What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first:utility Super League XIX: Rounds 3-27

Patorick

Staff member
Devils v Saints.

Not live on Eurosport this morning. EU Basketball instead.

:(

It's as though they want me to get to work on time...

Last edited:

deal.with.it

Juniors
Salford were terrible losing 36-0.

Tim Smith had a shocker with his kicking game, was not supported by Theo Fages (very young one must remember).

All in all, Salford were rubbish and could not compete with the grind of the match.

Salford were awful as were Hull KR this morning losing 30-10 at home to Castleford. Good win for Widnes over Huddersfield 22-20 and Leeds belting Catalans 40-12

deal.with.it

Juniors
I know its only early, but i was hoping some of the geographically smaller clubs would be relegated (ie castleford)

Harrigan

Juniors
I'm back!

Lost my vision in Sydney last week and ended up missing the game because I was in the Emergency Ward at the Sydney Eye hospital. Sorry to JasonE too. I didn't see your message until I got back.

Leeds are looking pretty good early on, as are Saints. Early days yet but these two have put down the marker for the other teams to reach. In 4 weeks time they play each other and it should be a cracker. Leeds young back line vs Saints young forwards. I can't wait already.

What have I learnt this round so far? Amor is looking like the player some of us thought he would turn out to be when he was at Leeds. Watkins is untouchable in SL at the moment and has the look of a young Inglis about him.

Oh, and Brian McDermott loves a good moonwalk

innsaneink

Referee
Geez Eurosport on FOX is crap....often miss large chunks of the game when IQing it as they screw the time up...todays HKR - Cas game, the bloody audio was 3 or 4 seconds behind the video...all outta whack, very annoying

Patorick

Staff member
I'm back!

Lost my vision in Sydney last week and ended up missing the game because I was in the Emergency Ward at the Sydney Eye hospital. Sorry to JasonE too. I didn't see your message until I got back.

Leeds are looking pretty good early on, as are Saints. Early days yet but these two have put down the marker for the other teams to reach. In 4 weeks time they play each other and it should be a cracker. Leeds young back line vs Saints young forwards. I can't wait already.

What have I learnt this round so far? Amor is looking like the player some of us thought he would turn out to be when he was at Leeds. Watkins is untouchable in SL at the moment and has the look of a young Inglis about him.

Oh, and Brian McDermott loves a good moonwalk
That allowed?

Hope all's well.

Geez Eurosport on FOX is crap....often miss large chunks of the game when IQing it as they screw the time up...todays HKR - Cas game, the bloody audio was 3 or 4 seconds behind the video...all outta whack, very annoying

That was very annoying. Still I guess I am grateful we get to watch it. Get to see Widnes on Friday morning against Salford on Eurosport. Have the day off perfect start to the morning.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Great game between Leeds and Huddersfield this morning just finished too, i won't give any spoilers but well worth a watch if anyone has it on record.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
St Helens v Hull KR 5326
Huddersfield v Leeds 7200

Any reason for the garbage crowd at st helens? I mean that is really atrocious. Huddersfield crowd looked and sound way more than what has been reported

Evil Homer

Staff member
Not sure where you've got those figures from but the attendance at St Helens was 11,818.

JasonE

Bench
Great game between Leeds and Huddersfield this morning just finished too, i won't give any spoilers but well worth a watch if anyone has it on record.

Agree, the most enjoyable game since the WC semi final.
The two late tries were Rugby League at it's best.

I hope that comment isn't a spoiller.

Harrigan

Juniors
Agree, the most enjoyable game since the WC semi final.
The two late tries were Rugby League at it's best.

I hope that comment isn't a spoiller.

Tell you what as well, I think both Leeds and Hudds would have beaten the a bulldogs and Broncos with some to spare. This mornings game was played at similar speed to the opening NRL game between Souths and Easts.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not sure where you've got those figures from but the attendance at St Helens was 11,818.

Ok that seems closer to what I would have guessed. My figure was off the super league site match report about half hour after full time.

Honestly huddersfield looked more like 10k