too, in even wetter weather.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
40 for kids is insane IMO and seems very short sighted when it comes to building a future fan base.

APPSY

Juniors
If storm get 20k+ tonight, would that be a record for a consecutive amount of Thursday night footy games getting 20k+?

bazza

Immortal
Teams should introduce a Thursday night NRL ticket rate in order to boost crowds.
yes - think NRL should subsidise cheap tickets for games in poor timeslots. Now that we don't have monday that is probably Thursday and Sunday night (maybe the early Friday game)

Each team could get 5000 tickets for sale at say $5 with the NRL giving the club $10 for each ticket sold.

shewi6

Juniors
Rd 5 predictions:

Storm v bronx - 20.5k
Dogs v cox - 12.5k to 17.5k pending weather
Knights v dragons - 17.5k to 25k pending weather
Souths v wahs - 10k to 15k pending weather
Manly v penrith - 10k to 17k pending weather
Dolphins v tigers - 12.5k to 25k pending storms
Cowboys v tits - 12.5k to 20k pending storms
Raiders v eels - 10k to 17.5k pending rain

Total - 105.5k to 157.5k
Average - 13 187 to 19 697

Unfortunately storms and flooding will likely effect most games and put off people going even if they aren't completely rained out.

I think we could have broken the 20k average this round again if the week was dry.