What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Bring back CR asap to fullback sloan released
Cody may not ever be back mate as much as it hurts to say. With every last fiber of my being, however, I want to be wrong and I want Cody to come back fitter than ever and become the best player he can. He just seems like a great bloke and I want the best for him, as I would for any person pursuing their passion

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Unfortunately Ramsey isn't an option.. Building his body size back up and the elite fitness for an nrl fullback would be surely impossible.. If he can just be healthy enough to live a relatively normal life.. That would be a big win... Its not something we could ever rely on anyway.. Tragedy for sure, love this kids heart and work ethic.

Dragon David

First Grade
Cody may not ever be back mate as much as it hurts to say. With every last fiber of my being, however, I want to be wrong and I want Cody to come back fitter than ever and become the best player he can. He just seems like a great bloke and I want the best for him, as I would for any person pursuing their passion
Unfortunately Ramsey isn't an option.. Building his body size back up and the elite fitness for an nrl fullback would be surely impossible.. If he can just be healthy enough to live a relatively normal life.. That would be a big win... Its not something we could ever rely on anyway.. Tragedy for sure, love this kids heart and work ethic.
It is a real tragedy for sure that Cody has been hit with this ulcerative colitis illness. I too have concerns that he will not be able to come back and play league in the NRL again.

He did well for us in 2022 but the illness hit him pretty badly at the end of that year and he needed to be hospitalised and have several surgery procedures performed in 2023 to help him to overcome the illness. A fit and injury free Ramsey might have helped us to win more games in 2023 and under Flanno, he would have been the full back and Sloan not really in the picture.

backing sloan to have a huge game on sunday, yet I'm sure irrespective of how well he does, if he misses a tackle we will never hear the end of it from some
It's quite likely that he will have a huge game. Huge games aren't his problem. He has them often enough. He needs to eliminate the poor games.

It's OK for him to make mistakes. I won't complain because he misses a tackle or drops a ball. If, however, he does not attempt a tackle or does not attempt to get on a loose ball, I might point it out.

Sloan wasn't the reason we lost to the knights. Our lack of adaptivity and variety in the attacking zone was the major weakness. The job of our most experienced and highest payed player.

Not happy that Sloan was singled out.
He was one of the reasons. The halves were responsible for us losing the arm wrestle. Sloan was responsible for losing key moments that cost us on the scoreboard. Making mistakes while being committed to doing your job is OK. Not being committed to doing your job is not OK.

The cond
He was one of the reasons. The halves were responsible for us losing the arm wrestle. Sloan was responsible for losing key moments that cost us on the scoreboard. Making mistakes while being committed to doing your job is OK. Not being committed to doing your job is not OK.
Ponga also would have had a terrible night if we had played to the conditions with kicks. He owes Hunt a case of xxxx for making his night so easy.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Sloan wasn't the reason we lost to the knights. Our lack of adaptivity and variety in the attacking zone was the major weakness. The job of our most experienced and highest payed player.

Completely agree.

Please find me another young inexperienced fullback that just happens to do so well in the wet.

Not only is it frustrating to hear it from the coach, but to hear how some people on hear harp on about him being a reserve grade fullback, nothing more... Thank god some of you aren't coaching the team. I know that we are all entitled to our opinions and that is fine, but if Wayne Bennett thought he was good enough to lure, he's good enough. If Billy slater thinks he's good enough he's probably bloody good enough.

since77

Juniors

Agree. An abysmal game plan in wet conditions, non existent game management by our "marquee" halfback and poor ball security were all far greater contributing factors to the loss. As a matter of fact fix all 3 of the above and I think we win that game.

Victoire

Juniors
Yep I agree with this. The team is often guilty this season of an overly attacking mindset - something not typical of Flanagan teams really. Against Manly they almost threw the game away by being too free-wheeling with the ball and in those wet conditions it was instant suicide. It's good to be confident but patience is just as important

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
It's quite likely that he will have a huge game. Huge games aren't his problem. He has them often enough. He needs to eliminate the poor games.

It's OK for him to make mistakes. I won't complain because he misses a tackle or drops a ball. If, however, he does not attempt a tackle or does not attempt to get on a loose ball, I might point it out.
Fair enough mate. I agree with you - he definitely needs to eliminate the poor games. However, you know as well as I do that it's a minority who are as rational about this topic as we are being

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Fair enough mate. I agree with you - he definitely needs to eliminate the poor games. However, you know as well as I do that it's a minority who are as rational about this topic as we are being
Yeah some people love a scapegoat. I understand it though. As fans you always tend to look for excuses as to why your team isn't performing and sometimes it's just easier to take your frustrations out on one player than to acknowledge that your entire playing squad isn't up to standard

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Well said, this is the issue with Sloan, it's not the mistake, it's the commitment..

Latest posts