What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 16 & 17

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Sunday arvo games could be claimed as equally important. They might not demand the same advertising revenue but they lead into the 6pm news and set the station up for the very important Sunday night.

To basically target Sydney only so they can claim QLD is losing interest in RL on the back of the AFL push is my prediction...

People bitch and complain when Sydney teams don't get Sunday games (and rightly so)....now when they do, its a bad thing?

applesauce

Bench
I never complained about Sydney teams not getting sunday games. But a Sydney team can play a QLD team (in Sydney) and a Syndey team is still playing...

Plus there are mutiple games on a Sunday. Why reduce your market share by targeting one state?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I never complained about Sydney teams not getting sunday games. But a Sydney team can play a QLD team (in Sydney) and a Syndey team is still playing...

Plus there are mutiple games on a Sunday. Why reduce your market share by targeting one state?
typical queensland f**kwit. So now you want 2 of the 3 FTA games to consist of QLD teams? FMD. There are a whole sh*tload of rivalries in Sydney that people want to see, and if you got your way they'd never be shown. Your state, with it's 3 teams, is already guaranteed a team in one (and sometimes both) of the FNF games, and now you want Sunday. Get over yourself.

You f**ken canetoads have won a few origin series and now you think rugby league revolves around you.

parano1a

Juniors
Surprised Melbourne hasn't had more of a go at FNF.

How long is it going to take people to realise that Melbourne Storm's administration and fan base DO NOT WANT any Friday night games unless the NRL/Nine guarantee live coverage which is something they are not prepared to do.

Scheduling Storm games for Friday night games then showing the broadcast after midnight is detrimental to the game's growth. This is why Storm games are usually scheduled in Foxtel's timeslots.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How long is it going to take people to realise that Melbourne Storm's administration and fan base DO NOT WANT any Friday night games unless the NRL/Nine guarantee live coverage which is something they are not prepared to do.

Scheduling Storm games for Friday night games then showing the broadcast after midnight is detrimental to the game's growth. This is why Storm games are usually scheduled in Foxtel's timeslots.
I don't care about what their administration wants. Since when do individual teams dictate what they get? It's upto channel 9, and Melbourne is arguably the best team in the comp playing IMO the most attractive footy in the comp with 2 of the games best players. They should be shown on FTA a little more often. I'm not saying every other week, I do understand the need for them to be on pay tv, but they should be on FTA more often than they are now.

King Tigerman

Juniors
watch it next week , friday night football proudly brought to you by nrma wow sportingbet hans xxxx and whoever else sponsors the broncos

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't care about what their administration wants. Since when do individual teams dictate what they get? It's upto channel 9, and Melbourne is arguably the best team in the comp playing IMO the most attractive footy in the comp with 2 of the games best players. They should be shown on FTA a little more often. I'm not saying every other week, I do understand the need for them to be on pay tv, but they should be on FTA more often than they are now.
You do realise teams actually can make requests and where possible, the NRL attempts to honour them?

applesauce

Bench
typical queensland f**kwit. So now you want 2 of the 3 FTA games to consist of QLD teams? FMD. There are a whole sh*tload of rivalries in Sydney that people want to see, and if you got your way they'd never be shown. Your state, with it's 3 teams, is already guaranteed a team in one (and sometimes both) of the FNF games, and now you want Sunday. Get over yourself.

You f**ken canetoads have won a few origin series and now you think rugby league revolves around you.

Are you kidding me? 3/3 (most weeks) will still consist of NSW team you merkin.

I am not saying remove all Sydney teams from the comp and get rid of rivalries FFS. The games are being played still on a Sunday, get off your ass go to the matchs you want to watch you lazy turd.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Are you kidding me? 3/3 (most weeks) will still consist of NSW team you merkin.

I am not saying remove all Sydney teams from the comp and get rid of rivalries FFS. The games are being played still on a Sunday, get off your ass go to the matchs you want to watch you lazy turd.
Your plan, as stupid as it is doesn't affect me. I have pay tv. While I live 500km's from Sydney that'll do. But I'm not worried about me. Under your plan 80% of the fans of Sydney teams will almost never see their team in a local rivalry on tv. Sydneysiders are naturally less interested in a game involving a non sydney team, even if there's 1 sydney team involved.

You'd be killing 9's ratings in Sydney if you basically eliminate Sydney rivalry games from FTA.

parano1a

Juniors
Your plan, as stupid as it is doesn't affect me. I have pay tv. While I live 500km's from Sydney that'll do. But I'm not worried about me. Under your plan 80% of the fans of Sydney teams will almost never see their team in a local rivalry on tv. Sydneysiders are naturally less interested in a game involving a non sydney team, even if there's 1 sydney team involved.

You'd be killing 9's ratings in Sydney if you basically eliminate Sydney rivalry games from FTA.

Why exactly would you want Storm games shown on Friday nights then, if Sydneysiders care less about them than local clubs, and the actual fan base of the club would be prevented from seeing the game (Unless they wish to stay up until 2am that is)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why exactly would you want Storm games shown on Friday nights then, if Sydneysiders care less about them than local clubs, and the actual fan base of the club would be prevented from seeing the game (Unless they wish to stay up until 2am that is)
fmd, all I'm saying is Melbourne should be on fnf ONCE OR TWICE, as opposed to the ZERO they've had so far.

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol you cant air every team!
have a look at that chart posted a little earlier, look at the disparity of FNF.

I'm not saying they should be exactly even, of course some teams need to have more than others, but for one team to be in double digits while there's 3 with none is ridiculous.

Greenbits

Juniors
It sucks cause I have live in Brisbane, and hate the Broncos, so there is never much to watch on a Friday night.

Latest posts