What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0 for 2 in 2004

Macca

Coach
If we win our next 4 games then we are right back on target. The confidence gained from that will mean plenty more wins. We should be aiming for zero losses at home. The Away wins will come in time too.

Craigshark

First Grade
Although i dont think it is the end of the world if we lose on saturday, i wouldnt like our chances of making the 8 if we did though. I agree if we could win our next 4 games, we are right back on track.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
good luck against manly guys.

but aren't you setting the bar a little high??? top 4????

i can think of 8 teams that have a better team than you guys. (don't kill me for saying that)

Roosters/Canberra/Knights/Broncos/Panthers/Bulldogs/Warriors/Melbourne

I reckon you should be happy to scrape into the 8.

I'm a manly supporter and i don't expect anything like that from my boys, at the most i would be hoping to be pushing for 8th spot with about 2 or 3 other teams wanting the spot as well.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
don't seem so shocked SS hehehe

i just think you guyes need to be a little bit more realistic.

You have some real quality players, but then you have blended them in with some absolute nuffy's!

Time is the key for the Sharks. I think we will see you guys in the finals either next year or the year after.

chileman

Coach
If you played every wekk with a bit extra like you did against the Bulldogs, I'd have you in my top 8, maybe even top 4! But the big word for the Sharks is consistency, your lads really stuck it to the doggs and played impressive attacking footy but can you continue that week in week out.....time will tell of course! I know most of you like most Manly supporters are passionate about your team and their chances and I really think any team on their day can beat the so called benchmarks of the comp.....Sharks have the advantage of home ground which has been a graveyard for Manly over the years (don't I know it :( ) but Manly will be fired up after they were outclassed by the Roosters....should be a great game and thankgoodness it is LIVE...finally I get to watch Manly live this year! #-o

It's just frustrating that that asshole Chris Anderson came with promises of a premiership, destroyed John Lang's squad which were usually top 4 contenders, now we've got a much depleted side who can consider themselves lucky if they make the 8.

It was marketed as needing to take one step back to go two steps forwards, well we only needed to go one step forward in the first place...now look what's happened.

Anderson came in and took JL's side to the preliminary final in 2002.
He thought that wasnt good enough so he gutted it and came 12th or something ridiculous in 2003. In the meantime Langy has transformed the cellar dwellers at Penrith into premiership winners.

Seems like every year's a rebuilding year. Only this isnt just a rebuilding year, it's the year before a rebuilding year.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
ShireShark said:
Seems like every year's a rebuilding year. Only this isnt just a rebuilding year, it's the year before a rebuilding year.

i agree 110% with that statement, except replace Sharks with Sea Eagles!

Macca

Coach
I think that last year was the rebuilding year. The first half of this year will now be counted as rebuilding, but after that there are no excuses with the roster we have.

Jimbo

Immortal
Who's idea was this rebuilding year sh*t anyway?

What if the lads do find themselves knee-deep in the finals this year? Are they supposed to say to themselves "oh sh*t, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year. We'd better roll over and cop it like the Dragons?"

They've either got it or they haven't. A "rebuilding year" is an excuse.

Anonymous

Juniors
They've either got it or they haven't. A "rebuilding year" is an excuse

I agree completely. f**k re-building. Let's just win the whole f**king comp this year - we have the squad to do it, so let's f**king do it.

fizman

Bench
This would have to be the most f***ing sense I have heard in a long f***ing time. Well said lads, keep up the f***ing good work.

Jimbo

Immortal
Sorry to be profane, but weak merkins who make excuses just really sh*t me...