What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday night footy

jc155776

Coach
Is anyone able to confirm for me the amount clubs receive for being stuck as the home team for Monday night footy? Is it only about 40k per game?

Bench
Not sure,but this is the first time in 3 years the WestsTigers will not start the season on a monday night.
The over all allocations of monday night games is so unfair,Brisbane and New Zealand hardle ever play monday,and brisbane especially get 90% of their games on a friday,the draw sucks,it should be evenly spread for all teams,not just half of them.

IanG

Coach
I don't think the Warriors have ever hosted a Monday Night game.

I heard it was around $50K

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not sure,but this is the first time in 3 years the WestsTigers will not start the season on a monday night.
The over all allocations of monday night games is so unfair,Brisbane and New Zealand hardle ever play monday,and brisbane especially get 90% of their games on a friday,the draw sucks,it should be evenly spread for all teams,not just half of them.

seriously how could the warriors play on Mondays ?
they'd be kicking off at 9pm :sarcasm::roll:

carcharias

Immortal
I remember the warriors and sharks playing a fri night game in NZ.
It was pissing down and Mitch Healy kicked one from the sideline on the bell to win it.

I watched it from Mortdale pub..it was on at about 5.30 in the arvo.

or at least thats how I remember it.
It sticks out
1) mortdale amongst the bros in their work clothes
2) the weird timeslot.

Raiderdave

First Grade
They do it at 8:30pm on Friday night kick-offs. Been done a few times before. It's doable.

thats Friday at the end of a working week ...
followed by 2 days off

not a Monday at the start of the working week :roll:

not a soul would turn up to a game kicking off on a Monday night at 9pm
hence why the Warriors have never ... & will never .. host a Monday night game

K ?;-)

beave

Coach
we had the opposite to a late NZ kick off, because of our stupid stadium management, we had a 6:15pm monday night kick off this year................. utter merkins. The crowd was still turning up at halftime FFS.

IanG

Coach
It's still a dog for spectators.

Have to try and knock off at my normal finish time (which there is no guarentee of happening) drive home, get changed and go to Ausgrid and trying to get there while you're in bloody peak hour traffic is a bloody nightmare

RUBIKS

Juniors
Isn't it funny - I hate Monday night games but love the idea of Thursday night games?

However yeah Monday's are trash, they need to get the flick... (So does the second Friday night game while we are at it).

jc155776

Coach
40k is about 1600 general admission tickets. Does not include any food, drink or club purchases. Pretty raw deal isn't it. Whoever negotiated this deal better be gone soon...

Monday night football is awesome.... if my team isn't playing.:)

Seriously, MNF is the game of the round I look forward to(not including my teams game). Anyone who has foxtel can vouch for MNF being a great viewing experience, it feels like it extends your weekend.

jc155776

Coach

Seriously, MNF is the game of the round I look forward to(not including my teams game). Anyone who has foxtel can vouch for MNF being a great viewing experience, it feels like it extends your weekend.

I agree.

But Fox make a motza, the NRL make something from it, and the clubs get f**ked in the arse.

Add to the fact that a club that can afford it (Donkeys) has hosted f**k all Monday night games makes it a farce.

I agree.

But Fox make a motza, the NRL make something from it, and the clubs get f**ked in the arse.

Add to the fact that a club that can afford it (Donkeys) has hosted f**k all Monday night games makes it a farce.

Im sure the NRL will increase how much money they give to the clubs after the next TV deal, I think its the article that El D posted.

IMO it has the ability to be something special.

Parra

Referee

I hate it. Thursday night would be OK though.

Friday nights are great. 1 game live only.

We need to get back to as many games on Sunday arvo as possible.

Latest posts