What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richest NRL Club & Most Members

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
So the Broncos are the richest with most memembers in the NRL.

But overall the AFL teams are richer with more members then the Broncos?

dogslife

Coach
Broncos by far in both and they have the best fans by far and most loyal :cool::cool:

Haha laughed hard when I read this. I go to quite a few Broncos games every year and I would have to say their 'loyal' fans are about the most fickle I've ever seen. They continually get out cheered at most home games despite overwhelming numbers

age.s

First Grade
The Age did an 'audit' of the Victorian AFL clubs last weekend, all the results are at the bottom of the article.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-victorian-clubs-audit-20110225-1b8n9.html

Interesting article. I found it interesting to note that many AFL clubs were relying on poker machine income for their stable financial position. We always get fed the line that Melbourne clubs are self sufficient without relying on sucking the blood out of gamblers with a serious illness.

BDGS

Bench
Interesting article. I found it interesting to note that many AFL clubs were relying on poker machine income for their stable financial position. We always get fed the line that Melbourne clubs are self sufficient without relying on sucking the blood out of gamblers with a serious illness.

Bring in the poker machine tax in Victoria!!!

If they already have on, make it tougher!

:D

age.s

First Grade
Bring in the poker machine tax in Victoria!!!

If they already have on, make it tougher!

:D

Nah. It's a well known fact that Victorian clubs attract a different kind of poker machine. This variety is far less damaging to society, and shouldn't be taxed as heavily. Seriously it's true. The media and this AFL fan told me.

Simo

First Grade
Yep, Broncos due to them being a one city club and also a Rugby League city of 3 mil people.

This is also used as a reason as to why Brisbane needs another NRL team.

Bris has 3 million people now? Must be something in the water was nudging 2 last time I checked.

Loudstrat

Coach
To the OP = why are you asking about members? What relevence is that?

If you are one of the morons who reckon Membership is Utopia when it is merely season ticket holders with a mail out sticker and coffee cup, you may be better off asking about leagues club membership (the basis of financial strength), average home crowd (active fan base) or TV ratings (passive fan base).

If you are simply an AFL troll, as I suspect, then ask about average IQ, where the 9k to see Cronulla or Canberra on a wet saturday night, or the 35k at Lang Park (whose total iq would equal 9 k at Canberra or Cronulla) would sh*t on yours.

Loudstrat

Coach
Broncos by far in both and they have the best fans by far and most loyal :cool::cool:

Haha laughed hard when I read this. I go to quite a few Broncos games every year and I would have to say their 'loyal' fans are about the most fickle I've ever seen. They continually get out cheered at most home games despite overwhelming numbers
Its also the only ground where fans sound like screaming 14 year old Girls at a Bieber concert during telecasts. And no, I don't hear the same thing at Origins.

Perth Red

Post Whore
To the OP = why are you asking about members? What relevence is that?
:D:crazy:

West Coast generated $10.2 million in revenue from its 43,000-strong
membership base,

and this was back in 2006! Would be nudging over the $15mill mark now I suspect. Anyone who thinks memberships has no relevance to the financial performance of a club and code is :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely that's incorrect, they must be charging about $220 per membership..

Eagles memberships:

Victorian member 11 games in Victoria - $255

Perth full season membership (fully sold out 40k+)
Captains club - $647
Premium gold - $584
Premium - $503
Standard - $338
Budget - $253
Restricted view - $253
Non ticketed membership $30-45
Pet membership $30!
To be on the wait list for a ticketed membership $59 ayear (around a 5year wait)

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Eagles memberships:

Victorian member 11 games in Victoria - $255

Perth full season membership (fully sold out 40k+)
Captains club - $647
Premium gold - $584
Premium - $503
Standard - $338
Budget - $253
Restricted view - $253
Non ticketed membership $30-45
Pet membership $30!
To be on the wait list for a ticketed membership $59

:crazy:

In-goal

Bench
Whilst I agree that the Top AFL CLubs are more wealthy, there is a catch in the counting. They count Pubs and Pokie income etc as CLUB INCOME. Whilst the structure of the Clubs legally might be slightly different than NRL Clubs it is like Penrith counting the income of all its Leagues Clubs (something like 14 or 15) and saying they have an income of over a 100 million dollars.

Leagues clubs and Rugby League football clubs may share the same name, but in truth are two different companies.

In the AFL, the clubs are self regulated to the point were they are able to buy pokies to solely fund football operations.

Collingwood has a massive turnover, in which most gets spent on the football department outside the cap on luxuries such as.

Better Facilities
Medical treatment
Plater welfare

At the other end of the scale, certain clubs make the players pay a fee each season for medicals and rub downs, sounds bizzare, but thats money.