What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson v Smith

oldmancraigy

Coach
So I was looking for some positives for our game up at Newie this weekend and happened across these tidbits!

2001:

@ Parramatta - Eels 30 def Warriors 24
@ NZ - Warriors 29 def Eels 18
1v8 semi: Eels 56 Warriors 12

2002:
@NZ - Warriors 26 def Eels 10

2003:

@NZ - Warriors 18 def Eels 16
@ Parra - Eels 28 def Warriors 26 (Eels scored 3 tries in the last 5-6 minutes!!)

So it's 3 wins each - the massive Eels win came in the finals game - significant to note that the Warriors were well tipped to receive the spoon that season, and over-achieved by even making the semis, let alone being one of the teams that beat the Eels!

I was really hoping that Anderson would have a superior record against his former mentor, but at least the results show that familiarity enabled Anderson to structure an appropriate game plan to trouble Smiths charges.

Be interesting to see if he still has some knowledge of his former boss' style, and if that helps us at least produce a close-ish result up in Newcastle!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You dont think its a bit premature to judge Anderson ?

If you learned by your mistakes, Smith would be a genius by now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lets get fairdinkum, Smith has been there for 3 years and has finally got the team he wanted, lets look at this in 2011 when things will be more evenly matched..

this will be a mis match of epic proportions and it will be a minoe miricle if we manage to keep them within 40 points.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
img
Ando
img

salvy71

Juniors
Are those dancing bananas ? Fair dinkum whatever they are i could watch em for hours !! Fantastic !!

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah I really think these stats are irrelevant. What happened 6 - 8 years ago means nothing old man.

Ladmate

Bench
Smith. He turned you guys into a force (but choking habits cost you, 29-0 semi final 05).

Hanscholo

Bench
I recall, he left us in a bad mess

Really? So Hagan managed to somehow single handedly get the into the top 4 the season later?

Smith didnt leave you guys in a mess, you were in a slump, reacted prematurely and have suffered every minute since.

PJ Marshal

Coach
it was taylor who revided us....hagan leeched on that....when smithy left we were at the same point we are now

SDM

First Grade
Smith. He turned you guys into a force (but choking habits cost you, 29-0 semi final 05).

What is it with RL fans and not knowing what a choke is?

29-0 is an off day. Losing the semi to the doggies in the last 10 minutes with a 2-3 try lead is a choke.

Parra Steve

Juniors
We also had the ball for the first 20 minutes or so and couldnt post a point. Tim and Ben smith who'd been great through the year had a shocker that day.

Latest posts