What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Todd Carney grown up?

Wizardman

First Grade
I finally think he has. Great to see him happy and playing great footy. He came to the Sharks at a time when they needed a star the most.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
I think players enjoy playing for the Sharks. They all seem to get along and there's a good vibe at the club. Was the right move for Carney I reckon.

firechild

First Grade
Carney certainly looked happy and has been playing great footy. Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get himself in the papers for a while. Cronulla seems to be a good place for him.

On an unrelated note, why have Roosters fans become such arrogant merkins? They're making Stains fans look humble.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Where was his great football last week? :lol:

It was pretty hard for him to play great football given the lack of quality possession. No five-eighth in the game at the moment would have been able to stand up in that situation.

I will always be a fan of Carney, he's a talented young player who for all his faults did not deserve the campaign the media launched against him.

What I like about Carney this year is he seems a lot more resilient than he has been in the past, he bounced back well from last week.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Carney certainly looked happy and has been playing great footy. Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get himself in the papers for a while. Cronulla seems to be a good place for him.

On an unrelated note, why have Roosters fans become such arrogant merkins? They're making Stains fans look humble.

Like Sea Eagles fans, by in large Roosters fans are arrogant merkins, it's just that nobody gets mad about it when you're not successful, when you are then people look for anything to have a bitch about.

It was pretty hard for him to play great football given the lack of quality possession. No five-eighth in the game at the moment would have been able to stand up in that situation.

I will always be a fan of Carney, he's a talented young player who for all his faults did not deserve the campaign the media launched against him.

What I like about Carney this year is he seems a lot more resilient than he has been in the past, he bounced back well from last week.

He didn't just play crap last week. He was the direct cause for several of easts tries. Lucky you're not involved in recruitment.

Alan Shore

First Grade

Pearce will choke in the finals, and then we will all have our revenge.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Just like Pearce was directly involved in Boyd's try today?

Your bias gets in the way of you being able to give an honest appraisal of any players performance, you prove that every time you post on this forum.

Just like Pearce was directly involved in Boyd's try today?

Your bias gets in the way of you being able to give an honest appraisal of any players performance, you prove every time you post on this forum.

Did Pearce lose 40-0 today? I'm less biased than you are negative to everyone who isn't named Todd carney.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Nope, you're bias is obvious in your unwillingness to acknowledge that other players can have talent and that Roosters' players don't have bad games, my point is you're giving Carney a bum wrap simply because he's not a Roosters' player. If he was still at the Roosters you'd be hosting weekly circle jerks in his honour, I bet.

I like Carney as a player, but when he plays shit or makes mistakes I don't pretend he played well, I never said he played well last week, I said he couldn't have been expected to perform well.

Nope, you're bias is obvious in your unwillingness to acknowledge that other players can have talent and that Roosters' players don't have bad games, my point is you're giving Carney a bum wrap simply because he's not a Roosters' player. If he was still at the Roosters you'd be hosting weekly circle jerks in his honour, I bet.

I like Carney as a player, but when he plays shit or makes mistakes I don't pretend he played well, I never said he played well last week, I said he couldn't have been expected to perform well.

So you're saying that because of my social status that I don't deserve to have an opinion on the game? I raised 2 kids in a working class home. I lived on butter and toast in order to give these kids a good home. I would know the definition of bias and I can assure you that I am not and carney is trash.

Special K

Coach
He is playing with a cracked sternum and will not be able to get it fixed until after the season.

Would of been tough debuting at 17, all the cash and attention. Seems he has grown into his fame. He is the king of the shire these days

Cliffhanger

Coach
So you're saying that because of my social status that I don't deserve to have an opinion on the game? I raised 2 kids in a working class home. I lived on butter and toast in order to give these kids a good home. I would know the definition of bias and I can assure you that I am not and carney is trash.

No, I'm saying your refusal to develop opinions based on rational thought shows your bias.