What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD doesn't need another team

Vlad59

Juniors
Yep. Every thread is essentially an argument between two blokes who are essentially their own cliches manifested
If you genuinely believe we should ‘expand’ the reach of the game and its potential player pool arguing we stay in our current markets and grow no further is nonsense. It then becomes a question of where next? I believe it’s Perth. Happy for others to disagree.

Colk

First Grade
If you genuinely believe we should ‘expand’ the reach of the game and its potential player pool arguing we stay in our current markets and grow no further is nonsense. It then becomes a question of where next? I believe it’s Perth. Happy for others to disagree.

Well then if the first paragraph rang true then you would just give up. It’s a bit of a strange way to view the game from a supporter anyway.

I would be happy if it were Perth. I would be happy if it were another NZ team. If PNG could prove it were economically feasible and it could attract players then that would be brilliant as well.

Heck do another QLD side in ten years if you want

Jesus Christ do you own a mirror mate? F*** me tell us again how good Logan is or that Brisbane needs another side or maybe argue with people about places you’ve never been to.

The whole thread is tiresome. We should lock it until actual expansion news comes through.
Tell me again how Feldt has never played representative football, despite playing for Queensland and Australia!

What are the odds of Adelaide and Perth getting a team?

The way the ARLC is set up and the interests of the broadcasters work against Adelaide and Perth.

Dane, Perth Rat and mongoose say there's no point advocating for locations that have little chance of getting a team.

Using their logic that rules out Adelaide and places a huge question mark over Perth.

It's silly to say "f**k the broadcasters" because they provide the bulk of the game's revenue. They will have a say and influence the final decision, regardless of whether we like it or not.

I see the irony in the suspects who say "f**k the broadcasters" citing them as a reason not to go to PNG.

Wb1234

Referee
What are the odds of Adelaide and Perth getting a team?

The way the ARLC is set up and the interests of the broadcasters work against Adelaide and Perth.

Dane, Perth Rat and mongoose say there's no point advocating for locations that have little chance of getting a team.

Using their logic that rules out Adelaide and places a huge question mark over Perth.

It's silly to say "f**k the broadcasters" because they provide the bulk of the game's revenue. They will have a say and influence the final decision, regardless of whether we like it or not.

I see the irony in the suspects who say "f**k the broadcasters" citing them as a reason not to go to PNG.
Perth trying to compete against a club like penrith Or broncos

it’s a recipe for disaster

no juniors league club and small crowds

Perth trying to compete against a club like penrith Or broncos

it’s a recipe for disaster

no juniors league club and small crowds
Perth will also be competing against the Storm for access to juniors from Queensland, NSW and New Zealand.

The one thing in Perth's favour is lower cost of living. On every other metric it is well behind the other clubs.

Colk

First Grade
Tell me again how Feldt has never played representative football, despite playing for Queensland and Australia!
Haha good one. The Australian 9’s team wasn’t it? Good player Feldt but a winger. The best you could do was pick a winger (who was dropped for Semi Valemei last year btw) as an example of the great production line of North Queensland talent (I even gave you Central Queensland from memory) whilst at the same time s****** on other clubs (including mine) not producing players (like we are living in 1950’s and people don’t naturally move around anyway)

Anyway please argue about places you have never been to again. I need to know how a stadium I have been to and you haven’t is a worse experience than Suncorp.

Colk

First Grade
Sir Jo at his senile best.

Unfortunately you get this on social media. I don’t necessarily think this guy is unintelligent but the problem is most conversations are centred around baiting other people or talking about things they are uninformed about because they google something.

People need to know their limitations. I am not going to argue medicine with a doctor or engineering with an engineer or how to build a house with an architect because I literally don’t know as much that other person. That doesn’t mean that person can’t be wrong (of course not because they are human) but I am not going to assume that I know more than them because I googled it. Same thing as I am not going to talk about every Israeli person or Paleatinian person (or West Australian) because I know a few .

Storm have a history of on field success as a lure
Players want to play for teams that have a chance of winning a premiership.

Dolphins were unable to land a marquee player for this reason. Munster turned them down and re-signed with the Storm for less money because they are still a chance of winning a premiership.

Has it ever occurred to you that you get a tad repetitive ?
Yes, but we're all guilty of it to some degree. There were lengthy discussions on this forum about the importance of Adelaide and Perth long before I created an account. I remember a few people on here saying Perth was ahead of Brisbane 2 in 2020. People only see what they want to see, unfortunately. I admit that I'm just as guilty as everyone else when it comes to brig biased.

Does a person need to live in Adelaide and Perth to know they're rusted on fumbleball markets with limited interest in rugby league?

Does a person need to live in PNG to know it is ravaged by poverty and will struggle to financially support an NRL club?

I doubt most of the people who are against a Port Moresby-based NRL club have ever visited PNG. It doesn't mean they're wrong.