What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Melbourne's attitude towards the NRL

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes it is. The NRL and in particular Gallop continue to f*ck the storm over (and this has nothing to do with the salary cap dramas).

Storm fans in Melbourne can't even get games on FTA thanks to this moron.

It's not only Manly/Melbourne fans who hate Gallop they just happen to be the most vocal.

If they showed the Storm on tv down there no one would go to any games, if the stupid excuss are anything to go by.

Stormsally

Juniors
If I was a member of either club, i'd be looking for a complete clean out of the boardrooms and therefore having board members with no lingering ill feeling towards Gallop and the NRL.

Hey we already had the cleanout of any possible anti NRL board members - they sacked them last year. Our board is 100% News compliant.

Storm fans were always going to boo Gallop - we knew it, he knew it, you knew it, the press knew it. He kept his speech short - the whole thing lasted a few minutes. Far less time than most of you have spent complaining about it.

Before and after the booing we were applauding the club and the teams for these two trophies.

camsmith

Juniors
If they showed the Storm on tv down there no one would go to any games, if the stupid excuss are anything to go by.

I think its the away games getting no FTA coverage that Melbourne fans aren't happy with.

Showing Sundays game live only hurt our crowd, should have been a slight delay imo.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Who's writing silly responses like that?

Gallop was always going to be booed by Storm fans - even though they only have the club to blame and can't bring themselves to admit it.

But responding like that is Mundine-grade silly. (EDIT: by this I mean a poor choice of words - read the transcript, the Hun is only whipping up childish parochialism)

Last edited:

brad_19

Juniors
Just on that link I posted -

It's making big news here. Leading story on the 1am radio news, 3rd article listed on the HUN website and SEN is flooded with callers. Disgraceful antics from our CEO (irrespective of whether Storm fans were in the wrong - the CEO should be bigger and better then to engage in name calling).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uhm, read the actual transcript instead of the Herald Sun beat-up for a CLEAR picture. He did not call Storm fans terrorists, nor did he even liken them to it. He made an analogy about behaviour and passion, which was entirely correct.

As for FTA, Melbourne got the semi on Sunday live to the best of my knowledge - the ratings were atrocious and the crowd didn't even crack 15k in what I understand to be a 29k venue.

When we're selling out Bluetongue at least once a year and going damn well near it on other occasions, why is the NRL still pursuing the Storm as a club when there's a far better option begging for a side?

seaeagle sam

Uhm, read the actual transcript instead of the Herald Sun beat-up for a CLEAR picture. He did not call Storm fans terrorists, nor did he even liken them to it. He made an analogy about behaviour and passion, which was entirely correct.

As for FTA, Melbourne got the semi on Sunday live to the best of my knowledge - the ratings were atrocious and the crowd didn't even crack 15k in what I understand to be a 29k venue.

When we're selling out Bluetongue at least once a year and going damn well near it on other occasions, why is the NRL still pursuing the Storm as a club when there's a far better option begging for a side?

this

BuffaloRules

Coach

Are the Storm the lowest drawing club are they?

No - should they get rid of Cronulla, Souffs , Penrith & Canberra whom all have worse average crowds as well?

Being a fan of a Super League defecting side, I thought you would be toeing the company line and supporting the News Ltd Storm...

Timmah

Staff member
Are the Storm the lowest drawing club are they?

No - should they get rid of Cronulla, Souffs , Penrith & Canberra whom all have worse average crowds as well?

Being a fan of a Super League defecting side, I thought you would be toeing the company line and supporting the News Ltd Storm...
:lol: I love how random loyalists always manage to bring up Super League, no matter how many years have passed. I support the NRL, I care not for whether a team was loyal to either side FIFTEEN YEARS ago.

As for your other questions, I'd argue that Cronulla probably are no longer necessary, but that's another story.

Fans have been banging on about not being given the opportunity to support the Storm on FTA with live matches - I'm simply illustrating the point that they were given that opportunity at the weekend and the AFL still shat on them from a great height.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I couldnt care if it was a 100 years ago...

I will never forget the act of merkinry of your club - its doubtful Super League would ever of got off the ground if the only Sydney teams they had were the Sharks & Panthers....

Gee... an AFL Semi final between two Melbourne teams "shat" on the Storm game in Melbourne... Who would have thunk it?

Have you ever thought about applying to Mensa?

stormbati

Bench
I couldnt care if it was a 100 years ago...

I will never forget the act of merkinry of your club - its doubtful Super League would ever of got off the ground if the only Sydney teams they had were the Sharks & Panthers....

Gee... an AFL Semi final between two Melbourne teams "shat" on the Storm game in Melbourne... Who would have thunk it?

Have you ever thought about applying to Mensa?

Forget about it bro, Timmah is a little on the special side.

Timmah

Staff member
No hold on - your fans (and some others) are the ones demanding FTA coverage LIVE into Melbourne.

Excuses about the AFL being on at the same time, or anything else, are garbage. The request was honoured on Sunday and the silence was deafening.

As for Super League, you are aware it's over and has been since 1997, yeah? The NRL has now existed for many, many years.

And the ARL wasn't exactly an innocent party in all the war...

BuffaloRules

Coach
No hold on - your fans (and some others) are the ones demanding FTA coverage LIVE into Melbourne.

Excuses about the AFL being on at the same time, or anything else, are garbage. The request was honoured on Sunday and the silence was deafening.

The TV audience for a Sunday arvo for the NRL was fine in Melbourne... Its on a par with Swans audiences in Sydney that have had 30 years of live TV to develop an audience...

You were the one bringing up the AFL audience in Melbourne...

As for Super League, you are aware it's over and has been since 1997, yeah? The NRL has now existed for many, many years.

I'll never forget the actions of your merkin club...

Timmah

Staff member
Good to see you omitted my second line from that quote :lol: Delusional as always.