What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

Dragon David

First Grade
This game will certainly test our metal and resilience. The Roosters will be wanting to bounce back after their loss against the Storm.

Our players know that if they believe in themselves they will be hard to beat. Keep up the good work boys and show your fighting spirit because a win on Anzac Day will get the Dragons closer to the top 4.

TheRev

First Grade
Tonights win was so important.. otherwise its a loss into an emotionally and physically draining Anzac game.. into a Sharks game.. but now fans and players are relaxed.. the pressure is off.. and we are feeling some confidence in our attack and defence..

I am now looking forward to this game.. previously I was not.. the Roosters very much deserve to be clear favourites, but maybe we can rattle them like we did the Warriors.. we just need to endure that JWH/Collins battering.. and hopefully return serve.. we are a different team when we actually get our own momentum.. Sulis try tonight.. it was the first time I think ive seen the bloke with a little room to move close to the tryline.. thats what we are striving to achieve... put our power runners in a position to break a 1on1 tackle.

Tonights win was so important.. otherwise its a loss into an emotionally and physically draining Anzac game.. into a Sharks game.. but now fans and players are relaxed.. the pressure is off.. and we are feeling some confidence in our attack and defence..

I am now looking forward to this game.. previously I was not.. the Roosters very much deserve to be clear favourites, but maybe we can rattle them like we did the Warriors.. we just need to endure that JWH/Collins battering.. and hopefully return serve.. we are a different team when we actually get our own momentum.. Sulis try tonight.. it was the first time I think ive seen the bloke with a little room to move close to the tryline.. thats what we are striving to achieve... put our power runners in a position to break a 1on1 tackle.
We were good in both games against Easts last year. Both were high quality games, although we let some shitty tries in. I think Easts started welll this year but are starting to look tired. Perhaps Vegas is catching up with them?

jeffdragon

Bench
I've been to Kogarah and we lost.
Was going to Gong V Manly and Tigers game but didn't.
Won those 2.
I might go but I'm thinking i better not and keep the streak of winning going.
As long as we put in a good effort like I said v Wahs who knows.
Maybe a Radley or JWH sin bin and things change in a game.

Illusion

Bench
We were good in both games against Easts last year. Both were high quality games, although we let some shitty tries in. I think Easts started welll this year but are starting to look tired. Perhaps Vegas is catching up with them?
We are a chance , if we play like they did yesterday ........ Easts to me are a bunch of show pony's they are good while everything is going their way , so the more our lot Hussle and Bustle then we are in this ........

My favourite Anzac Day clash was 2005

I’m staying in a caravan park on the Clarence River (Grafton)

Dragons had a crap start to the season and we were the underdogs.

Swimming in insect repellent, beer in hand, on a rickety old camp chair next to the car radio tuned in to ABC, I entertained (or pissed off) the residents with my antics and cheering. Despite being messy it was an entertaining see-sawing game which we looked destined to lose.

A late try to Cooper saw an even score board with a Head sideline conversion to put us in front with a few minutes to go. As I waited on the kick I lent way back on the camp chair, it gave way as the conversion was called leaving me flat on my back cheering.

Memories of that game have always given me hope for every Anzac Day clash. Combine that with last night's performance and next Thursday can't come quick enough.

Go the Dragons

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We are a chance , if we play like they did yesterday ........ Easts to me are a bunch of show pony's they are good while everything is going their way , so the more our lot Hussle and Bustle then we are in this ........
Yes they are a team that very much rely on everything going their way.....if we hunt (excuse the pun) in packs in our defence and give it to them hard and often they are beatable.....key to Anzac Day is stick to the game plan, complete our sets and support the ball carrier.....sure defence is paramount but we need some flair in attack as well...we have enough players now to add variety on the edges and a hooker(s) to keep pinching cheap metres up the guts......if you look at the Roosters they love to dictate the game from the whistle, it's up to us to do likewise.......besides the pleasure of winning theres nothing better than seeing the look on Mr Squeaky clean Robinson's face at full time after a loss

Illusion

Bench
The biggest problem for me is which side will turn up ? If it's last week's team then we are in with a big chance , old mate I have a feeling it's going to be 3 in a row ......
Yes they are a team that very much rely on everything going their way.....if we hunt (excuse the pun) in packs in our defence and give it to them hard and often they are beatable.....key to Anzac Day is stick to the game plan, complete our sets and support the ball carrier.....sure defence is paramount but we need some flair in attack as well...we have enough players now to add variety on the edges and a hooker(s) to keep pinching cheap metres up the guts......if you look at the Roosters they love to dictate the game from the whistle, it's up to us to do likewise.......besides the pleasure of winning theres nothing better than seeing the look on Mr Squeaky clean Robinson's face at full time after a loss

Latest posts