What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mattiske or Grant better not outline the reasons the AFL deserve more money like Gallop did.
Well they kinda have to to justify themselves. They'll announce the usual longer games/more games crap. But I don't care, the money is good enough, I hope it isn't the focus in the press conference. I don't want the coverage lost in the margins. If they haven't delivered us more live FTA games and every game live on Fox they need to explain why. Live games are worth a lot and are much more important than 5 or 10% more or less on the final figure.

Its funny how we can pay such a pittance and get the best coverage of the NRL in the WORLD.

Every game LIVE and uninterupted.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've heard that we may have missed out on fixed scheduling and will still have delayed games on FTA as well.
Yep seems so. I would have sacrificed 100 million if it meant getting the proper coverage. Because proper coverage is worth a lot more than 100 million.

I bet the FTA games aren't nationwide either like the AFL FTA games are.

So it seems like compared to the AFL, the NRL got:
less FTA
less live FTA
less nationwide FTA
less live on Fox
AND 350 million dollars less.

Great job ARLC.

Special K

Coach
It is 2012 surely they cannot keep showing games on delayed.

How many other major sports around the world put up with that?

JW

Coach
The more details that are coming out, the worse its getting.

So far we're basically hearing that everything will remain the same, but for more money.

f**king joke if that ends up being the case.

m0nty

Juniors
Fox Sports News now talking about the deal.

Live Sunday night game for 13 rounds of the season.

Super Saturday and MNF remain.

Sleep

Juniors
So far it doesn't sound so good. The independant commission the saviour of League! :lol:

One game live FTA is a joke.

Moffo

Referee
His handling of the TV rights is the latest example of his incompetence. Fox knew all along that they'd be able to get a better deal by putting a dickwad in charge of the game

Flush the turd, he is going to ruin the game. Worst administrator ever

jc155776

Coach
Didn't even crack the 1 billion mark legitimately.

But will fudge the numbers and include other revenue to boost the total.

And the coverage stays the same.

Useless merkins.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Wow ! I didn't see that coming - thought our tv experts led by Doc Brown were on the money & that a change was a certainty.

As others have said, waiting for the specific details though before making a final judgement.

Doc - when you know the details of the new deal, would like to hear your thoughts on what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.