What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD doesn't need another team

Colk

First Grade
Does a person need to live in Adelaide and Perth to know they're rusted on fumbleball markets with limited interest in rugby league?

Does a person need to live in PNG to know it is ravaged by poverty and will struggle to financially support an NRL club?

I doubt most of the people who are against a Port Moresby-based NRL club have ever visited PNG. It doesn't mean they're wrong.

There is a massive difference between perceiving something and experiencing it if that answers your question.

mongoose

Coach
What are the odds of Adelaide and Perth getting a team?

The way the ARLC is set up and the interests of the broadcasters work against Adelaide and Perth.

Dane, Perth Rat and mongoose say there's no point advocating for locations that have little chance of getting a team.

Using their logic that rules out Adelaide and places a huge question mark over Perth.

It's silly to say "f**k the broadcasters" because they provide the bulk of the game's revenue. They will have a say and influence the final decision, regardless of whether we like it or not.

I see the irony in the suspects who say "f**k the broadcasters" citing them as a reason not to go to PNG.
what's the odds of another Brisbane team coming in after the last 2 expansion teams are from SEQLD? We know the Broncos, Titans and Dolphins will all be dead against it. This dickhead thinks some throw away comment by a channel 9 exec is proof Brisbane 3 is next.

Bukowski

Juniors
what's the odds of another Brisbane team coming in after the last 2 expansion teams are from SEQLD? We know the Broncos, Titans and Dolphins will all be dead against it. This dickhead thinks some throw away comment by a channel 9 exec is proof Brisbane 3 is next.
A throw away line to a bunch of pissed, parochial, dumb ass qlders by a bloke with no input in the NRL.
Lock in B3.

1. You don't understand the definition of "throw away comment".

2. Brisbane 3 isn't a certainty of being the next team. However, it's not out of the running altogether. You just don't want it to be the next team so you've projected your biased opinion onto the ARLC and media.

3. For years it was argued there would never be a second Brisbane team due to the Broncos and News Ltd.

How did that projection go?

4. Titans and a dozen other clubs objected to Brisbane 2, yet we still got the Dolphins as the 17th team.

So much for needing support from the Titans to get an NRL licence!

5. You always dismiss any comment from media executives and the ARLC that don't support your opinions on Adelaide and Perth as "throw away". You said the same thing when it was revealed that Brisbane would get the 17th licence unless Twiggy Forrest was involved in a Perth bid.

At one stage you claimed there was a conspiracy between Ch9, Foxtel, NRL and ARU to not put an NRL team in Perth so the Force would have "space". I think you need help.

Last edited:
Another thing Brisbane isn't comparable to Adelaide or Perth. While League is easily the number 1 game here, people don't live and breath it the same way they do AFL in those southern capitals . Brisbane has the Lions and Reds who have solid support and are part of sporting landscape in Brisbane. Those two southern capitals don't have anything except AFL. AFL is given free air every single night. I would say those cities were absolutely begging for 2nd AFL teams before they entered, Brisbane is trickier as the collective attention is split up a lot more.

You've changed your tune over the last five years.

mongoose

Coach
1. You don't understand the definition of "throw away comment".

2. Brisbane 3 isn't a certainty of being the next team. However, it's not out of the running altogether. You just don't want it to be the next team so you've projected your biased opinion onto the ARLC and media.

3. For years it was argued there would never be a second Brisbane team due to the Broncos and News Ltd.

How did that projection go?

4. Titans and a dozen other clubs objected to Brisbane 2, yet we still got the Dolphins as the 17th team.

So much for needing support from the Titans to get an NRL licence!

5. You always dismiss any comment from media executives and the ARLC that don't support your opinions on Adelaide and Perth as "throw away". You said the same thing when it was revealed that Brisbane would get the 17th licence unless Twiggy Forrest was involved in a Perth bid.

At one stage you claimed there was a conspiracy between Ch9, Foxtel, NRL and ARU to not put an NRL team in Perth so the Force would have "space". I think you need help.
this crap again lol everyone knew Brisbane 2 would be team 17. Show us the evidence of anyone saying Brisbane were no chance of getting a 2nd team?

Canard

Immortal
this crap again lol everyone knew Brisbane 2 would be team 17. Show us the evidence of anyone saying Brisbane were no chance of getting a 2nd team?
In fact it was even more than that, Bri2 was so nailed on that the only debate was which bid would be awarded the franchise.

This "everyone was against Bri2" is just pure fantasy.

Look back at the earlier pages in this thread.

I recall Perth Rat stating Perth would get a team ahead of Brisbane 2 back in 2020. He was probably trolling, but he still said it.

The media continuously promoted Perth as a chance of landing the 17th licence. One stupid journalist asked V'landys if Perth would get the 17th licence. He responded by saying "no money will be wasted on rusted on AFL states". Perth Rat and Peter Cumins threw a tantrum.

Wb1234

Referee
Look back at the earlier pages in this thread.

I recall Perth Rat stating Perth would get a team ahead of Brisbane 2 back in 2020. He was probably trolling, but he still said it.

The media continuously promoted Perth as a chance of landing the 17th licence. One stupid journalist asked V'landys if Perth would get the 17th licence. He responded by saying "no money will be wasted on rusted on AFL states". Perth Rat and Peter Cumins threw a tantrum.
Not just Perth red all of them

they wanted Perth

Brisbane already had a team lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sigh. Brisbane 2 was always a no brainer at some point in time and low hanging fruit for a conservative NRL. I advocated for true expansion over yet more consolidation, and continue to do so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So donkey was right about you (and others)
No he is saying we said it wouldnt happen. What we actually said is maybe it should wait.

Just the same way I feel about Brisbane3. Sure a leagues club funded Tigers will be fine I'm sure, but is it what the game needs? Is it a priority for the future of the game? Is it time we grew up and took our great game to areas currently starved of it?
Thats why I dont want to see Brisbane3, not because I think it would be a failure or wouldnt work. Also it would be sensible to see how the Dolphins are travelling in a few years before we add another competitor for fans and sponsors into that market. All new clubs have a sweet opening years, its a few years after that the pain tends to kick in.

Wb1234

Referee
No he is saying we said it wouldnt happen. What we actually said is maybe it should wait.

Just the same way I feel about Brisbane3. Sure a leagues club funded Tigers will be fine I'm sure, but is it what the game needs? Is it a priority for the future of the game? Is it time we grew up and took our great game to areas currently starved of it?
Thats why I dont want to see Brisbane3, not because I think it would be a failure or wouldnt work. Also it would be sensible to see how the Dolphins are travelling in a few years before we add another competitor for fans and sponsors into that market. All new clubs have a sweet opening years, its a few years after that the pain tends to kick in.
That’s just long winded bs

you said which team you thought would be team 17

it wasn’t Brisbane

your mates that said the same thing are all saying now they knew Brisbane 2 was a shoe in

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s just long winded bs

you said which team you thought would be team 17

it wasn’t Brisbane

your mates that said the same thing are all saying now they knew Brisbane 2 was a shoe in
Again, you are wrong. I said which team Id like to be club 17. And it wasnt Brisbane. I know RL well enough to know it was likely to choose a pokie den backed heartland clubs as safe 'expansion'