What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best halfback in nz ?

ozbash

Referee
got to be jason spice, doesnt it ?

hes all over devine,
kelleher would be close,
marshall is past his use by,
the guy from the highlanders is good but has a way to go yet.

i rate spice alongside gorgeous georgie who, imo, is the best in the world at the moment.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Byron Kelleher
He's superior to Spice,Marshall is too slow,Devine is nothing great,Gibson is complete crap & Cowan hasnt played enough footy at super 12 level

There wouldint be any point in picking Spice he is turning 30 this year and although he is looking good really he is nothing special, Byron is the best of the current crop.
Jimmy Cowan is the one for the future.

shiznit

Coach
Devine for me, his combo. with spencer is awesome. he should have been playing in the semi.
kelleher was crap when he came on.
kelleher for some reason hasnt been given a good go at the ab's jumper.
but devine to me is a great foil for spencer.
and spice is an idiot!!

Meth

Staff member
On form, it would have to be Byron

Nobody really comes close at the moment

Crusader

Bench
I think Devine did actually play league, for HB I always gotta with my fave - Justin Marshall, still think he's the best. Kelleher is too hot-headed, give him time. Spice???

..::ERIC::..

Juniors
Byron. Head and shoulders above the rest at the moment. Devine doesn't do anything but pass. He never makes a good snipey run or through a decent dummy to make a 1/2 break. Byron has to be in 9. Marshall is hot on his heels and clearly the number 2 halfback but I really don't see him as being a part of the ABs bench.

Iafeta

Referee
Justin Marshall - ergo watch the World Cup. He was brilliant in that tournament. So brilliant Gregan had to give him the cheapest shot of the entire tournament - lucky the ref was blind eh Georgey? Bet you didn't run up and abuse him about missing that one. Tool.

Kelleher is the reason though the Chiefs are going so well if you ask me. Can't believe Otago let him go.

Is Danny Lee injured because he had a stellar pass on him?

Lee is injured, We let Kelleher go because we thought that we could sign Cowan but then he decided to stay with Southland for a couple mor years.