What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Ricky did leave who do use want?

emjaycee

Coach
If Stuart leaves, I hope they pick a coach thats committed to Parramatta on rebuilding the club to what it was years ago when we were premiership contenders.

Now that might take a while, but hopefully with this coach, they pick him and stick with him.

We have not had a coach thats had 3 consecutive seasons, since Brian Smith left.

What happens if we pick a coach that is committed to Parramatta and rebuilding the club to what it was years ago when we sign him. In his first 12 months he cuts out the deadwood players and recruits well for year 2 but he still gets poor results on the field. Then some club he once played for recognises that they need someone to cut out their deadwood and so they make him an offer that is basically 3 times what we are paying him and he leaves.

Oh wait a sec... hang on. Didn't I just describe RS?

We as a club have no control beyond the terms of a contract and any mutual early termination agreement to keep a coach if he gets an offer elsewhere that he deems to good to refuse.

As much as the next guy (except Avenger ;-)) I want stability in the club and the coaching ranks if for nothing else then to give the young guys coming through something solid as they start their career.

Sphagnum

Coach
Ricky will leave. Our club is f**ked and first grade coach is clearly the worst position to hold there. Shame because all it does is whack another 5 or 10 years onto this misery.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You left out the shameless pursuit of self-interest (which doesn't always have to accompany nationalism).

That might lead to crime, but war is an act between states; not individuals.

And also continental countries without lots of hills are to blame (e.g. Poland, Belgium) as they perpetually encourage invasion.

True. But why are there so few wars occurring inside states that lack natural borders between regions (as there are between states without natural borders separating them)?

It's because the people within those states consider themselves one people. That is, if Russians and Poles considered themselves a common nation then there wouldn't be an extensive history of war between Russians and Poles. Ergo, nationalism is again the cause.

There is nothing more divisive than group identity.

That might lead to crime, but war is an act between states; not individuals.

True. I didn't mean 'self-interest' in the sense of one individual's self-interest. I meant it in terms of 'We'll take that coz we wan't it'.

True. But why are there so few wars occurring inside states that lack natural borders between regions (as there are between states without natural borders separating them)?

It's because the people within those states consider themselves one people. That is, if Russians and Poles considered themselves a common nation then there wouldn't be an extensive history of war between Russians and Poles. Ergo, nationalism is again the cause.

There is nothing more divisive than group identity.

Not sure the Belgians consider themselves one people. Anyway, I was adding to your list, not contradicting it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Time for someone with new ideas,not these old plodders like Niel Henry/Tim Sheens etc etc,the man for the job shall Ricky leave is Kevin Walters

Time for someone with new ideas,not these old plodders like Niel Henry/Tim Sheens etc etc,the man for the job shall Ricky leave is Kevin Walters

Why? I mean I've got new ideas, such as the deployment of a left fullback, but I don't think I'd be successful. What's Kevin up to?

Delboy

First Grade
If Ricky decides to go, then first choice is Jason Taylor. Older and wiser than before, and actually wants to be at the club, simples!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member

He's very close to Pete Nolan so you'll probably get no arguments from him

Utey

Coach
If Ricky decides to go, then first choice is Jason Taylor. Older and wiser than before, and actually wants to be at the club, simples!!!!

Ricky wanted to be as well, simple thing is that any unemployed coach or an assistant wanting bigger things will want to be head coach regardless of where it is.

This whole thing stinks.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Hi all

I haven't posted for a while. I have been reading all the posts but, until now, had nothing really to say that hadn't already been said.

I am not one for saying things just to be popular, so those who want to bag my opinion can knock themselves out.

Should Ricky Stuart leave, the candidates I would prefer for the job are (in order):

Daniel Anderson (actually give him full control this time round and watch us improve)
Tony Smith (like his brother, can build a team & knows success)
Brian Smith (no one rebuilds a club like Brian)
Jason Taylor (Not overly convinced & only if none of the other 3 are available.

All the best
WOE