What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Panthers Match Thread

IanG

Coach
Game will sell out right?

Well I've heard this evening there were only 3000 tickets left.

I've also heard suggestions too that you'll only be able to get in on Sunday if you have a pre purchased ticket. So in other words walk up will more than likely be disappointed.

I had to get one for my brother this morning.

Big Tim

First Grade
This game will be the game that determines the style of coach that Stone is.

Will he get the boys revved up, and hope they get over the line because of a huge crowd and raw emotion of Old Boys Day. Or will he have a precise gameplan to dismantle the opposition???

I think a combination of both will be key. We need to have a plan in attack, but also allow the boys to be able to play some second phase footy off the cuff. There is no doubt they will be revved up, but they need to be controlled and not lose sight of the gameplan.

Will be interesting to see how Stone approaches this game.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I gathered the Johns reason would come about.

But wasn't our all time record crowd of 34,000 odd set against Manly in a team that didn't feature A Johns in 1995?

Or did he play in that game?

It was 32,000 and johns was playing. He was spear tackled in that game and missed a heap of games after.

The factors for lower crowds imo are:

The increase in price

Foxtel

The fact there are only 2 games instead of 3 and not having reserve grade

Not having a team consisting of 6 or 7 representative players anymore

Beer costing $5.50 a schooner and it being a f#cking wine beer!

Not being able to get to the ground really early and sitting near the half way line. Ah those were the days

cram

Bench
Equation is simple after tonight.... we win we play dogs and I like our chances against them without Kimmorely!!!

IanG

Coach
You talk about that 32000 night. I can tell you it was like being in a sardine tin there that night.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Equation is simple after tonight.... we win we play dogs and I like our chances against them without Kimmorely!!!

Assuming Brisbane beats Canberra also. And honestly I hope that is what happens and we finish 7th. At this stage its better than 6th which I feel will be an elimination game if team 6 loses. I cant see us beating the Titans up there so the Dogs at ANZ is the best outcome for us.

K-Man

Bench
At this stage I would just be so relieved to actually make the finals again, even if we got knocked out straight away.

It's a pride things. I'm sick of friends giving me a hard time for the knights falling at the last hurdle.

After everything that's happened over the last few years, I think making the finals would be an excellent achievement for this group of players. I hope they can stay composed tomorrow.

And yes I also think we would have a great shot at knocking over the Bulldogs. But first things first...

Joker's Wild

Coach

Not as simple as you might think......if the Broncos lose we will be facing the Titans and at the moment they are looking awful against the Eagles.

Last edited:

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Does anyone know what happened to my ticket giveaway thread? I have 3 tickets to todays game that I want to get rid of.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not as simple as you might think......if the Broncos lose we will be facing the Titans and at the moment they are looking awful against the Eagles.
Possible JW, but really, Brisbane just won't lose to Canberra ...

IanG

Coach
Just watching the old boys touch game. Knights Old Boys 2-0 up over the Penrith old boys.

bigfoot

Juniors
According to 2GB, Uate is out and replaced by McDonald on the wing.

Is that a good or bad thing Knights fans? Don't know much about McDonald.

Hanscholo

Bench

I wouldnt rate that performance against the eagles as anything to even consider. It is vastly better for us to face the Bulldogs in sydney than the Gold Coast in QLD...no question at all.

Karmawave

Bench
I wouldnt rate that performance against the eagles as anything to even consider. It is vastly better for us to face the Bulldogs in sydney than the Gold Coast in QLD...no question at all.

Agree!

1000 times better. A Bulldogs team with no halfback is vastly better for us to face than a Gold Coast team with Scott Prince.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't care what anyone says, Mullo is a much better five-eighth than halfback. Maybe it's just coincidence, and I know Dureau didn't do much today, however, he did allow Mullo to play his natural game.