What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Panthers Match Thread

Karmawave

Bench
I don't care what anyone says, Mullo is a much better five-eighth than halfback. Maybe it's just coincidence, and I know Dureau didn't do much today, however, he did allow Mullo to play his natural game.

Crazy part of it was, watching it live, it felt like Mullen kicked the ball more often than our back up 7 in general play! :lol:

Would like to see the ' Kick in general play ' stats.

Karmawave

Bench
Just had a quick look then , both apparently kicked 8 times, which is still pretty weird given thats all the halfback does.

CJG 182

Juniors
You can knock him all you want but he had a good game and in particular defended well.

Karmawave

Bench
You can knock him all you want but he had a good game and in particular defended well.

I'm not knocking him.

Just found it unusual that when he is in the side, his greatest strength - kicking - was under utilised. Defensively he wasn't tested. One really bad miss stuck out though on Gordon, but was on a kick chase so forgiveable. Dureau wouldn't have had to make more than 10 tackles all game.

Good coaching from Stone. He had Mullen defending on the Penrith Jennings/Pritchard side.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm not knocking him.

Just found it unusual that when he is in the side, his greatest strength - kicking - was under utilised. Defensively he wasn't tested. One really bad miss stuck out though on Gordon, but was on a kick chase so forgiveable. Dureau wouldn't have had to make more than 10 tackles all game.

Good coaching from Stone. He had Mullen defending on the Penrith Jennings/Pritchard side.
Could be wrong, but I thought they switched at various stages, however Mullo probably did spend more time on the Jennings/Pritchard side. But then again, were Pritchard and Jennings there today or were they last sighted off Nobbys?

Karmawave

Bench
I can't believe Pritchard. He is the biggest impostor going around for sure.

Talent in abundance but mentally as fragile as it gets.

CJG 182

Juniors
I saw him involved in quite a few tackle when they peppered the line early and was happy as it was a HUGE improvement on his defence earlier in the year.

And JD you're right, they swapped a lot throughout the game.

It seemed like either one was to defend 3 in, which side was determined on the previous set in attack and where they ended up.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I'm in shock that no one has commented on our win today!!!! Is everyone still out partying and celebrating our place in the finals?
Well I must say I was impressed with around 80% of the Knights performance today. Obviously our defence was top notch, repelling the Panthers attack on numerous occasions even after offering the several chance in our own 20m zone after dropping some simple ball. Handling errors will be crucial against whoever we play next week and we cannot afford to hand over ball like we did today.
I thought Simmo had one of his best games for us in a long while as did Mad Dog.
I have said it for a long time now that I think Shannon McDonnell > Uate. McDonnell looked dangerous with the ball, something that Uate lacks. Mullen and Dureau worked well but I still think needs work. How awesome will this side be if we can get Taia and Ciraldo back for next weeks game....bring on FINALS FOOTY!!!

CJG 182

Juniors
De Gois may be right for next week, if not I still think we'll cope.

1. Gidley
9. Hider

Won't lose anything in defence and with the two of them chipping in at 9 we won't lose much in attack either.

Glorrrrrrrrrrrrrious day!

perverse

Referee
bloody hollow win. the panthers looked like a bunch of schoolgirls out there at times. anyone would have pumped them today. yup, stoked we're in the finals... but geez a better warm up for next week would have been good. we're still gonna have to rise 50 - 100% more than we gave today to play finals football.

Pika

Bench
You are incredible hard to please.

If you think we ahve 50-100% improvement in us you are mad.

I think an extra 10% on taday would see us as one of the best teams in the comp.

perverse

Referee
You are incredible hard to please.

If you think we ahve 50-100% improvement in us you are mad.

I think an extra 10% on taday would see us as one of the best teams in the comp.
a bit of hyperbole i suppose, pika. we played well, don't get me wrong... but fair dinkum the panthers allowed us to do pretty much whatever we pleased, and did not punish us for any of our mistakes at all. it really was like men against boys. i enjoy any win, but beating up on the red headed kid in the wheelchair at school wasn't very fun either. it was just cruel. and that's kinda what it felt like at the game for me after 20 or 30 mins.

Karmawave

Bench
The Panthers were embarrassing.

If the roles were reversed and that was us, that would have been the worse performance all year by far.

ballbag

Juniors
Appeared to play a bit straighter today with no Taia and Simmo back on the right edge. Matt Hilder is no threat from dummy 1/2 so I would put Gidley to 9, McDonnell to 1 and bring back keith to play left wing against Hazem.

Yosh

Coach
Hey Karma I do admit you have a good insight into the game and know what your talking about alot of the time however you seroiusly have to give the guy a break. Did good, kicked well, defended well and sure unspectacular but you know did pretty well giving early ball to Mullen!

Karmawave

Bench
Hey Karma I do admit you have a good insight into the game and know what your talking about alot of the time however you seroiusly have to give the guy a break. Did good, kicked well, defended well and sure unspectacular but you know did pretty well giving early ball to Mullen!

I never knocked him today. He did fine. He played within himself, and considering he had not played at that level for many weeks, he did his job, as simplistic as his role is, with merit.