What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow a Bunny for life?

By Nathan Ryan
29 March 2011 03:48PM EST

EXCLUSIVE: OFF contract at the end of the season, Chris Sandow is under no illusions a new contract is going to walk it's way into his hands.

• Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow says he would like to be a Bunny for life
    Getty Images

The halfback knows all too well he is playing for a new deal this season and needs to impress the club which gave him his start four years ago.
While his manager declined to comment on contract negotiations, the halfback was more than happy to discuss his dream of becoming a bunny for life.
“I would love to stay at the Rabbitohs, there’s a good culture here and I love everyone involved with South Sydney,” he revealed to nospam11.com.au.
“I just got to see how I go on the field, if I can do the talking on the field, hopefully they will look after me at the end of it.
“This is where I started my career and I want it to end here but like I said before I just got to take each game as it comes and go from there.
“A lot of great players have come here and I want to stay here for the rest of my life.”
A foundation club, the 22-year-old halfback credits the diehard Souths fans for his passion towards the club he has played 63 games for since making debut in 2008.
Following two losses, despite the game remaining within their grasp until the final 10 minutes of the match, the Roosters and Bulldogs took points over a potent side on paper.
Hammered by the media and fans throughout the week, the club turned their fortunes around with a victory over Parramatta beating the Eels 32-18 and registering their first win of the 2011 season.
Not reflecting on self, Sandow is glad the fans have something to cheer about.
“It’s one of the greatest clubs in the NRL, everyone’s out there cheering for you,” he said.
“It’s good having a winning feeling.
“We need to make sure we keep moving forward at training.
“The fans would have been filthy if we had another loss so were out there doing it for them but we need to keep chopping away and get a few more.
“Hopefully we get a roll on now.”
The Cherbourg Hornets junior is hoping 2011 will be a year in which he impresses everyone at the club and rises to the occasion, although he admits playing alongside some of the game’s biggest names is still surreal at times.
“I’m still getting to terms that I’ve got to tell Roy Asotasi, Luke Stuart, Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess what to do on the field,” he said.
“But I’m loving that job at the moment and that’s what a halfback has got to do.”

http://www.nospam11.com.au/articles/2011/03/29/sandow-a-bunny-for-life/

BunniesMan

Immortal
Like the article says, if he improves the things he needs to improve, he could be our long term #7. He has the talent, it's simply upto to him to him if he wants to iron out the issues in his game.

If not, we'll have to look elsewhere. Perhaps Reynolds.