What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning for 2012

Fibroman

First Grade
All of these selections are good.As for Waterhouse we can get a cheap fringe 1st grader and a decent 1/2 for the $400k he's on, or a great offloading forward. Off field changes are needed aswell. Anyone seen that story in the paper?? Lou Zivonic doesn't speak highly of the current regrime. I will find a link when I get home and post it. He should by the club. That will get the dinosaurs out and new people in.

Half our problem is that we are buying too many 'fringe' first graders. Personally I'd rather tie 400k up in someone that is going to win you a competition (which by the way isn't Waterhouse). I can actually see the value in paying a Jennings or Frank Pritchard 400k.

chrisD

Coach
I don't think Waterhouse is worth 400k anymore but I still think he's got plenty to offer, his form is a symptom of the halves/Elliott problem. We're paying him 400k to catch hospital passes, of the three times this year Jennings started behind Waterhouse and ran around him when Waterhouse got the ball we scored once and should have scored the other two (one time Jennings flat f**king dropped it), I think he's still got it.

Last edited:

TeamSatan

Juniors
All of these selections are good.As for Waterhouse we can get a cheap fringe 1st grader and a decent 1/2 for the $400k he's on, or a great offloading forward. Off field changes are needed aswell. Anyone seen that story in the paper?? Lou Zivonic doesn't speak highly of the current regrime. I will find a link when I get home and post it. He should by the club. That will get the dinosaurs out and new people in.

Waterhouse is number 1 in offloads ....according to this weeks big league magazine.
I want him to play for us ..not against us....it hurts to see Pritchard at the dogs and we have some reserve grade nuffies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Daily Telegraph today suggests Waterhouse will be let go to pursue Simon Dwyer and Aaron Woods.

maple_69

Bench
Also read the other day St Helens is chasing Waterhouse and Laffranchi hard to replace Graham.
I'm neither here nor there on Waterhouse.
He had one of his best years in 2009, was solid last year and is average this year.

I'd be interested on Sheens take on Waterhouse. He has preferred small mobile forwards at the Tigers. Guys in the mould of Lewis. I'd also be interested to see how he incorporates our massive pack into his gameplans.

Fibroman

First Grade
Waterhouse is actually pretty mobile for a big bloke. He does some good work in defence. Only problem is, he is past his best.

franklin2323

Immortal
Waterhouse is number 1 in offloads ....according to this weeks big league magazine.
I want him to play for us ..not against us....it hurts to see Pritchard at the dogs and we have some reserve grade nuffies.

And 1st in dropped ball and penalties conceded. Plenty of kids in NYC that can do the same thing and we improve the 1/2's.

The problem with Pritchard it was round 25 or some rubbish. Do it early and we can get 1 good player and it won't hurt like Dwyer as mentioned today

Fibroman

First Grade
Panthers isn't the only 'Boys Club' in the world, but sometimes the broom needs to be brought out of the closet and get rid of some dust.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's the 1 Sandi. Lou is an ex player who worked hard to become a millionaire. So knows something about management.

Lets look at it. We have no strappers, P/T pyshio. ME's 2nd year he got rid of some dead wood. Lost both 7's in Wallace/Gower had none in reserve. Played Blair/Lewis as a result. Left an international in Pritchard unsigned til rd25. That worked out well.

While ME was no coaching genuis. He had budget cuts & useless management not helping him along the way

TeamSatan

Juniors
. Plenty of kids in NYC that can do the same thing and we improve the 1/2's.

Except NONE of them can tackle......

While we are being stupid , maybe we should give Jennings to parra because he can't score tries anymore...

Waterhouse is our best backrower in the club and if you can't see that then please feel free to follow the giants next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well another game another poor performance. Waterhouse $400k for that.

Our backrow offers nothing in attack. Where's our players offloading with a few defenders hanging off them? Nothing. The last 3 games stats wise we should of won but for very average attack.

franklin2323

Immortal

Big Mick

Referee
Waterhouse is our best backrower in the club and if you can't see that then please feel free to follow the giants next year.

Yeah exactly. Thats the reason we need to freaking recruit.

The fact he is our "best backrower" which he isn't because Luke Lewis is...but the fact he is #2 even shows what a shambles our recruitment is.

Waterhouse isn't worth $400k. If he wants to stay, he gets $200k otherwise, on your bike to St.Helens Trent & earn big retirement cash there.

Anyone that honestly thinks he should be re-signed on that pay has rocks in their head, either that or their real name is Michael Leary.

murraymob

Coach
He is behind a rebel ticket for the board. Good we need change. A self made millionaire would know how to get books to balance & fix the club.

Hope the get col bently on the rebel ticket.Very smart busiiness man who has the advantage of already being on the board and seeing who the problems are

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Col Bentley and Greg Chapman were the most impressive Board Members over the past few years. However both left as they couldn't work with the current Board.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well. Still no closer to a new coach. Seems like Lou was right everything is ad hoc. Atleast when Lang got punted we had ME signed up. I was hoping that was the case again sadly not.