What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

First Grade
Watching the news this morning it said that an AFL official from their ElephantJuice team had been informed by ASADA that the drug in question was legal. Surely not? If that is the case why has their been such an invistigation?

He wasn't an afl employee, he worked on the switkowski report for essendon and consults for them. It's just part of essendons PR campaign.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Seems the good Dr has a bit of an inferiority complex...

It appears to me that in Sydney with Rugby League the clubs do not answer to the
governing body (e.g. A.F.L.). It seems that their whole culture is based on trying to
beat the system as are close to the edge as one can. It is my b
elief in A.F.L. that
we should be winning flags by keeping a drug free culture.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He wasn't an afl employee, he worked on the switkowski report for essendon and consults for them. It's just part of essendons PR campaign.

Interesting, it was certainly presented that he was a AFL employee on Foxsports. The way they have put it readsthat he is currently a consultant for Essendon but when informed he was working for the AFL?

Last night, a forner member of the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal claims he was told in February that AOD-9604 was safe and not prohibited.

Essendon champion Tim Watson today called on AFL chief Andrew Demetriou to explain why the AFL did not reveal the information earlier.

Dr Andrew Garnham, currently working as a consultant for the Essendon Football Club, said scientific evidence showed AOD-9604, the substance at the centre of the Bombers' supplements saga, had minimal side effects

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-substances-list/story-fni5f6kv-1226700139012

andrew057

First Grade

"72.
The Thymosin referred to on the ?Patient Information/Informed Consent? forms and
administered to the players was:
(a)
Thymosin Beta-4 which is prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the
World Anti-Doping Code (the relevant facts in
relation to this allegation are set out
in Annexure A to this Notice of Charge); alternatively

(b) a substance in respect of which the Club had failed to reasonably satisfy itself was not prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code."

So I gather this isnt good for Essendon or their players?

magpie4ever

First Grade
"72.
The Thymosin referred to on the ?Patient Information/Informed Consent? forms and
administered to the players was:
(a)
Thymosin Beta-4 which is prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the
World Anti-Doping Code (the relevant facts in
relation to this allegation are set out
in Annexure A to this Notice of Charge); alternatively

(b) a substance in respect of which the Club had failed to reasonably satisfy itself was not prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code."

So I gather this isnt good for Essendon or their players?

Gone, big time and ASADA hasn't finalised its investigation.

Cletus

First Grade
Interesting, it was certainly presented that he was a AFL employee on Foxsports. The way they have put it readsthat he is currently a consultant for Essendon but when informed he was working for the AFL?

Last night, a forner member of the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal claims he was told in February that AOD-9604 was safe and not prohibited.

Essendon champion Tim Watson today called on AFL chief Andrew Demetriou to explain why the AFL did not reveal the information earlier.

Dr Andrew Garnham, currently working as a consultant for the Essendon Football Club, said scientific evidence showed AOD-9604, the substance at the centre of the Bombers' supplements saga, had minimal side effects

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-substances-list/story-fni5f6kv-1226700139012

I don't know whether he ever worked for the ago but he was a juror for the anti doping tribunal. From the Essendon news conference that just aired essendon are using his opinions to have a go at the afl. IM not saying he's lying but just because someone at asada makes a mistake doesn't make AOD wada compliant. I've got to say essendon are going hard now, I hope cronulla don't carry on,like this.

andrew057

First Grade
The report is unreal.

"85.
Hooper states that the amino acids injected into 34 Essendon players by him were sourced from a patient (Patient A) who suffers from a form of muscular dystrophy.

Patient A was being treated by Hooper and Willcourt was the medical practitioner from
whom Patient A obtained the necessary scripts for his treatment regime."

Card Shark

Immortal
It appears to me that in Sydney with Rugby League the clubs do not answer to the governing body (e.g. A.F.L.). It seems that their whole culture is based on trying to beat the system as are close to the edge as one can. It is my belief in A.F.L. that we should be winning flags by keeping a drug free culture.

Is he serious??? :roll:

Sure is a typical Victorian. Only thing not typical about him is he called it rugby league....he must have done a little bit of research :lol:

Seriously, comparing what Essendon have done to the Sharks is farcical

if proven there was a systemic regime at the Sharks they should be sanctioned for being as bloody useless at cheating as they are at winning.

My god, I could understand hysteria over the sharks if we had done what this lot have been alleged to have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts