What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Ok, think Logically, a player gets knockout, how does a player get knockout, a brutal blow to the head, the victim cannot continue for the remaining of game and cannot play for another 2 weeks, however the offender walks away, will continue to play dirty as he has done so for the last 10-15 years of his playing days, will play next weeks and beyond, his club decides to send him off as club legend.
However if the shoe was on the other foot, Suli gets sent off and suspended for 2 weeks for a careless high tackle.
The NRL cleaning up the game is a farcical.
Mate. I’m trying to take off my St George glasses. I was at the pub. I had about 10 schooners. I saw Sua bump Suli into JWH. Maybe JWH did elbow him but like I said…I was under the influence. I didn’t really think JWH actually meant to take him out. But i could be wrong. You on the other hand seem to think JWH did it on purpose. Ok. That’s cool.

2010Dragons

Bench
Didn't watch the game and wont even see the lowlights I'm afraid to say. I checked the score after the game had finished and just shook my head in disgust.

We have lost 4 games and to me this last one was the heaviest but the others were high scores so Dean Young needs to pull up his socks and get the guys to be doubly resilient in defence. I said that defence wins games in the earlier part of the thread so I guess we weren't that much chop defending this afternoon.

Talk about being ambushed in the fight on Anzac Day, we were literally bombed to smithereens.
We were rattled after the Chooks scored their second try.
my dead grandmother with her walking frame would have moved faster than the lazy defence line. Every set they were standing flat on their heels. ZERO LINE SPEED.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We were rattled after the Chooks scored their second try.
my dead grandmother with her walking frame would have moved faster than the lazy defence line. Every set they were standing flat on their heels. ZERO LINE SPEED.
It’s been like that for years. You’d think fixing line speed would be one of the hardest things in the world to fix the way the dragons keep f**king it up.

2010Dragons

Bench
That first few second incident that knocked Suli out, now you can run it frame by frame and I can say it was a raised elbow to the chin. Let's what NRL judiciary does about it.

View attachment 87131

source: https://www.theroar.com.au/rugby-le...c-day-clash-on-the-very-first-tackle-1347170/
I hate JWH with a passion he is and always will be coward dog. But his elbow/forearm doesn’t make contact with suli. It’s his open hand punch directly to sulu head which knocks him out.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I hate JWH with a passion he is and always will be coward dog. But his elbow/forearm doesn’t make contact with suli. It’s his open hand punch directly to sulu head which knocks him out.
Exactly. Who gives a f**k how much of a 'nice guy' he is off the field? Bloke is a deadset careless idiot with no regard for human life, raising forearms and hitting blokes head high and intentionally injuring people on it so he's a dickhead in my book.

mickt

Juniors
Don't be too upset.

It's the same soft underbelly the Dragons had under Nathan Brown until Bennett arrived. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You could see it in the Lomax flick in his 20. They aren't trying to win the hard way.

Games like this make a club. Dragons are on the up. Flanno should act for sure. I'd have Sloan out 100%. He simply isn't interested off the ball.
I sat in section 203 today and especially in the second half watched everything Sloan did!
Every time the roosters were on the charge out wide, he would jog in that general direction for cover defence but never sprint! So about 3-5 tries saw him out of position, not trying to help in a try saving tackle!
Multiple time he got there half a metre too late!
I can’t help but think of the Billy Slaters of the world doing EVERYTHING THEY COULD to stop a try!
And if there were any roosters in the vicinity of a high kick Sloan just stayed the hell out if the way!
He has some huge potential but is going up have to decide what type of career he wants! Matt Duffy style of Billy Slater style!
It DEFINITELY wasn’t all Sloans fault today but man that looked so bad from where I was sitting!
ON BLOODY ANZAC DAY!

Fangs

Coach
I sat in section 203 today and especially in the second half watched everything Sloan did!
Every time the roosters were on the charge out wide, he would jog in that general direction for cover defence but never sprint! So about 3-5 tries saw him out of position, not trying to help in a try saving tackle!
Multiple time he got there half a metre too late!
I can’t help but think of the Billy Slaters of the world doing EVERYTHING THEY COULD to stop a try!
And if there were any roosters in the vicinity of a high kick Sloan just stayed the hell out if the way!
He has some huge potential but is going up have to decide what type of career he wants! Matt Duffy style of Billy Slater style!
It DEFINITELY wasn’t all Sloans fault today but man that looked so bad from where I was sitting!
ON BLOODY ANZAC DAY!

But that is Sloan every other day of the week.

The guy is a mystery. He appears to not care when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Schoolboy stuff.

I had a bet with my mate that Schuster would have a longer NRL career than Sloan. One of them doesn't even have a contract but it feels like a close bet.

mickt

Juniors
Sloan doesn't deserve to be singled out!
Bro they were all bad, but I just replied to someone that I was at the game watching Sloan intently off the ball and it was bad!
Almost was out of position to stop tries on purpose cause he didn’t want the contact!
Don’t know if he was injured but he needs to start deciding what type of career he wants!
Kind of reminds me of those junior stars who can run like the wind but never learned defence!
“I’ll score all the tries and everyone else can defend!” type juniors who never have to defend!!

saint-stefano

Juniors
Mate. I’m trying to take off my St George glasses. I was at the pub. I had about 10 schooners. I saw Sua bump Suli into JWH. Maybe JWH did elbow him but like I said…I was under the influence. I didn’t really think JWH actually meant to take him out. But i could be wrong. You on the other hand seem to think JWH did it on purpose. Ok. That’s cool.
the was no elbow it was a head clash ,1 melon onto another suli,s melon isnt hard enough lol

I'd get rid of the StcGeorge glasses, mate.
1714045105311.png

St Tangles

Bench
Well Turuva, signed with the Tigers for less money then we were offering so we got no one else currently to replace Sloan.

So now we have had 2 players taking pay cut of hudrends of thousands per year to go elsewhere.
Again he did not sign for less than our offer

We offered 400k with incentives for fullback

Wests offered more

jeffdragon

Bench
But that is Sloan every other day of the week.

The guy is a mystery. He appears to not care when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Schoolboy stuff.

I had a bet with my mate that Schuster would have a longer NRL career than Sloan. One of them doesn't even have a contract but it feels like a close bet.
Reminds me of Latrell.
LAZY.

Fangs

Coach
Reminds me of Latrell.
LAZY.

I rate Sloan's talent. Had big wraps when I first saw him and I assumed the other issues would iron out.

21 years at 44 games and counting. Very young and I like that Flanno has tried to back him. But you'd think by seasons end a decision will be made.

BLM01

First Grade
Didn't watch the game and wont even see the lowlights I'm afraid to say. I checked the score after the game had finished and just shook my head in disgust.

We have lost 4 games and to me this last one was the heaviest but the others were high scores so Dean Young needs to pull up his socks and get the guys to be doubly resilient in defence. I said that defence wins games in the earlier part of the thread so I guess we weren't that much chop defending this afternoon.

Talk about being ambushed in the fight on Anzac Day, we were literally bombed to smithereens.
No excuses we were poor in defence and line speed today. They nailed us ans starved us of possession more so 1st half. 3 games in 11 days does not help but we needed to be way better on such a special day.

redv13

Bench
I thought the same. The other bloke, 56to66 doesn’t and thinks Suli should sue the nrl.
You saw exactly what I saw mate, unfortunately Su’a bumps Suli slightly just before the contact and Suli gets crunched. There was no elbow. If Su’a doesn’t bump Suli he probably doesn’t clash heads. So unlucky for Su’a and Suli. Happy to be proven wrong but I’m certain there was no elbow with the initial contact of heads