What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney Jan 3 - 7, 2013

drago brelli

Bench
Send the Sri Lankans home. They are hopeless. Pick an Australian A team to play our test team. How embarrassing is it going to be in Sydney with Sangakara out for 8 weeks. He is all they have.

mozza91

Coach
Going to the 3rd day of this test. Hopefully it lasts that long. Can't wait to see Khawaja he should cement the number 3 spot after this Test Match.

Now apparently Maxwell is getting picked ahead Khawaja f**k me, Usman is already better than 4 of the top 6 and now some nuffy all rounder who struggles with bat and ball is going picked ahead of him. Someone needs to give these selectors a bullet.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
England must be loving this. This is the worst preparation for an Ashes in living memory.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Karunaratne

Radnor is a flog, Im onto him

Josh-Radnor-005.jpg

I dont care if he brings his mum to fight his battle on me :lol:

Maxwell in for Watson and Khawaja on stand by for Clarke with both being in the squad. Maxwell is fairly average but I'm sure he'll get picked ahead of Khawaja who so happened to be on standby for our best batsmen and captain but apparently isn't good enough to replace someone who is injured and out of form. It really boggles the mind.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think you'll find that maxwell is in the squad only because its an scg test and it has often been a viable option to have two spinners.

TheParraboy

Staff member
mahela jayawardena has an average of 31 per dig over his last 21 tests.

Like Punter and lesser extent Sachin, the bloke has gone on a year or two longer than he should have

Hallatia

Referee
I think Sri Lanka need to have Mahela around at the moment

the situation is different for Australia and India who have been for the past couple of years in positions where they really need to lose those batsmen you mentioned (as excellent batsmen they have been throughout their careers)

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yes lets pick a bloke thats a ODI player at best, just pick Uzi and Starc and rotate Lyon be over with it, just use Warner and Clarke as the spinne

I've been reading that this maybe Bill Lawry's last match in the commentary box and Tony Greig's return from surgery on lung cancer. If that's the case, it will be good to see the two of them sparring against each other for one last time.

Pretty sure he's still going to do the boxing day test every year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I have a feeling India will be the end of Lyon. A mediocre spinner going against batsman that play spin better than anything else on their home turf. If he gets smashed for 4 tests I reckon we'll go into every ashes test we possibly can with 4 quicks and no fulltime spinner.

Latest posts