What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 v Scabs on Fox

This game illustrates how far backwards Pearce has gone. I've watched the first half so far and pretty much every Pearce kick has been 4th tackle and found space between Merritt at fullback and the left winger who escapes me right. Pearce in 2012 is lucky to find space 1 or 2 times a game and that's if it drops before the fullback and it's almost exclusively on the 5th which is obviously why he doesn't find space.

Freddy was a great believer in 3rd and 4th tackle kicks and with a big forward pack why aren't we employing the similar tactic that worked well a decade ago?

Pearce looks better in this half in 2008 than in any 2012 game including Anzac day. Is it really down to Smith? Everyone said he needed to get away from Fittler's coaching but he's the one who has gotten the best out of him in his career. His best game this year IMO was City v Country.

SOS Freddy

the painter

Juniors
Scabs, arent you a bit of a dick refering to your beloved tri colours as scabs, I could think of worse names but really.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
f**k that's a lame post ^^

Can Freddy do some one on one with Mitch. Maybe help him with finer points of playing in halves and having to be a leader of the club.

Monk

Referee
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure bringing back a coach who got shitfaced the night before a big game will do wonders for your club's disciplinary problems...

TBH The only part of our discipline which has improved is our off the field (well... staying out of the papers). On the field we are still a bunch of nuffies and can't hold onto the ball.

Pearce needs someone who can teach him the fine art of being a Half. He doesn't need to be our Head Coach, but someone in the organisation needs to give Junior a hand, bring in Sticky or Alfie or someone who has half a brian.

I've given up on Pearce. He may go better under another coach or, another club.
I'm fed up with his constant refusal to go for another set of six although, last Monday night revealed he has no clue when given another set in dream field position.

I've given up on Pearce. He may go better under another coach or, another club.
I'm fed up with his constant refusal to go for another set of six although, last Monday night revealed he has no clue when given another set in dream field position.

One of many excuses has been "he's had no talent around him" that's true at Easts but it really doesn't get much better than the NSW team this year for attacking potency and he still played like a busted just putting up bombs.

Pearce just doesn't get it. I think it was Origin or whoever we lost to the week before and he tried to gain a repeat set from about 25 out and just kicked the crap out of it and the fullback was tackled 10 out.

I am convinced that they've put the repeat set away after a few intercept tries. Sandow & Barba iirc