What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Eels Team Round 21

hindy111

Post Whore
The final nail was put in our coffin last week.
We probably dont have much to gain by playing Robson.But with Sandow and Roberts beeing our halves next year do we have much to gain by putting wehbe or mortimer there?
The only thing id like to see is possibly marmin on the bench and mcguire to halfback.....

oldmancraigy

Coach
Here we go again........

Suity

BigErn doesn't realize that it's compulsory to have 25 players in the top squad. He also doesn't realize that we spent $600k less than our cap (about the minimum compulsory spend).
He also doesn't realize that picking up old hacks at the last minute on the off-chance they might pan out isn't a bad gamble "because it's compulsory to spend the money and compulsory to have the players"

I can't think of any other player who we might have signed instead of them (at the time they were signed).

Parra Pride

Coach
There is no reasonable defence for having Robson in the team.
If he was a decent player, I'd still be questioning playing him considering he is on the way to sharks next year.
Surely we'd gain more by having Maguire/Keating/Mortimer/Humble/Wehbe/Bruest...
I think we'd gain more by having Reni at 6 and hayne at 7

We'd gain more by strapping a jersey on a broom handle.

Morts or nothing.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The final nail was put in our coffin last week.
We probably dont have much to gain by playing Robson.But with Sandow and Roberts beeing our halves next year do we have much to gain by putting wehbe or mortimer there?
The only thing id like to see is possibly marmin on the bench and mcguire to halfback.....

I hate to say it, but sure, why not Morts? UNLESS we plan on keeping him @ Wenty so that he goes to England (good tactic IMO).

After Robson's late penalty last week, punt him! Pick someone else - anyone else!

Pretty certain that won't be the team that runs out there though.... I'll be shocked if Robson is part of it!

born an eel

Bench
we are shopping Morts around at the moment, so want to be able to show them his 2009 highlight tapes. We don't want any perspective buyer to come and watch him perform 2011 style.

natheel

Coach
I like our back row

Centres...meh

Why is Jeffery robson there??

Where is Mortimer?

WTF??? We r goners

ianlovesparra

Juniors
O'Hanlon hopes this one goes to golden point again so he can clock up another 3 minutes of 1st grade experience otherwise he may catch the flu sitting on the bench again.

True EEL

Bench
Robson to fire up and perform at the level he did against the Sharkies.

well in all seriousness, he's probably due for his good game, what's it been 10 weeks since that game?? that's about right for him 1 good game in about 10, so he's probably due huh?? lol ;-)

i mean the season is over, what harm could it do to give Morts another shot (or Humble for that matter) and give him a final chance to impress the club so they might keep him, or impress somebody either in the NRL or ESl that might want to sign him.....he will easily offer just as much if not more than Robson or McGuire right at the moment

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Pirtek Eels side to play the Melbourne Storm at Parramatta Stadium on Monday 1 August at 7pm:

1. Luke Burt
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Justin Horo
4. Ben Smith
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Jeff Robson
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Reni Maitua

14. Casey McGuire
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Mitchell Allgood
17. Pat O’Hanlon

Coach: Stephen Kearney

Source: http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=40876&title=pirtek-eels-round-21-teams

How "Official" is this team List?