What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R9 | Sun | Knights 36-38 Titans | EAS

Result: Knights v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I don't know about "failed miserably" - you lost by just two points against one of the NRL's best attacks...

We should have had that game in the bag.

The Titan's made some great plays, especially Presto's try, but I thought overall they played pretty poorly. Then again, you could say that about a few of their performances... yet they're still winning. That's the difference. On several occasions they handed us possession on a platter and we just seemed to hand it right back to them. :crazy:

There is no team out there that look more clueless than us.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't know about that, Cronulla couldn't attack their way out of a wet paper bag last weekend - I know they beat you the week before but fair dinkum you're better than that. You're also probably travelling better than us...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That I don't agree with. They had bad calls go against them but you don't deserve to win a game when you concede 38 points.

macavity

Referee
Take out the dodgy calls, and we don't have 38 put on us.

Having said that, "soft" would be a compliment to our defence. It was the most heartless, gutless boneheaded display I have seen by my club. Disgraceful.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ok, I've had a bit of time to calm down after being deadset ropeable as I walked out of EAS last night because of a variety of things.

Firstly, Ben Cummins and his "ability" as a First Grade referee. This bloke has no idea and makes rulings up as he goes along. My first gripe about this bloke happened on the stroke of halftime yesterday. Sure, he had no help from his official ruling on the sideline, but surely Gordon's foot went into touch as Gidley dragged him towards the sideline.

Secondly, the penalty against Ben Cross not only was blatantly incorrect, but it successfully changed the momentum of the game when it seemed the Titans had no answers to our attack. We led 30-22 at that stage and from the ensuing play-the-ball, Tuimavave crashed over alongside the posts. Instead, he makes up a ruling that cross didn't rise to his feet (when BOTH feet were planted incidentally ....), the Titans go up the other end and score in the corner and then again from the kick-off. There's an 18-point turnaround.

Thirdly, we got penalised for a lifting tackle on Meyers (I think?) which I have no qualms with, however, Junior Sau got lifted into just about an identical position 15 minutes later, with no penalty.

Fourthly, the Junior Sau no-try. Surely there was a case for BOD if ever I have seen one. Video replays = inconclusive, so I would have thought any doubt goes towards the attacking team, yes?

Fifthly, and probably most pertinently, our defence. Fair dinkum, we cannot defend. I'm not sure wtf has happened to our defence in the space of not even 12 months, but last year at around this point, we were sailing along in the top four. Now, we're bottom four and have the worst defence in the comp. Some of our "defence" yesterday was diabolical and I agree that you don't concede 38 points and expect to win.

And this is the calmed down version :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
IMO the penalty on Cross was correct. Only for the fact that Cross holds the tackler down when playing the ball. You can't do that. He denies the tackler the opportunity to get to marker, and creates the hole for the try. If Cross had not held the tackler on the ground while playing the ball I would have had no problem with the try.

KempoKnight

Juniors
IMO the penalty on Cross was correct. Only for the fact that Cross holds the tackler down when playing the ball. You can't do that. He denies the tackler the opportunity to get to marker, and creates the hole for the try. If Cross had not held the tackler on the ground while playing the ball I would have had no problem with the try.

Cross got penalised for an incorrect play the ball which was clearly an incorrect call. Doesnt matter if as you believe was holding him down the call was wrong.

macavity

Referee

I take it you are blind - congratulations on being able to use the internet.

Cross was being held down - Friend is clearly trying to pull him down.

If the try doesn't get awarded, the penalty should have been professional foul against Friend.

Bench
I take it you are blind - congratulations on being able to use the internet.

Cross was being held down - Friend is clearly trying to pull him down.

If the try doesn't get awarded, the penalty should have been professional foul against Friend.
That is right,Friend was pulling him down,Presto should have penalised for his play the ball on the winning try,he had no control and was not standing up as Cross was pinged for moments earlier,the Titans first try would have been given no try by every other video ref,the Knights were robbed.

Latest posts