What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Victory Alliance

joshreading

Staff member
Maybe there is something going on quietly but I wonder whether it would be a good idea to create a year round 'football alliance' of the Storm and Victory. I don't have any interest in soccer but do wonder whether both organisations could benefit each other.

Imagine as part of the alliance giving every Victory Member a single Storm ticket and vice versa. Both clubs have overlaps with the AFL culture but also have people that are simply not interested.

I heard then discussing this on the radio a month or so ago...I think they may be looking at some form of a season ticket for both teams ??.

Lucas

Juniors
LOL @ last 2 posts.

Not everyone will be as narrow minded as you two. The idea behind implementing something like this would be to get new fans through the turnstiles. You will find that most people will happily take an interest in several codes, especially in sport mad Melbourne. There isn't as much of this 'I only follow one sport' stuff as the diehards will have you believe.

As long as they make it affordable and realistic and promote it well, I think an alliance is a clever move. And this is from someone who primarily follows AFL.

stormtragic

Juniors
i like the idea..ive always though any AFL member should get a discount for even Storm matches to get people of all sports coming to RL

the new stadium will really widen the minds of the locals and the embrace the game

MsStorm

Bench

The idea behind implementing something like this would be to get new fans through the turnstiles. You will find that most people will happily take an interest in several codes, especially in sport mad Melbourne. There isn't as much of this 'I only follow one sport' stuff as the diehards will have you believe.

As long as they make it affordable and realistic and promote it well, I think an alliance is a clever move. .

I think you are pretty spot on with your views on the sporting public in Melbourne, so this idea should sit well with many sporting fans in Melbourne.

Getting them through the gates at the new stadium could only benefit the code.

Evenflow

Bench
LOL @ last 2 posts.

Not everyone will be as narrow minded as you two. The idea behind implementing something like this would be to get new fans through the turnstiles. You will find that most people will happily take an interest in several codes, especially in sport mad Melbourne. There isn't as much of this 'I only follow one sport' stuff as the diehards will have you believe.

As long as they make it affordable and realistic and promote it well, I think an alliance is a clever move. And this is from someone who primarily follows AFL.

Fair points you make about getting new fans through the gate who are indifferent to either sport, but to say somebody is narrow minded just because they don't like the other sport is a bit stupid.

I'm sure there's plenty of supporters from both clubs who will prepared to give the other sport a go and i think it's a great initiative if they do have some sort od duel membership, but inevitably there's also going to be people from both sides who just don't like the other sport which is entirely their prerogative. It hardly makes them narrow minded, do you usually sit through something whether it be a sporting event or something else you don't like if you're given the choice not to?

MsStorm

Bench
I think no one gives a f*ck abut the A league looking at the crowds

Saw a bit of the SFC and Brisbane game tonight, and think there were only about 6,000 fans there.

The Victory have a great following here in Melbourne and seem to prop up the other a-league crowds.

MsStorm

Bench
The Melbourne Heart will also share the rectangular stadium. Its getting a bit crowded.

lol

I think the Gov't wants it that way..

So we are going to have :

Melbourne Storm
New rugby union team (2011)
Melbourne Victory
Melbourne Heart

all sharing the ground.

The a-league games shouldn't count so much as they might just overlap the beginning/end of the nrl season, so we will have a bum fight with rugby union on our hands in 2011:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts