What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes

Freak2

Juniors
Again last night Jarryd showed us all why he is regarded as the best Full 8 in the game.

Just to clear this up, A Full 8 is a 5/8 that doesn't play in the defensive line.

Now this being the case I would throw Reni straight into the 5/8 role so he can do the Champ's defending.

Personally I would have Casey at 9 and MK at 14.

Happy for Charlie to stay in the team and play his 10-15 minute cameo in the middle of the 2nd half. I think that can work wonders towards the back end of the season. Although Atkins could very well be the slowest winger of all time he is also very safe and I am happy for him to be our selected winger at the moment. Burty as much as I love him he needs to lift. With Sandow coming next year he needs to get picked in this side based on his wing play and currently he is not giving enough.

I think our next signing will be a winger. We need something out wide for season 2012.

Delboy

First Grade
Dude, the current coach has had to adapt to a team that he had no input, and they are performing better than expected.

My point is unchanged, we have no one else, he gets picked for that reason ( we bought a 7 , why) but he is a journeyman who offers little but honesty and effort. No need to blame the current set up for some horrible decisions made previously

oldmancraigy

Coach
Dude, the current coach has had to adapt to a team that he had no input, and they are performing better than expected.

My point is unchanged, we have no one else, he gets picked for that reason ( we bought a 7 , why) but he is a journeyman who offers little but honesty and effort. No need to blame the current set up for some horrible decisions made previously

We didn't just buy a 7.

We let go of our current 7 AND released the backup 7

AND we bought a young 7 AND a 6 who can play 7.

Only a total imbecile would say our halves are 'good enough'

oldmancraigy

Coach
You can say we have the worst halfback in the comp but he has played all over his five-eighth in the last month. McGuire is great but he was better at hooker.

But no, just blame everything on the halves like always. It's all their fault. Everyone else plays just damn perfect every week!

AND we don't have to look very far to find our imbecile.

Mate, if you don't see how a bad halfback can snuff out a good team, then you haven't been watching the Eels the last couple of years.
McGuire has made a MASSIVE difference to our attack the last few games - he stands deep and primarily runs the ball. So Robson is forced to kick it on the last, OR defer to Hayne. There's no more fiddling around amongst the halves in the hope that they might do something they can't.

I thought Robson's kicking game was very poor (again) vs Manly. He loves the little grubber, but when it's bad it reeks.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't know if you've watched Sandow play for the Rabbits or any of the other halves in the comp but if you have then you should see a big difference.

Robson's kicking game determines where the opposition gets the ball. By kicking direct to the man he allows them to attack with momentum. His attacking kicks are poor.

Last year we were good in getting up the field. We just couldn't finish attacking plays. That came down directly to the halves -- Robson and Mortimer.

The criticism has been warranted. It was ok in 2009 when Robson was the third choice half but in 2010 and 2011 he's been the first choice (due to poor recruitment).

There is a reason as to why Hayne has played more of a playmaker role this season.

Given that McGuire was doing well at hooker and he's only at 5/8 because of Mortimer's problem I think he can be spared some criticism.

Just quoting this again for truth.

Springs

First Grade
AND we don't have to look very far to find our imbecile.

Mate, if you don't see how a bad halfback can snuff out a good team, then you haven't been watching the Eels the last couple of years.
McGuire has made a MASSIVE difference to our attack the last few games - he stands deep and primarily runs the ball. So Robson is forced to kick it on the last, OR defer to Hayne. There's no more fiddling around amongst the halves in the hope that they might do something they can't.

I thought Robson's kicking game was very poor (again) vs Manly. He loves the little grubber, but when it's bad it reeks.

Blah blah blah, I know, Robsons f**king terrible, McGuire is f**king fantastic although he has done nothing. It's all f**king Robsons fault. I know, his kicking game is terrible, especially when he kicks it out on the full twice. McGuire is so much better, like when he rushes out of the line and misses the tackle that costs us the game. But his grubber for Ben Smith to score was alright. Luckily for us we bought a champion, brilliant, fantastic half in Sandow, he is obviously our saviour considering how much better Souths have gone this year when compared to us.

Mate for Christ's sake, do you guys ever mix your words up a bit. All it is, day after day, is how terrible the halves are. There's a bloke out there trying his hardest, and not playing terribly at all, but we lose on the bell to equal first-placed Manly because of a fluky play that he could do nothing about, and once again it's all his f**king fault. Give the guy a break he's doing his best, and at the moment his best is good enough.

barney gumble

Juniors
Mate for Christ's sake, do you guys ever mix your words up a bit. All it is, day after day, is how terrible the halves are. There's a bloke out there trying his hardest, and not playing terribly at all, but we lose on the bell to equal first-placed Manly because of a fluky play that he could do nothing about, and once again it's all his f**king fault. Give the guy a break he's doing his best, and at the moment his best is good enough.

Nicely said. Shallow thinkers around here.