What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I’m curious if Panthers are going to receive something back from Warriors at this stage? Surely it can’t all be one way street - they pride themselves in having an entire nation to develop their playing stocks from yet here we are.

I’m sure the powers to be at Panthers know what they’re doing but seems like it’s all losses and no gains through all grades at the moment. They came out hard when Katoa was poached, then Puru and now Jett Cleary. It would be good to understand their strategy moving forward.

Munky

Coach
Our generational halfback is twenty six in a comp where the elite playmakers go until they are thirty five.

It will be incredibly difficult to keep any young ball player in the next five or six years since they'll want to be the main man and get the associated contract.

Our generational halfback is twenty six in a comp where the elite playmakers go until they are thirty five.

It will be incredibly difficult to keep any young ball player in the next five or six years since they'll want to be the main man and get the associated contract.
I’m sure the reserve uno “compassionate grounds” card will be shown at some stage as well. All depends how Cole, Schneider or Laurie go at 6 next year or 2.

MugaB

Coach
And folks got upset that isiah katoa got poached by the dolphins, as long as we keep upgrading the core of this 3 time premiership team, the pathway remains blocked, jett would be mad not to try to get a start somewhere else, luckily our ex assistant coach webby, is quite happily taking what we cannot hold onto, instead of the other vulture clubs, who would end up ruining a young halfbacks career, only have to look at souths and titans to see where halfbacks go to die, he'll come back if only to prove that he is better than his brother, or wating to play under daddy Ivan etc.. the main thing is, clubs like the dogs, dolphins and warriors, have the bulk of our old and young players, they seem to be doing alright with them, tigers do too but you can see the club has a bad stink about it, and the players like staines, naden, blore, peach and laurie all copped the flack when things went south there, some players are just suited to pantherball

Fangs

Coach
I’m curious if Panthers are going to receive something back from Warriors at this stage? Surely it can’t all be one way street - they pride themselves in having an entire nation to develop their playing stocks from yet here we are.

We should always be looking to build relationships with other clubs.

SOO selection is a real problem for many successful clubs. Having Kiwi or pacific island players in our roster is an added bonus. The Warriors have a host of players that fit the description and have a whole country to develop.

MugaB

Coach
We should always be looking to build relationships with other clubs.

SOO selection is a real problem for many successful clubs. Having Kiwi or pacific island players in our roster is an added bonus. The Warriors have a host of players that fit the description and have a whole country to develop.
That and their one of my favorite "other" teams to watch, i hope they do well..... but never against my meow-meows

age.s

First Grade
In what world does the best player in a professional sport playing in a lucrative competition go to an inferior competition earning far less money so he can live with his girlfriend without her having to sacrifice her status in women's soccer?

Sorry, but that shit just doesn't happen and it'd be a travesty if Nathan chose to tarnish his career by doing so.

WestyLife

First Grade
In what world does the best player in a professional sport playing in a lucrative competition go to an inferior competition earning far less money so he can live with his girlfriend without her having to sacrifice her status in women's soccer?

Sorry, but that shit just doesn't happen and it'd be a travesty if Nathan chose to tarnish his career by doing so.

It's not happening lol.