What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

Dragon David

First Grade
We may have to find some alternatives to the high bomb with our kicking game because as you say they are very good in the air on both sides of the field and at the back.
Keary and Walker will be testing us with their kicks as well. Didn't Suli run almost the length of the field when Carr became the interim coach and we played the Roosters in May 2023. Keary kicked a bomb and Suli took it cleanly and outran the Roosters' chasers to score. It was touch and go as to who was going to win that game as the Roosters hit the lead with about 4 minutes left but Sloan kicked that beauty cross field kick for Matt Feagaii to catch and score behind the posts and we won 24-22. What a great game that was. Suli had some pace once he got in the clear so while they could be good at diffusing our high kicks we aren't too bad ourselves when you throw in Lomax's many takes so far this year.

Runner

Juniors
Keary and Walker will be testing us with their kicks as well. Didn't Suli run almost the length of the field when Carr became the interim coach and we played the Roosters in May 2023. Keary kicked a bomb and Suli took it cleanly and outran the Roosters' chasers to score. It was touch and go as to who was going to win that game as the Roosters hit the lead with about 4 minutes left but Sloan kicked that beauty cross field kick for Matt Feagaii to catch and score behind the posts and we won 24-22. What a great game that was. Suli had some pace once he got in the clear so while they could be good at diffusing our high kicks we aren't too bad ourselves when you throw in Lomax's many takes so far this year.

Yes last year's match was really enjoyable.

For the Anzac Day match I just remembered Dom Young will be back so Sualii will likely move to the centres. That makes their height pretty imposing across the 3/4 line. Not sure which side Sualii / Manu will play.

I just think we might need some variation as the Roosters appear better than most to counter the high kick. I am not suggesting to dump it altogether, just that we should mix it up a bit.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes last year's match was really enjoyable.

For the Anzac Day match I just remembered Dom Young will be back so Sualii will likely move to the centres. That makes their height pretty imposing across the 3/4 line. Not sure which side Sualii / Manu will play.

I just think we might need some variation as the Roosters appear better than most to counter the high kick. I am not suggesting to dump it altogether, just that we should mix it up a bit.
Yes I agree Runner. I think we should play more ad lib footy on Thursday just to make it more interesting and entertaining for the full house at Allianz Stadium.

maestro1

Bench
He wasn't even downtown. I'm amazed how someone was was at dummy half could be in front of the play of the ball.
Check from 1 hour and 1 minute into the video on the match replay on nrl.com.
He was in front of Hunt when he kicked it though, so maybe the dickheads at Fox got it wrong or maybe its another stupid rule that I don't understand
*edit* I just checked again and yeah it's correct but you'd have to be watching like a hawk to notice it

They were watching like hawks to find a reason to give the Warriors many chances at a come back. But our resolve meant we weren't going to be beaten. However, you shouldn't have to factor the officials in as a hurdle to our quest. They are overstepping their role. Theirs is to officiate, not manage

They were watching like hawks to find a reason to give the Warriors many chances at a come back. But our resolve meant we weren't going to be beaten. However, you shouldn't have to factor the officials in as a hurdle to our quest. They are overstepping their role. Theirs is to officiate, not manage
I still don’t know why more isn’t being said about this dud call. He was the dummy half. How can he be in front of the play the ball if he passed it to the kicker from dummy half?100% they were looking for anything to swing momentum. More impressive that we repelled them despite calls like this.

Runner

Juniors
I still don’t know why more isn’t being said about this dud call. He was the dummy half. How can he be in front of the play the ball if he passed it to the kicker from dummy half?100% they were looking for anything to swing momentum. More impressive that we repelled them despite calls like this.
Isn’t the ruling in front of the kicker? In any case it is a huge turnaround penalty to give - out of proportion to the infraction.

BLM01

First Grade
Isn’t the ruling in front of the kicker? In any case it is a huge turnaround penalty to give - out of proportion to the infraction.
No it is not just that, all of them are in front of the kicker, it is about obstructing players getting back in a defensive position

Any near head shot from players like FMolo and Rav will be treated with instant penalty possible binning. Especially if it is against Teddy the untouchable. No responsibility placed on Teddy who has conveniently developed a well timed lowering of his body at the precise time of contact so his team receives a penalty. Of course Rav or FMolo will receive 2 match suspension from MRC.
I've noticed this too. He's reducing the "target area" for defenders but basically offering up his head in order to draw a penalty.
It's a wonder you don't see him spending more time in HIA, but I suppose old Squid Games doesn't have a lot to lose in the brain department.

maestro1

Bench
Well if Dragons have not got the message yet that they are being watched more closely because obviously we were major contributors to why this rule came in
It happens you know no different to JWH and Radley scrutinised harder than others as repeat offenders

Radley and JWH are scrutinised more because they do the infringements more than most. They should have been more heavily sanctioned in their careers as they both play with a lot of thuggery

Latest posts