What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers fans at EAS today?

Knightmare

Coach
Who were that decent sized group of you sitting at the southern end? I figured it must be The Black Hole or the Beer Squad, but am I wrong?

I honestly (from past experience) didn't think you guys would bring much away support, in terms of numbers or noise, but was quite surprised from where I stood in The Crusade. You guys made quite a decent atmosphere(well, in the first half anyway ;-)) Loved the stand-off with the two trumpets going as well!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I was sitting in that section and i too was impressed by how many Penrith fans made the trip. Shame about the result, but it was a pretty enjoyable day.

Will definately be back at EAS next year!

Knightmare

Coach
What I meant was, who were the group? Every season the Panthers come up we'll get those guys in with the big flags, but they were up in the corner and then there was that group of you filling the seats all dressed in black, singing Panthers versions of Sydney FC chants and blowing a trumpet- were those guys the Beer Squad, the Black Hole or another group? I'd be surprised if it was just a random bunch of Penrith supporters who found eachother at the game and decided to stake out a spot.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Most of the ones singing were Black Hole members(such as myself). However this year on away trips most Penrith fans have all organised to sit together in an area determined by our merchandise manager Shaun Mielekemp. So yesterday we had a fairly large group of supporters who sit all around CUA Stadium for home games.

macavity

Referee
big ups guys - great to see and you are welcome back anytime.

we gave you a clap at the end but you were too morose to notice I think - hope you didn't think we were having a lend, we all really appreciated your efforts.

:thumn

franklin2323

Immortal
big ups guys - great to see and you are welcome back anytime.

we gave you a clap at the end but you were too morose to notice I think - hope you didn't think we were having a lend, we all really appreciated your efforts.

:thumn

I noticed that. I myself was just too disapointed at the way we went without a whimper we had nothing in attack the last 5 games really disappointed. Nah in no way was their any mean behaviour from your part

Fibroman

First Grade
I was too intoxicated. I love the RSA regulations at Energy Australia...... drink till you drop.

mightypanther

Juniors
What I meant was, who were the group? Every season the Panthers come up we'll get those guys in with the big flags, but they were up in the corner and then there was that group of you filling the seats all dressed in black, singing Panthers versions of Sydney FC chants and blowing a trumpet- were those guys the Beer Squad, the Black Hole or another group? I'd be surprised if it was just a random bunch of Penrith supporters who found eachother at the game and decided to stake out a spot.

It was the Black Hole group, with other Panther fans who now join their gang for away games. I have season tickets on the opposite side of the ground at Penrith to the Black Hole gang, but my friends and I always join them for away games.

But, you're also right about the Beer Squad. Many of the current Black Hole were previous members of the Beer Squad. One group evolved into the other.