What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives

tresurehunt

Juniors
SK has called for a public whipping outside peter wynns for that 2nd half performance.

i really thought we had them rattled that first half, weather was crap tho,see how they go on a dry ,fast pitch. and i realize broncs had to play in it too.

Eels Dude

Coach
So because he's new he has to be respectful?

f**k that. This is the internet - respect is wasted in this place.

Never said he had to be, just that it's a breath of fresh air.

Much better than acting like merkins all the time like you and I do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Never said he had to be, just that it's a breath of fresh air.

Much better than acting like merkins all the time like you and I do.

Mate I get paid to kiss arse all day. I'm sure your story isn't much different.

Either way we're hardly going to come here after work and kiss arse for free, are we?

Eels Dude

Coach
Mate I get paid to kiss arse all day. I'm sure your story isn't much different.

Either way we're hardly going to come here after work and kiss arse for free, are we?

Exactly right. Hence why I'm such a negative bastard on here. Vent some steam.

The Colonel

Immortal
The two biggest positives to come from that game were sitting on the sideline. The Broncos were at full strength bar Petro and we missed two players who could well have finished off some half breaks and certainly taken pressure off of Sandow's kicking game.

We desperately need a hooker.

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Mate Esi is a nuffy and should only play if our entire 1st grade, NYC, and NSW cup backlines get season ending injuries.
P

Is this guy serious? He was marking Justin Hodges ffs. I thought while not spectacular, he did a good enough job defending one of the games premier centres.
Give the bloke a chance.

Eels halves couldn't organise a knees-up in a brewery. Amateur hour!!!!!

If Cleary or Bennett were watching that, they would have been laughing their socks off.

nulla boy

Juniors
That's ok - that was us at 10%.

Plus we have two of our best players to come back into the side. Hayne alone is worth 12+ points every week.

Plus with him on the field you'll see Sandow with more room.

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!........(read again)bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dazraider

Juniors
they go spending a heap of cash on Sandow when they need to look at their own backrow.
they need another Hindmarsh in the defensive line and another Moi Moi to attack.
they sure are missing Mateo.
But have to say when Hayne and Tonga get back they will improve but the problem will still be having Sandow their with his bad read in plays.

yy_cheng

Coach
I am criticising sk not sandow. He puts the structure in place. He should have a plan b or c and if things arent workimg he should change things.

If casey the backup is not good emough, instructions should of came out to stop the split halves and let sandow take control. Instruction shouldve come out for mk and burt to provide options for kicking.

Granted he did not drop the ball on the field but he dodnt look like he was doing much else either.

Horo looked knackered at one stage and he had young fresh players on the bench

yy_cheng

Coach
they go spending a heap of cash on Sandow when they need to look at their own backrow.
they need another Hindmarsh in the defensive line and another Moi Moi to attack.
they sure are missing Mateo.
But have to say when Hayne and Tonga get back they will improve but the problem will still be having Sandow their with his bad read in plays.

Idiot. Having gallen and say thaodY in our back row with robson and mortz is definitely worse

Kornstar

Coach
On a positive note, the NYC beat a top rated side, and have a few players that we can eagerly wait for , spoke to Peter Nolan who suggested better times are on the horizon as we see these guys come through. Kelepi Tanganoa, Fraser Mazimoa and Rodeny Ma'afoa were awesome

So we have to wait a few years for results then? Awesome!

Scarves

Juniors
The thing is, we looked pretty good when we cut out the mistakes and silly penalties (first half). Sandow's kicking game was sharp, and he was providing what we previously lacked in the halves.

However, once the mistakes started from the first set in the second half, we just didn't have the class to go with the Broncos. If SK can get the boys to play mistake free footy, we will go OK.

I thought Sio, Mannah, Allgood and Maitua looked good. Also pretty happy with Morgan and Blair.
)

Looked good... crikey you didn't look like making a line break all game. It's obvious Parra need new second rowers that play on an edge. No player in your backrow offers any penetration. One in particular doesn't look like he'd bust a grape anymore. Brisbane incompleted on 15 occasions. From what I saw with your attack you need to clone Hayne and have three of him running around. Sandow has the skills but failed to control the game when Brisbane was dropping all that ball and as usual from his Souths form, he was hit and miss.

KEarney needs to make some tough, very tough recruiting decisions.

Gronk

Staff member
Looked good... crikey you didn't look like making a line break all game. It's obvious Parra need new second rowers that play on an edge. No player in your backrow offers any penetration. One in particular doesn't look like he'd bust a grape anymore. Brisbane incompleted on 15 occasions. From what I saw with your attack you need to clone Hayne and have three of him running around. Sandow has the skills but failed to control the game when Brisbane was dropping all that ball and as usual from his Souths form, he was hit and miss.

KEarney needs to make some tough, very tough recruiting decisions.

Pretty much what we all think actually.

cv8z

Juniors
Our line speed was terrible in the 2nd half
We got cought out with no markers a few times.
We need hayne there esp 10 metres out in attack
Mk can't take us to the next level and we will never be a force with him there
Fui gets the shits not starting and is in effective off the bench for some reason
I'm certain we can improve with hayne and tonga in and reni eventually starting

tresurehunt

Juniors
ffs why doesnt SK start fui ?
i doubt sk will make any tough recruiting decisions ,burt is there to stay and so are the other fringe players...

noosa-eel

Juniors
Defensively we were brilliant in the first half, second half let us down & lack of attack cost us but it's only game 1 :D

tresurehunt

Juniors
And replace fringe players with other fringe players?
no i didnt say replace them ,i said they will stay,unless we are going crap still in the later rounds,and if we are the players wont be the only ones looked at :sarcasm:

Eelectrica

Referee
Positive: We have almost the whole year to figure out what to do with the wooden spoon at the end of the year.
Does Hindy like porridge? He'll have a Preston Campbell like end to his career I think.

Latest posts