What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Movies.

Don't know if this has been done before ,but was just wondering what is the strangest movie you have seen.

Being a David Lynch fan ,I thought that Lost Highway was strange ,very different,very puzzling,until I watched RABBITS.

Now here is a movie that you cant really put in a Category.
It is just Strange,Very strange ,& a lot of people I talk to say the same thing.
It leaves you feeling uncomfortable ,unsettled & most of all puzzled.

Anyone else watched it ?
What are your thoughts?

gUt

Coach
Haven't seen those you mentioned. I am a Mike Patton fanboi so I watched Firecracker in which he plays two parts. Probably the strangest film I've seen. (IMO he was great in one part but rubbish in the other).

People cite Donnie Darko as being strange but I don't think so, I think it's pretty straightforward sci-fi with a Gothic edge.

Baz Luhrmann films always weird me out too - can't work out why people love them so much.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pi is a piece of boring garbage with some nice shots but its weird as hell. Its an aronofsky film so its about an obsessiom/passion/addiction that sends someone over the edge like all his movies.

Zigwaa

Bench
Haha yeah, Visitor Q just needs Emilia Clarke's tits to complete it.

I know other films like A Serbian Film have that stuff but Visitor Q isn't don't in a shocking way

Springs

First Grade
Bad Boy Bubby has to be up there.

Synedoche, New York is a very strange movie.

Also Brazil, Salo, I Heart Huckabees

And then there's some like Society, A Serbian Film, Eraserhead and Begotten that I haven't seen.

Parra

Referee
Salo

even stranger to see it in a theatre full of people. It wasn't full for long.

Jono Russell

Bench
A movie called Edges of darkness. I got this one day thinking it was the Mel Gibson movie Edge of darkness boy was I in for a treat. Below is a review taken from IMDB and it describes the movie perfectly.

Vampires try to survive during the zombie apocalypse and so do a bunch of other people
1/10 | famouscoffee | 17 Mar 2010
During the first five minutes of this movie I thought about turning it off. But at the one hour mark I was dying to find out what the hell was going on. Somehow this terrible movie captivated me right to the very end - at which point non of my questions were answered.
For those who love crappy movies, I highly recommend this one. You will be treated to mind boggling plot twists, enthralling high school-calibre acting, and grade five level dialogue. This movie redeems itself by being amazingly terrible from start to finish.
The movie begins by showing you the struggles of a couple who turn out to be vampires, another couple who are having relationship problems due to computer addiction, and other chick that's just messed up because she had to kill her husband and baby. Then some sort of organic cyborg fungus grows out of one dude's computer and feeds off a cactus ... 'Power Source Located'. This of course happens a number of other times when the tentacles find a mouse and then the dude's girlfriend (who fantasizes about romancing a zombie - a la Dirty Dancing). Totally awesome, but seemingly not connected to anything else that's happening in any of the other story lines.
So then the vampires capture this girl who I think was an anti-vampire because she gets stronger as they feed off her. Mayhem ensues and the only one left alive is the vampiress. Yet, somewhere else in the same building? or in another part of the city, the angry chick (who had to kill her own baby) meets the Antichrist who is being pursued by these creepy priests (oh ya, the Antichrist is a 12 year old boy, which seems appropriate for their zealous desire to find him).
In the end, pretty much everyone dies, but the angry chick and the Antichrist go off together somewhere - maybe to fight the alien cyborg fungus, and the vampiress laments about the horrible and chaotic world in which she is left alone - and yes, she has no answers and either do we.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Strange movies for me include:-

Sweet Movie - for the visuals only

August Underground Mordum - I've never finished watching it after several attempts

Shutter Island - WTF was it about?