What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowe / Souths - Jon bon Jovi is a supporter

Evenflow

Bench
f**k the states, I'm talking about the headlines and publicity it creates here. ie, Being put alongside a 50 death tragedy on the DT home page.

who said his doing this to promote NRL to america...

His doing this to promote south sydney ....

Australians like american celebrties and thus getting these celebrities to wear/support his team is publicity and promotion for south here in aust...

and if he get overseas support thats a bonus..

WHY DID YOU THINK TINA TURNER WAS BROUGHT HERE ?

It'll still do sweet FA boys but hats off to him for having a crack i spose.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thinking outside the square, stretching a bit aren't we?

He was wearing a Melbourne Heart shirt during him encore in Melbourne last week FFS. Not exactly some creative genius at work.

and amazingly the entire World plays football so it must have worked

Do not under-estimate the power of the Jovi!

juro

Bench
Well if he is trying to impress Australians that he can get Oprah to wear a cap with a bunny on it... sign me up for my souths membership!!! :lol::lol::lol:

kmav23

Juniors
Well if he is trying to impress Australians that he can get Oprah to wear a cap with a bunny on it... sign me up for my souths membership!!! :lol::lol::lol:

so if someone offers you oprah will promote your product for free around the world you say no...

:crazy::crazy:

you clearly have no business sense.....

Evenflow

Bench
Thinking outside the square, stretching a bit aren't we?

He was wearing a Melbourne Heart shirt during him encore in Melbourne last week FFS. Not exactly some creative genius at work.

Good point i forgot about that. He was named their number one international member before the start of the season a purchased 4 premium memberships for less fortunate fans to use. Again a nice gesture that'll have little to no impact on that club.

avlk3n.jpg

Evenflow

Bench
so if someone offers you oprah will promote your product for free around the world you say no....

Errr hang on, didn't you just say this to me?

who said his doing this to promote NRL to america...

His doing this to promote south sydney ....

Australians like american celebrties and thus getting these celebrities to wear/support his team is publicity and promotion for south here in aust...

So it it to just promote the club in Australia like you said to me or around the or America like you said to him.....and not to me? :crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anything that gets the game or the clubs in front of the eyes of the public for positive reasons is a plus. Well done.

juro

Bench
so if someone offers you oprah will promote your product for free around the world you say no...

:crazy::crazy:

you clearly have no business sense.....
No, I am saying that whenever a celebrity is paid to endorse a product, it is painfully obvious that the celebrity has no real interest in the product. If you are sucked in by such cheap tactics then :lol: at you!

Quigs

Immortal
Its good to see that he finished with a Johnny O'keefe number.

Suppose he could of snuck in a Col Joy bracket, would of rocked the house...eh Ronnie.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Liddell

Juniors
x 10,000

I can't believe that every time Russell Crowe promotes his team and our code that all the petty minded morons here can do is knock him.

What the f**k have the knockers ever done that has positively helped Rugby League?

Russell, like him or hate him, is brilliant for Rugby League. He promotes the hell out of our game and pours a truck load of money into it to boot.

I have nothing but respect for him.

And thats from a Rooster fan.

Good post.

Evenflow

Bench
Its good to see that he finished with a Johnny O'keefe number.

and apparrently by doing that he's created mass hysteria and demand worldwide with people rushing to buy the back catalogue of all JOK's albums with the exposure to it..........just sayin :crazy:

StormChaser

First Grade
I asked a close friend of mine who is a marketing guru and also a bunnies fan about this, and she said it's all about "branding", selling the Rabbitoh BRAND, any bonus to rugby league is just that, a bonus. Apparently it's all about selling the logo and making it internationally recognisable.
Her logic is that hardcore JBJ and Oprah fans both here AND overseas will want to own one of those caps simply because it's been "endorsed" by their idol. They'll seek them out, buy them, and the brand therefore gets even more exposure.

I'm sure the Bunnies shareholders or board or whatever won't complain. They know it won't equate to bums on seats, but as a brand, it's going worldwide.

hunters

Juniors
Not sure how anyone can possibly have a problem with what Rusty has done. Realistically, its not going to do any damage so worst case is he's lost $170 on a jersey and a cap.

Best case............??

LRC

I went to a league game with the Bon Jovi lads in the late eighties and also early ninties...my old mate used to and probably still is mates with them (havent seen him for a decade so couldnt scab any tix.)......they are sports nuts and loved the game. JonBJ has a great knowledge of aus and especially the music... man..I could tell you about the parties I went to with them.... a life tiem of stories from that era!!! And the girls.....streuth...that guy could screw a different woman every day of his life from then to now and probably in the future if he wanted to.....we capitalised big time!!!

Doesnt mean anything with him wearing the cap for the code in general...but it spreads the souths brand for a few days.

gUt

Coach
I went to a league game with the Bon Jovi lads in the late eighties and also early ninties...my old mate used to and probably still is mates with them (havent seen him for a decade so couldnt scab any tix.)......they are sports nuts and loved the game. JonBJ has a great knowledge of aus and especially the music... man..I could tell you about the parties I went to with them.... a life tiem of stories from that era!!! And the girls.....streuth...that guy could screw a different woman every day of his life from then to now and probably in the future if he wanted to.....we capitalised big time!!!

Doesnt mean anything with him wearing the cap for the code in general...but it spreads the souths brand for a few days.

Pics or it never happened

Latest posts