What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feki

Madsharkie

First Grade
Geez that was a good pick up when he scored off the spilt bomb last night! Pom would still be juggling it...

Quigs

Immortal
Geez that was a good pick up when he scored off the spilt bomb last night! Pom would still be juggling it...

Reminds me of the time The Limmo Simmo swooped onto a crossfield kick to snatch the pill only centimetres off the ground and score the match winning try.............. hang on ............. sorry .......... hold all tickets.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Reminds me of the time The Limmo Simmo swooped onto a crossfield kick to snatch the pill only centimetres off the ground and score the match winning try.............. hang on ............. sorry .......... hold all tickets.

And then he drops the game over the try line.

Houdini

First Grade
Article on Feki in the Leader this week.

I'm not going to deny I didn't know anything about this kid prior to seeing him in first grade. So he was a centre???? Love the quote at the end. Bring on the Warriors!

Hard work sees fortunes change for Feki
By Brad Forrest July 31, 2013, 6 a.m.
Hard work: Sosaia Feki in action at Remondis Stadium on Sunday. Picture: Jane DysonHard work: Sosaia Feki in action at Remondis Stadium on Sunday. Picture: Jane Dyson
SOSAIA Feki had nowhere to run. . .

See your ad here
Overweight and in and out of the New Zealand under-20s team in Auckland, he was told bluntly he was unwanted past last season.

"The Sharks were my last chance — my only chance, to tell the truth," said the winger, relaxing after he and fullback Michael Gordon scored two tries each in the Sharks 38-10 win over the Penrith Panthers at Remondis Stadium.

"I had no future in New Zealand, no one else seemed to need me but through my manager the Sharks offered me some hope."

Feki and his partner made the move to Sutherland Shire, clinging to that glimmer of hope. But not being included in the team's top 25, obviously there were no guarantees.

He buckled down and trained hard in the off season and ripped a staggering 12 kilograms off his 102kg frame — earning a contract for this season and a club option for 2014.

Feki dreamed he might one day make an NRL player but said he was happy just to be playing well in Cronulla's unbeaten NSW Cup side. Then came the big call up three months ago.

"First grade had a few injuries but I was still surprised when the coach called me in to make my first grade debut on the wing," said Feki, who was more used to playing centre.

Despite initial apprehension about receiving and dropping more high balls out wide, Feki gradually improved, playing 11 first grade games and finding the tryline five times.

"Fielding the high ball was pretty scary and I'm still doing plenty of practice between games," he said.

"But I'm just thrilled to be part of such a great Sharks team."

Now, Saturday afternoon can't come fast enough for the slim-line Feki.

See your ad here
His old club hosts the Sharks at Mount Smart Stadium and plenty of family will come to support the Cronulla winger in a stadium that will be filled mainly with Warriors fans.

Mostly, Feki wants to prove just a point or two against his old club, now on a roll and pushing strongly for a spot in the top eight.

Sporting the widest grin in a happy Sharks dressing room on Sunday, he said: "You could say I want to beat the Warriors, badly. Real badly."

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1669687/hard-work-sees-fortunes-change-for-feki/?cs=1633

Card Shark

Immortal
Article on Feki in the Leader this week.

I'm not going to deny I didn't know anything about this kid prior to seeing him in first grade. So he was a centre???? Love the quote at the end. Bring on the Warriors!

Yes him & Hurrell were in the team together.

Lost 12kg eh, that's enormous. Hurrell needs to lose 12kg, he's too big IMO. Would be more effective toned up a bit.

Last edited:

DJDL

Bench
I've been impressed by him from his debut and just keeps improving each week

I think, from what I've seen that both Feki and Luetele could be real good for us as centres but yet we are buying centres.

Farked I know. I suppose smarter people than me run the club?

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I think, from what I've seen that both Feki and Luetele could be real good for us as centres but yet we are buying centres.

Farked I know. I suppose smarter people than me run the club?

We everything thats going on i would suggest that smarter blokes then you aren't running the club... do you want a job.

Mid next year new board... you heard it here first...

A retired basketball player, A shank of an ex company owner and 3 stooges for support. it looks like a backyard bbq for Woolware rd.

No professional business man all lucky blokes or names...

Feej

First Grade
We everything thats going on i would suggest that smarter blokes then you aren't running the club... do you want a job.

Mid next year new board... you heard it here first...

A retired basketball player, A shank of an ex company owner and 3 stooges for support. it looks like a backyard bbq for Woolware rd.

No professional business man all lucky blokes or names...

Idiot Slothfield would disagree...

BUZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield 16h
@PeterIacono No double standards - we have experienced CEO and the best credentialed board in club history

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Sloth went missing after that night Feej.

I think some of you charnts made the kitchen too hot for him.

I was not involved of course

Feej

First Grade
The Sloth went missing after that night Feej.

I think some of you charnts made the kitchen too hot for him.

I was not involved of course

I got that one last night as I was trying again. He hasn't banned me yet. :)

Frenzy.

Immortal

Of course he would. He's the board's number 1 advisor.

His links to Unity had more to do with me not voting for any of them than anything else.

Would of been akin to voting for our own assassins.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors

Geez it made it all the way to Rothfield.....
Would he live in Woolware Rd too by any chance.

Only time well tell.

I hope they prove me wrong and we get success... However it just stinks of the same old crap cronulla has been through...

Gow was the only chairman to have balls... Or thou miss guided sometimes introduced Sat night footy with a massive success. Bought all professionals in with no personal gains to have from the club..Enough said...

Feki looks good at moment.. Hope he can keep it going and not struck down by second year syndrome..

Latest posts