What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday night footy

I hate it. Thursday night would be OK though.

Whats the difference between Thursday and Monday ? :? Well except that most people will be out shopping rather than watching the football(on thursday that is).

Friday nights are great. 1 game live only.

FNF sucks atm, its always the Broncos + I would rather go out on friday then watch the footy if its not my team.

We need to get back to as many games on Sunday arvo as possible.

Agree with this.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't mind FNF. Gives me enough time to knock off work, get to the pub, order a feed, place a few bets and have a yak with the lads before kick off. By the time the Broncos match comes on, I'm usually either too tired or shit faced to pay attention. Good deal all around, unless my mob are playing the Bronx.

Not a fan of MNF though. On Monday morning, the round should be finished.

Parra

Referee
Whats the difference between Thursday and Monday ? :? Well except that most people will be out shopping rather than watching the football(on thursday that is).

One is an early start. The other is a late finish.

I like the early start to the round.

Hate dragging out the wrap up until Tuesday each week.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
MNF positives

Ratings winner- big chip to play with for the NRL
Awesome getting home on a monday knowing footy is on
Live footy 4 nights a week. More nights = better IMO

Negatives

Some teams get an unfair proportion of MNF games and others like Brisbane and NZW get next to none.
Crap for fans that actually attend- Would kicking off at 7.30 help with this? EPL MNF and European games kick off closer to 8
Crap for me to attend outside of Newcastle and Gosford due to work

innsaneink

Referee
Monday night football is awesome.... if my team isn't playing.:)

Seriously, MNF is the game of the round I look forward to(not including my teams game). Anyone who has foxtel can vouch for MNF being a great viewing experience, it feels like it extends your weekend.
This.
Something to look forward to after back-to-work Monday

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im sure the NRL will increase how much money they give to the clubs after the next TV deal, I think its the article that El D posted.

IMO it has the ability to be something special.

Agree. Personally, I think Monday night football that the fans should adjust to rather than the game. I hate comparing us to the NFL, but Monday night football is huge over there and it could be here. Once its bigger here, it will be ready for FTA. Personal prediction, in 4 or 5 years, clubs will not need any special hand outs for hosting Monday night matches.

beave

Coach
Monday night football has turned to shit in the NFL this year and probably more so since ESPN has taken over the broadcast (this is the feeling I get from a lot of yanks I've spoken to since I got here for xmas) , there has been some games that have turned out to be very substandard this year because (surprise surprise) they have a fixed schedule........... be careful what you wish for people.

Last edited:

themacemaceman

Juniors
I like Monday night football. I think Thursday is only good for one offs or where Friday might be a public holiday. As for Sunday's ... I like to see three games every week. Have one kick off a midday ( yes even when the warriors aren't on Sunday. Gives more people the chance to take the family to the footy.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Monday nights rate their norbs off , as someone said ... its great getting home from the first working day of the week & knowing they'll be some footy to watch that night

so they have value to our comp....
thats all ... they stay

Panfas

Juniors
I love monday night football! However it is unfair the likes of Canberra are hit with so many matches. IMO there should only be 16 (18 when more teams in the comp) MNF matches per year. That will make 1 home game per club and 1 away game